Walmartpoor managment

S

I worked for Wal Mart in Glendale for a year. My work record was great. Not one write up. Then came a old manager, but new
CSS.
They preach about integrity witch is something I have lived
my life to protect. I feel without it what do I have to offer
anyone. Well I guess this manager didn't see it that way.
She wanted employees with casher numbers to sign on to reg.
even if they were not working registers. This would make her
look good and put us on the line for theft.
To make a very long story short she along with many other
so called MANAGERS are no longer there. Now I am working
to get my job back.

Chris and Patti Turner May 30, 2007

I was recently disappointed with Wal Mart and their handling of a return. My son received an American Express Gift card for his birthday. He purchased a toy at Wal Mart. The cost of the toy exceeded the amount of his gift card so I paid the difference. I was never told to hold onto the gift card for refunds.The toy was broken and my husband and son went to Wal Mart with the receipt to get my son's money back. My husband was told that since he didn't have the American Express card, he couldn't get cash back only a Wal Mart gift card. I brought both gift cards back to Wal Mart and asked them to please cancel the Wal Mart gift card and put the money back onto the American Express card. I was told that they don't put money back on old gift cards and that my only option was a Wal Mart gift card. I think this is very unfair, this was not a Wal Mart gift card, but an American Express gift card that could be used at any store. I feel I should have been refunded since I did follow Wal Mart's return policy and had my original receipt and did so within a week of my purchase.

• Am
    amanda Feb 08, 2008

Thats not Wal-Marts fault. Wal-Mart did everything it was supposed to. American express does not allow money to be refunded on the old gift card.

• Do
    donald m ficarra May 31, 2008

i asked for a reduction in my interst rate and you ge money refused on four certtain reasons for not allowing it. you said the report came from equifax. i obtained a copy of my credit report from them and was given a rating of 686 which is a rating grade of A . ihave never been late with a payment on any account in my life .so your reasons of past or present delinquency and average credit utilzation, age of oldest bank cardandtrades with delinquency in last 12 months is total bull. GE money is well known for their scams and many, many complaints of decepectin and abuse. iam sending this letter to theSTATE ATTY. along with my credit report to have this matter investigated, to get your company to stop the lying and abuse

• Bl
    Blondie Sep 23, 2008

I have often been in other Wal Mart stores and would like to
    know how come they can be neat and clean with shelves stocked. I was at Unicity the other day and it was sorta the last straw. I counted 27 pallets down the row between womens
    clothing and the nightwear. That was not the only row that
    had pallets, carts, etc. there was unpacked stock, empty boxes,
    all over the store. In the past when you asked for help you got
    help not a point in the general direction, what staff is there is
    trying to unpack so that they can get stock on the half empty
    shelves. The seasonal area is a complete mess, I know it takes
    awhle to change but this is too much! I don't understand why
    no one checks the stores. When I worked retail we often had
    visits from head office, SURPRIZE ones. I am tired of having to go to other stores because of empty shelves and no help.

shannon Jan 03, 2009

you buy a pre paid wal mart visa card and guess what wal mart does'nt even exept them on there own on line ordering web site!!! they will still take the money off the card and you have to wait up to 30 days to get it put back on or some how convince visa to do it! there accuse is it is'nt backed by a bank! its a pre paid card you buy at wal mart what more do they want!!!

• Su
    sunnie Feb 26, 2009

I worked for Wal Mart and the procedure typically is, you go on
    line place your order. Then they ship it to the store you choose.
    When it gets to your store they call you. Then you pick it up and
    pay there. That way everything is accounted for and no more
    money chasing.

• Su
    Susan Mar 12, 2009

I purchased a Wal-Mart gift card for my father. Fortunately I kept the receipt. When he tried to activate it on their automated system, he was asked for a lot of personal information so he hung up a brought it to me. I called the number to try and activate the card. I had the activation number and the receipt number. The automated system is a phising scheme to get you to provide all of your personal information. At no time does the system say you do not have to provide this information to activate your card. It aks for your: name, complete address, phone number, date of birth, social security number, cell phone number and provider, and email address. I kept yelling no into the phone until the automated system routed me to a person, who also tried to imply that I must provide all of this information. I was furious. They want to send a re-loadable card and try to force you to get it by providing this personal information, before they will activate your card. I was finally, after 45 minutes able to get his card activated without providing all of this information. This is a phishing scam designed to get you to rpovide enough information to have your identity stolen. I am furious, but cannot get a real person on the phone at Wal-Mart to cpmplain.

