Menu

Walden University  -  Lack of student support

F
Author of the complaint
4:42 am
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more
Replied
The company left an official comment on this complaint.
Featured review
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

My current suggestion to anyone thinking about attending Walden DO NOT. I currently attend Walden University. I chose to attend Walden University because various family members, including my mother, were alumni, and they raved about Walden University. I am here to say that the Walden my family raved about does not exist. Since my first class, my experience has been HORRIBLE. First of all, Walden states that they will take transfer credit., Welp, this is untrue. Despite me submitting everything and completing a parallel analysis of courses and descriptions Walden could not give me credit for ANY COURSES taken at another school, even though the course descriptions are almost identical. Walden will not take the credits.
Second, I withdrew in Spring 2021 to provide increased care for my mother, who became wheelchair-bound permanently. At first, my mother's care needs were highly intense, but as time progressed, they decreased. Therefore, with family support and the hiring of a full-time nurse to help me care for her, enabling me to return for the 2021 Summer. Upon my return, I was given a Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) warning for making unsatisfactory progress. Although my grades were good for the Summer 2021 semester, my SAP was 54%, 13 points shy of 67%, because I could only take 10 credit hours, not 19, which I understood. So I continued on enrolling in the 2021 Fall semester, knowing that I would make my adequate SAP at the end of this semester; once again, I understood this part. But, what I don't understand is Walden's refusal to accept the documentation I have to provide them to support my claim.
For my SAP appeal, I have attached all the supporting documentation that I have, and then some just to show background (See Attachment), But for Walden, it is not enough. They want an end date, my mother is permanently in wheelchair care, and support will be ongoing. There are no doctors for that; what I have is all I can get. What I have submitted to Walden was what I submitted to federal agencies etc.. and it was good enough, but not for Walden. I have asked for help, but FinAid Management is unhelpful. Without SAP approval will have to withdraw again, putting me even further behind. I will never finish. It is like I am being punished for pausing to take care of my mother, who was in need.
I should not have to beg and plead with Walden especially when I have documentation to prove my claim. It appears that after enrollment Walden no longer cares about its students or their well-being.

More Walden University complaints & reviews

Walden University - Fraud
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Walden University - Cost, lack of response, grievance filed without so much as an acknowledgment... The list goes on!
Walden University - Stealing money
The company left an official comment to this complaint.
Walden University - Lack of honest advisement for phd programs in counseling education and supervision
Walden University - Walden University
Walden University - Tempo graduate studies financial aid
3 comments
A
Oct 11, 2021 1:06 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I empathize with these numerous valid complaints against Walden University, the university was investigated by the Department of Justice for unethical behavior which is still ongoing according to the DOJ.

W
Oct 15, 2021 1:43 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

The Civil Division of the United States Department of Justice (DOJ) sent Walden University a letter requesting information regarding allegations about Walden’s MSN program and its practicum component. The DOJ is obligated to follow up on every complaint or allegation they receive. Walden University is pleased to report that in April 2021 the DOJ concluded its review and declined to proceed in a civil lawsuit against Walden. This outcome is consistent with Walden’s view that it has been in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.

ADVERTISIMENT

Learn how the rating is calculated

56 complaints