Wawacigarette sales

I have been shopping at wawa since I was 10 years old before wawa became the high success that it is. I have never filed a complaint before this. I am 52 years old. And unfortunately I look 52. I went into the wawa on street road in Warminster yesterday to purchase the enjoy vap electronic cigarette and a pack of regular cigarettes. I was told that I need to show my id. I explained to the clerk that I didn't have my wallet with me but she said it doesn't matter. They would sell them to me. I asked for a manager and he agreed with the clerk. I askwd them do you really think I am under 18. They both said that doesn't matter. Without id they can't sell to me. Well I am here to tell you that you have lost a very good customer. I will now shop at 7-11. I feel you need to know that if this is your policy it is not a smart one. There are policys that need to be interpreted by people who have no common sense its going to hurt your business. Thank you

Do
Sep 04, 2019

Comments

• Ro
      Sep 06, 2019

My sister and I are lovers of the F'Real Milkshakes. I understand that WAWA is now making their own milkshakes, which we are not fans of the taste of them, and discontinuing the F'Real Machines. Just like stores sell Coke and Pepsi products, we feel you should over both options for your customers and let them make the choice of which shake they want to purchase.

thank you for our consideration. Philadelphia PA

• Wa
      Sep 18, 2019

Wawa is legally obligated to card you for any electronic cigarette purchase (regardless of your age). It's nothing personal. If you don't have your ID with you that's not wawas problem. The clerk can and will lose their job for selling to you without ID.