Waldron Electric, Heating & CoolingReplacing dryer receptacle

D Nov 07, 2019

Thomas Waldron is a crook. He charged me $1700 to change a dryer receptacle and plug. It took him about a half hour to do and the parts cost is about $50. Why would I pay this? I had zero idea of the cost of these things. Never had to hire an electrician to do work before and he spent 15-20 minutes babbling to qualify this. I was caught off guard. Don't become a victim. He starts with $110 arrival fee makes you sign. He initially told me it would cost between $500-800 for the whole job. Before he gets started he tells me once he starts work it will be $600. Makes you sign. Once he had me hooked for that amount he tells me it will be another $1000 to complete. I knew I was being hosed but did not know how bad. Every professional I've spoken to about this said the whole job should have been $300 MAX. Then I learn that he has done this many many times to people and he was arrested on 8/12 by McCandless police for deceptive business practice - false/mis stating credentials and criminal attempt theft by deceptive false impression. He is due in court on Nov 13th. Google "Pittsburgh Electrician Arrested" and you will learn all you need to know. He also owns. Also look out for other business names such as Three Rivers Electric, Electric USA inc., 911 Emergency Electric Service, Speedy Electric Heating & Cooling. When I asked him the next day why it ended up being so much more than his original estimate he refused to answer. I was going to dispute with my bank but he would try to sue me whereas he would settle for a fair amount but with a gag order. I would rather let the public know and allow the Attorney General take it from here. He will likely lose another case like the one he lost in 2002 ti AG Jesse Harvey for $41k - 94 victims total. There are SEVERAL complaints they are working with already.