• Li
    Linda Mar 16, 2009

In all due respect Mafia is an organized crime group, and if the Mafia shoe fits the Walmart foot... then yes it is one and the same! never ever give out personal information for something as lame as a department store card! Social Security Card? Big Red Flag waving there. Your father is a wise man who has raised a wise child. Thank you for your forwarning, lets hope theres enough other wise people, and children, to appreciate it and be better protected against this kind of fraud.

• Ka
    Karen Maiorana Jun 23, 2009

I received a Visa Wal Mart debit card as a gift and I truly could not believe what I had to go through to activate it. First of all, they never told the person who purchased the card that they needed to send me the receipt for a number that was on that receipt to activate the card - it was impossible to get a live person on the phone to help me.
    She finally found her receipt and I proceeded to try again to activate the card and could not believe ALL the information they wanted from me - this was a gift and I have no intentions of adding any more money onto this card. I am spreading the word never to buy one of these cards from Wal Mart - All I know is that when I use this card will make sure I use the full amount on the card and be done with it!!!

Shannon36535 Jul 21, 2009

I just don't understand why it is that wal-mart employees have no concept of customer service or that without the customers who come to their stores then they would not have a job.

I can not tell you how many times I have wanted to ask a question and been interupted by an employee or been walking down the isle only to have a stocker with a large cart of frieght damn near run me down to get where they are going.

I know you have a job to do and even if you are a simple stocker your very first priority should be the customers.

I wont go to another walmart as long as i live... until they get some decent training for their people.

hello target folks!here I come!

• Ju
    just a mystery shopper Aug 02, 2009

YEs you are right all walmart employees needs a good customer service training, they lack customer service skills and i wonder where does walmart get their people to work for them? in the streets!!! they have the most untrained and unskilled workers...shame on you walmart...

• Li
    lilvixen69 Aug 10, 2009

Hahaha...I'm sorry. I completely agree with you because they've almost mowed me down too but just the way you said "to have a stocker with a large cart of frieght damn near run me down"...it's so accurate!

Shannon36535 Aug 24, 2009

im glad i made you laugh and sorry youve had the same experience lilvixen69

Shirley Fialho May 05, 2010

I have a Wal Mart Money Card, all I wanted to do was deposit my California State Tax Return check into the account. Because I had deposited checks previously into the account I was refused service.
    I had to go somewhere else and pay extra to have this check cashed. This is not fair. The purpose of this Money Card is to deposit what ever checks I received and what ever time or how ever many times a week I get one. Because of this Wal Mart lost business, usually after I deposit money into the Wal Mart Money Card I usually shop in the store. Well guess what, Wal Mart lost money because of you today. Tran# 04289

• Ai
    Aidan May 17, 2010

Don't deceive yourself. Wal-Mart's too big to care about whether or not one customer comes back.

• Joninray Jun 01, 2010

Why is it now that Wal Mart is hiring employees that cannot speak English? My wife and I are tying to shop for things and when we ask an employee, they can't speak any English? I know that there are MANY people that are applying for employment and are Americans that CAN speak English...why does Wal Mart hire them knowing that their customers are English speaking mostly. If they want to hire some that are bi-lingual, I have no problem, but do not hire non-English spkeaking employees for on the floor.

• Joninray Jun 23, 2010

BlackIrish, maybe you should go back south where you can be understood. Lame post...

• Joninray Jun 24, 2010

I think that they are getting hired but somehow speak just enough English to get by. Hmmm...

• Qs
    qscott86 Jul 01, 2010

They speak English.. you just want to spout right wing talking points.

• Br
    bruceeweir Aug 08, 2010

Perhaps you should become familiar with the laws concerning money trafficking. However much you want to deposit or whenever you want? This ain't Kansas anymore, Toto. I don't know what alternate reality YOU live in, but this is Earth 2017. Also, if I had a dime for every person that aid they would never shop at Wal-Mart again but still do, I wouldn't have to work. What I wish they would do is post your picture so if you EVER showed up again, they could throw you out. Someone needs to keep you honest.

• Je
    jerreone Dec 03, 2010

After my father and I purchased a 800 dollar computer we proceeded to speak with employees. William a sales associate was very helpfull. My father was in his U.S. Army Uniform and another employee was friendly and we gave him a recruiters card. I myself was in a suit and tye and have shopped there on many occasions. We then proceeded twoward the jewelery department to look at watches. We looked at a watch and a lady came to assist us. She had hair which would fall down to her shoulders and it was up in a pony tail. We asked her for a price on a watch because it was not labeled properly. We then asked to see the watch which was located inside the locked glass jewelery cases. She got it out and RELUCTANTLY handed it to my father. He showed it to me up close as she looked us over thouroughly and looked mad and wanted it back quickly. We hardly had enough time to look at it. It was very rude of her to insinuate that we were or are shoplifters. My father an myself were extremely upset.

