Vision FinancialHarrassment

P

This company has called me several times regarding a debt that is so old it has dropped off my credit report. I have spent the last few years cleaning up my credit, and now I am getting collection calls from these people! I have asked them several times not to contact me any more. I talked to a Supervisor (supposedly) today, and he told me the only way they would stop contacting me is to send a Cease and Decist letter to: PO BOX 900 Purchase, NY 10577. I will be doing this, but I will not be using a return address, as I dont believe they are going to stop. Then they will have my address, and I will surely get letters in the mail.

• Jd
    JD W Jul 08, 2013

I have been receiving calls from this phone number for about a month. Today, I finally answered. Initially, the call started with a person who did not speak fluent English, who said he had someone who wanted to talk to me, and asked me to hold. After a brief period of hold music, a rude gentleman got on the line and told me he was from Vision Financial and wanted me to provide the last four of my SSN and verify my address. I told him that I would not tell him anything until he told me who the account was with, for which he was calling. He said he could not tell me that, yet he told me that he was calling from Vision Financial. I told him that I would not confirm anything until he told me who the original account-holder was. He was arguing with me, so I hung up. I do not currently have any debts, as I have been working diligently on cleaning up my credit report over the past year or so. If he is not going to tell me what he is calling about, I am not telling him anything. Doesn't he have to tell me what he is calling about? I'm not real familiar with collection law... I'm in California.

• Sd
    sdd1976 Dec 28, 2012

Hi, I just looked at my credit report and I have a vision fince on my record in collections and that is how its spelled on the report, I have no idea what this is so I looked up this company on line and it brought me here, I did claim bankrupt and everything was cleared in 2008, however this is the first time this has appeared on my credit report I have never received a phone call or collection letter about this, and I check it almost every 3 months. So who should I call, what should I do?

• Tn
    TNA7 Oct 29, 2012

I am now dealing with Vision Financial. I agreed to have a certain amount of money withdrawn from my bank account on the same day, each month. The first month had no incident. The second month they took more than the agreed amount and took out even more a couple weeks later. Now I have to FIGHT to get my little money back even after I sent a copy of my bank statement to them, TWICE! This company is extremely unprofessional and untrustworthy.

• Pa
    Panchokloss Oct 27, 2012

Mr Cash probably works for Vision Financial, they are a bunch of crooks, I have been called on a debt that is over Seven years old and was already off of my credit, they wanted me to accept the old debt and make a payment on a repo that was never accounted for. Vision knows they can't sue you or put the debt on your credit history so they try to renew the old debt by getting you to refinance or make a payment on this old debt, by doing so they renew the old debt and have a new account to harass you with and sue or ruin your credit. Don't pay them, don't give them any information, and don't answer their questions, When they can not get any money from you they will try to sell all of your personal information to whom ever will pay.

• Mr
    Mr Cash Apr 19, 2012

I have been in the collections business for close to 20 years, and I know of Vision Financial Corp. While I do not agree with their methodology in most cases I feel this needed to be written. I see complaint boards like this all the time, where the agency "threatened" me or "cursed" at me and I'd say 99.9% of these claims are garbage. The truth of the matter is that the majority of the people posting on these complaint boards claim to have no debt and do not owe anyone any money, but they seem to know an awful lot about collection law and statute of limitations. Guess what, the regular Joe out there that actually has no debt or really doesn't owe any one a dime, DOESN"T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT COLLECTION LAW. You know who does? DEBTORS. What amazes me is half of the stuff that these debtors quote like scripture, is incorrect, they want to quote law and sound tough but they can't even manage to get it right, laughable.

• Kn
    Know better in MO. Nov 30, 2011

They are on the warpath...they call me constantly over an account that has not had any activity in about 7 years...They think they can out smart me because they have my last 4 digits of my social... I know the statute of limitations in the state of MO is 5 years for credit cards. I also know
    DO NOT ADMIT THAT YOU OWE THE DEBT, DO NOT AGREE TO PAY THE DEBT AND DO NOT AGREE TO SEND ANY MONEY TO THEM. If yo do then the statue of limitations might start rjnning all over again giving them legal right to sue you. They are on my last nerve honestly.

