vtsup.com (Verotel)Fraudulent charges pinned to credit card

F

I have been having charges for $15.00 pinned to my credit card (Mastercard) every month from a merchant who appears on my credit card statement as vtsup.com*hutt. I called the credit card issuer who informed me this merchant is changing their Mastercard identification number every month which means they are pinning fraudulent charges to people's credit cards. My wife uses the card at small restaurants in San Francisco to pay for takeout food. The card credentials were scraped and then sold to the vtsup.com for probably $50. If a restaurant does this 100x a month they're making an extra $5000 per month. Vtsup.com could be fraudulently pinning $15 charges to 1000s of card per day which over the course of year is millions of dollars. Vtsup.com has a website with no contact information, so its probably a front company in an ongoing scam. Vtsup.com (Verotel's) website says they're a telephone billing company. Be careful using your credit cards at small restaurants and at gas stations because these are the kind of businesses that will scrape your credit card credentials and sell them to a 3rd part like vtsup.com (Verotel) that will then pin bogus charges to your credit card. The amounts of money are always small so people won't notice them. If you can setup notifications for your credit cards to send you a text message or an email everytime a charge hits your credit card you can help protect yourself this way and stop fraudulent charges from hitting your credit cards.

RESOLVED

• Verotel Merchant Services / VTSUP.com's response · May 02, 2017

Dear Fred,

Sorry to hear that your card was used fraudulently. However, everything you say about Verotel is incorrect. Verotel is an Internet Payment Service Provider (not a phone billing company) that servers 1000's of websites worldwide. We don't collect card details to then charge them, we perform billing services for websites. This means that anyone using any of our merchant's services could use the card info collected in a way you described. We have several anti-fraud meganisms in place and collect a lot of info from the card user that needs to be identified. Of course we don't see a signature or pin and have no idea if the person is who he says he is, but we use a lot of logical checks to verify this. Unfortunately we can only identify a thief after something was reported stolen for the first time... please contact [email protected] or [email protected] (risk management) for any assistance to resolve the issue. We are here to help!

Kind regards,

website said price was $15, but was billed $40

• Ve
    Verotel Sep 10, 2019

@tdsmith2 Dear TDSmith2,

Please contact [email protected] (rm at verotel.com) with more info (first 12 digits of the card, email address, etc) and we will try to resolve the issue for you.

Kind regards,
    Verotel Support

• Ri
    Rick Guyton Aug 06, 2018

I thought this was fraud. But, it was for a purchase of a domain name from freenom.

• St
    Stefano Dellanoce May 16, 2018

Same for me! I closed my internet account two days BEFORE but Verotel charged me again. I had to lock my Credit Card and I asked my bank for a new one.

• Hu
    Hugozu Apr 18, 2018

Sorry mate, welcome to the party, your wife is cheating on you. "dating for sex" websites use verotel for anonymous payments.