• La
    Larry F May 03, 2011

I was employed By Gainey Transport Services as an Over The Road Driver. I often stopped at Wal Marts as their parking lots tend to have parking for 18 wheelers. I went in the Wal Mart down the street from our terminal. I'm wearing a pair of mesh basketball shorts and a Sponge Bob tsirt. I buy a pint of ice cream and a rotisserie chicken. After I paid I told the cashier that I had forgotten to check the automotive clearance section. The reason I mentioned this was I thought if they wanted me to leave the bag with my purchases up front they would probably tell me. Since the cashier didn't say to leave my bag I figured it was no big deal. I went back in the store l***oked around the automotive and returned through the line 10 minutes later. When I got to the front past the registers an elderly female employee asked me if she could help me. I held up my bag and replied that 'I think I found what I wanted.' I then proceeded to the entrance and another employee asked me what register I checked out at. I remembered it was 14 as the store was not real busy early AM. I exited the store and as I began to walk past the rear of my trailer I saw an animated conversation between 3 employees in front of the store. I thought this odd at 1:30 AM and wondered if they thought I had taken something. I got in my truck, started it up and released the air brake. At this time a vehicle approached my truck from each side with a weird siren which caused me to wait and see what they wanted. One of the Wal Mart Security jumps out and yells at me'Get out of the truck'. I ask why? He repeats the request but still has not not fied me why. I let the truck roll forward 6 inches and he pulls a gun out and aims it at me. He tells me to get out of the truck again and when I comply he than yells I need to show him my hands. I told him to make up his mind since to exit the truck I needed to open the door. He then said he would open it for me. He is still pointing the gun at me and three times I tell him do not point that gun at me. I know if it goes off and I'm not guilty of anything he will have to come up with a lie or go to prison. Remember my only crime was being a wal mart customer and wearing shorts and a tshirt I have no place to conceal a firearm. I then ask him why he has pulled a gun on me and detained me and he says three people said you stole something to which I reply 'Am I under arrest?' He says no and I say I'm leaving then. He tells me I can't leave and puts handcuffs on me. He starts to go in my 18 wheeler and I tell him that this truck has a sleeper on it and he does not have my permission and needs to get a search warrant. The only reason I know this is I worked store security years before and I know there are certain laws you must follow to not violate a persons rights in order to win a conviction if they did steal something. He gets the bag withmy purchases and asks me where my receipt is. I tell him it is in the bag as it was but it was in my wallet in the bag. He then goes back into my truck and finds another Wal Mart bag with a receipt from a North Carolina Wal Mart. He looks at the N.C. receipt and is confused. Now he takes me into the store to parade me around in hand cuffs by the registers. I'm a 47 year old white male who does not steal and now I am some kinda pissed. I say in a loud voice for everyone to hear' OK which one of you said I stole something'. None of the employees will look at me and they seem to scatter like cockroaches. The officer then takes me into a room with a bunch of video recorders for store monitoring. I tell him I don't want any of these tapes erased as they are now evidence. At this poin t a youn g white man enters the room and asks me which register I checked out at. I again tell him 14 like the 1st guy. He returns in a couple of minutes and tells the Wal Mart Security Guard to remove the handcuffs. I then grab my wallet pull out my receipt show it to him and explain that I'm going to make sure this does not happen to another Wal Mart customer. False imprisonment, assault with a deadly weapon and illegal detention because they imagined I took something. I contacted three lawyers in the Dallas area and they would not take the case. I figured it was a slam dunk with all the video cameras to prove my innocence. I forgot where I was. If they can murder a President in Dallas what is a little civil rights violation. The funny thing is when I tell this story people often chime in with their Wal Mart Nightmare story. Thank You for shopping at Wal Mart!!!

• Ci
    citizen1,000,000 Feb 13, 2012

To the money trafficking post. I don't know what alternate reality you you live in. I just saw this post and you are an idiot. Where are you from planet kiss ### to big business? Or are you an employee of ###-mart. Money trafficking does not involve State Income Tax checks, or other legitimate checks from businesses. Futhermore you dork. Do you think that there is a limit of money you can cash through your bank? You have to show an ID to get the money card and to use it. Just like an id required at a bank. Maybe ###-mart should post your pic so everyone can know who yhe dumb-### is.

• Fa
    FATMAN WALKING Jan 29, 2014

I went to Wal Mart last night and it was sad...Not one person there looked like they wanted to be there...One store worker was very retarted and was acting very strange...Check out was a joke they had no cashers you had to check out yourself which was a mess..There were like 10 of us and nobody liked doing this we were all tired at 1 am and did not want to bag our own goods...What an awful store...Well I guess this is what Obama means by good jobs lol...Id like to see him work here for a month...