NoneofYB Aug 30, 2011

This company has an inquiry on my credit report that I did not authorize. I've never heard of them and the telephone number on my credit report is a non-working number, imagine that. Not a quality company or quality employees you can bet.

• Jw
    JWO 2 Feb 26, 2011

phone calls at 7:59 am nasty harassing threatening anti people at Vision Financial.

• Pu
    PUNKMUDDAH Jun 30, 2010

I made the mistake of authorizing them a ONE-TIME payment out of my account, and they started trying to get it out EVERY month. Now, I have to dispute the transaction in order to get my monies back !

The BBB will hear from me about this !

• Se
    Seeds21 Feb 20, 2010

I got woken up by these people this morning and they were trying to collect on an account that had been reported on my credit record and settled in 2006. When I told the guy this he proceded to shout and yell at me that I was a "liar" and "did I know what was going to happen to my credit record if I did not pay them?". I hung up and called back after about 5 minutes and got another person and asked for their address and spent the next five minutes listening to how my account was $$$$ and they needed payment immediately or they were going to report it. I'm so glad I have a recorder on my phone. Here in AR only one party (me) is required to know about it, but I went ahead and told them it was being recorded. It didn't even phase them. I dealt with folks like this for two years right after college and am not about to start that again. They're getting reported first thing monday morning.

• Fr
    frustated100 Feb 04, 2010

We spoke to a customer service rep today regarding a medical bill for my daughter, which we never received a bill prior to receiving a collection notice from Vision Fiancial Corp. The woman I spoke with just wanted the money today. She did not want to hear that this was the first time we knew there was an unpaid bill. We have health insurance and it should have been process and paid by our health ins. She basically said that was between us and the ins company she needed pay't from us for he entire amt. We stated we could not pay for this bill that's why we have ins and would contact our health ins first to find out what got paid or didn't get paid and why and we would call her back today or tomorrow depending on how fast we would get an answer from the ins co. She then stated we need to call back today, she was there until five and tomorrow she would be out and we still needed to pay that the ins would not pay them.
    We then called the health insurance company who ended up on a three way call with another customer serv rep from Vision Financial, who said they would put the account on hold and would contact their client to inform them that they needed to process this via the health ins. And she would make sure this did not effect our credit report.
    We then called the first rep back since she was not involved in the three way call with the ins co, she stated that that other rep should not have agreed to anything because it's not part of what they do. We still needed to pay them and deal with the ins to get refunded. We stated we could not pay and the ins co was going process and pay they just needed the information for the medical service received. We told her we were going to call the service provider directly and ask them to submit to the ins co and reverse the collection.
    After a few phone numbers and transfers of our call we spoke with the medical service provider billing dept, they asked for my daughter's ins number and said no problem we'll submit this to your ins co.
    How simple was that...I don't know what the problem was for Vision Financial.

• Li
    Lilyrosy Dec 08, 2009

well maybe this will help someone

• Li
    Lilyrosy Dec 08, 2009

They took monies out of my account 7 days before we had agreed and then said I called them on the 22nd of October stating I was on drugs and to run my card for $750 dollars when in fact I called on the 22nd and asked they DO NOT run my card because I had just gotten out of the hospital. I supposely talked to a supervisor who said she has notes stating I said I was on drugs and too run the card and I told her I didn't say that so she was supposed to listen to the tapes and get back to me which she never did...In the meantime I did not even have the money in the bank when they ran my card so I racked up 2 charges for 35 dollars a piece from my bank...

• Te
    Teresah Oct 27, 2009

The exact same thing happened to me. The the representative I spoke with called me a loser and spoke badly about my parents calling them stupid. I was outraged and asked for a supervisor who could not speak english well. It was a mess.