WageWorkscobra insurance coverage

T

I was layed off in July and the company I worked for offered me continued health care coverage thru Cobra / Conexis / Wageworks. I signed up and started making payments to Wageworks. I was informed that I would be able to use my same insurance provider (Anthem), just as I had been previously. Well Conexis never informed Anthem that my policy was reactivated. So I was forced to pay all my medical expenses out of pocket. I made dozens of phone calls to find out why I was not receiving coverage. They kept me on the run around for over 4 months even though I was continuing to make my monthly payments to Wageworks. Well they never resolved the issue so I requested a backdated cancellation of the whole contract since I had never received any medical coverage and my Anthem insurance was never reactivated. After another month and dozens more phone calls I was told I would receive refund in 30 days. Its now going on 2 months since I cancelled my contract with Wageworks and they have not issued my refund which is $795.15.