webuyanycar.comWaste of time. Dishonest.

Online valuation of $5200 was not bad. Then I went to webuyanycar queens. My 2005 Buick was honestly in great condition-- just over 100, 000 miles, but immaculate interior, exterior great except a few minor scratches on the bumpers, and runs like new still. After going over the outside of the car and doing a drive around the block they gave me a valuation of 4100. I said his was quite low and that they had taken off too much for minor scratches that will just buff out. I go them to come up to 4300. I said if they could get me up to 4500 I would take their offer, knowing it was a bit less than I could get on Craigslist or Autotrader, but appreciating the convenience.

Then the other guy at the place decided he wanted to go out and take another look at it. Suddenly he comes back in and says that there is paint somewhere on part of the frame under the trunk, which could indicate frame damage. My car had been in one very minor fender bender where a person bumped me at a stoplight. They were going slow and had a grill guard higher than my trunk so only the trunk was damaged. There was no possible way there could have been frame damage from this accident. I am the original owner of the car so I also know that it was in no other accidents. I had thie trunk replaced by OEM parts at the GM dealer. I also had the insurance claim, repair bill, and carfax all showing there was no frame damage. I also asked them, and their own report at webuyanycar ( which they claimed is more strict than carfax) said no frame damage. Anyway, after that I could not get them above $3100, which was a complete joke.

By the way, I sold the car 2 weeks later for $4800. Save yourself the time and the headache and price your car well and sell it yourself through craigslist or autotrader...you have to sort through a few scammers but it is easier to delete a few ridiculous emails than wasting 1/2 a day at webuyanycar.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices