nco financial systems Complaints & Reviews

nco financial systemsSubject: Thomas Stallings - National Collegiate Trust ACCT # 4570745838PAO for administration of payments

To Whom It May Concern,
Thomas N. Stallings defaulted on educational loans in which I co-signed in December 2009. First and foremost, as the co borrower I never received any request for payment from American Education Services (AES) or a default notification / warning of non payments. My first acknowledge of failure to pay was in reviewed of negative information on my credit report in January 2010.
I immediately contacted AES and advised them that this default status impacts my creditworthiness and requested how to initiate restitution on this loan. They advise me that the loan had been forwarded to Diversified Collections Services (DCS), RE: Thomas Stallings - National Collegiate Trust ACCT # 4570745838PAO for administration of payments.
As of February 2010, I took corrective action on behalf of my creditworthiness in complying with a negotiated scheduled payment plan with Diversified Collections Services (DCS), RE: Thomas Stallings - DCS ACT #[protected]. Point of contact: Mr. Jason Bradley [protected], ext 6607.
Paid a Good faith payment in advantage of $8000.00 and follow on negotiated payments of $1000 dollars for the first three months (total $3000.00) and then re negotiated scheduled payments for five hundred dollars per month via my Wells Fargo’s checking account. DCS collected 22 payments of $500.00 via an Automatic Payment from my bank through November 2011 the 25th of each month (total $11000.00). On the 21st of February 2012, I notice that DCS was not taking the scheduled payment of $500 payment via Wells Fargo Automatic Payment plan payments. The checking account had no insufficient issues; therefore, I notified DCS of their failure to collect three month of payment and forwarded a $1500 check for the months of December 2012, January 2012 and February 2012 in order not to default on the arranged agreement and request that they continue to debit the agreed payments of $500.00 per month. The total amount paid to Diversified Collections Services (DCS) in the settlement of the educational loan for National Collegiate Trust ACCT # 4570745838PAO was $23, 500.00 in total payments. (Encl 1 –proof of payments) Provided are copies of my account withdraws as provided by Well FARGO Bank Manager. Also, please be advised that all discusses were recorded by DCS for purpose of these transactions.
In September, I contacted DCS and requested the status of my negotiated plan and they stated that they no longer provided services for this account and were advised to contact the guarantor of the loan (NCO Financial Systems) National Collegiate Trust ACCT # 4570745838PAO Listed phone: [protected] /[protected].
I contacted NCO Financial Systems and they stated that the account was forwarded /sold to MRS BPO, LLC for further collection and provided a contact number [protected]). I requested from NCO to provide me in writing the unpaid educational loan balance as forwarded from DCS, to date no response have been received.
In the mean time, I immediately contacted MRS BPO, LLC and request to continue my five hundred dollars per month repayment plan in an Automatic Payment plan as previously agreed by DCS until my son can afford take over the loan payments. Payments commenced 5th of November 2012.
Request the below corrective action as they applies to this account:
• Request that NCO Financial Systems, Inc. within 30 of receipt of this letter, forward in writing to Jacqueline Mcelhannon, 936 Country Club BLVD, Chesapeake, VA 23322 and MRS BPO, LLC, Inc the corrected amount owed minus the $23, 500.00 collected by DCS.

None of the monies paid to Diversified Collection Services, now Performant Recovery are reflected to the current amounts owed to NCO Financial Systems, Inc.

• Request that Experian and MRS BPO, LLC delete the amounts being reported on my credit report until the corrective amounts are provided by guarantor of the loan NCO Financial Systems, Inc

AES student loans reported these five accounts to the credit agency as charge offs, upon MRS BPO; LLC establishing the collection service in September 2012 they duplicated the charge off as new collections on my credit report.
Sincerely,

JACQUELINE V. MCELHANNON
• (ENCL 1 Wells Fargo Bank checks as drawn by DCS)
Virginia Fair Debt Collection Statute: Virginia does not have its own Virginia Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, but Virginia consumers harmed by a debt collector’s illegal tactics remain under the protection of Federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other consumer protection laws.

nco financial systemsStay away from these guys

I called this company after receiving a notice that I owe them X amount of money as I noticed they had raised the amount quite a lot since I last received a letter from them. I was making small payments but stopped because I currently have NO income.( lost my job ) I told the woman who answered that I have absolutely NO income and that they can't keep raising the amount. Well she started yelling at me and said 'yes we can' and kept saying 'you listen to me' but I wouldn't listen to her and boy did she ever get pissed off! I told her to stop yelling at me ( twice ) and then I cussed her out and called her an ignorant b---h. I was so upset after I hung up the phone as I don't usually speak to people in that manner but she was just so rude I lowered myself to her level and felt so bad. As if I don't have enough stress and anxiety going on, with owing the money and being unemployed, suffering from depression for months and worrying about living in the street. I wanted to call her back and cuss her out some more, but I realised that probably would have made her happy to see that she upset me that much. She was ignorant and arrogant but I will still say a prayer for her this evening.

nco financial systemsLies

I just got off the phone with NCO after checking my bank statement to find that they had charged me for a processing fee after they said they wouldn't! The girl asked me why I needed the $10 then, in a very snotty tone said "AREN'T YOU EMPLOYED?!"

The only time I will be talking to them again is to call and tell them that I am breaking our agreement on account of them LYING to me and they can wait for a check in the mail from me each month like I had asked to do from the beginning, but was told NO!

I certainly hope they record the LYING part!

HELPS YOU GET PAID BY THEM Jun 24, 2011

Email me to discuss your options in dealing with them. I have several that will help.

[email protected]

I have over 8 years experience in this field and a working relationship with a law firm who specializes in cases like yours that may have them PAY YOU!

nco financial systemsI got 11 calls from them asking to pay the debt

About a year ago, I missed a call from a company called Nco Financial Systems, saying they’re trying to collect an outstanding debt of $610. I was very confused, I had never been sent a bill for that amount from anyone, and to my knowledge had everything paid off. Ten minutes later they called again. I picked up, and it was an automated message from a computer telling me to pay my debt.

I’m sorry but I will not pay a debt I know nothing of or who it’s originally intended for. So I hung up and went about my day. Fast forward a few months they called again, and again, and again. Everyday 2-10 times a day, always automated. I finally found a their “business” number and called them. Automated again, with an option to leave a message. Left a message never got a call back.

Finally I found an option and got their business hours. Well by the time I can talk to them they’re “closed” yet they call me with these automated messages upwards to 10pm at night. Now it’s been a year later, with no idea still what this debt is for, I still get the calls, and get no human to talk to.

So I decided to leave one more voicemail for them. This time I got very firm in the message. This message was also left at 5:30pm. Which is after their business hours? Five minutes later, I finally got a call from a live human. I asked what my debt is for, they say it’s medical.

I ask who it’s from, they say it’s medical. Then he changed subjects, and got talking about my message I left. He said it was very threatening, and to expect a police officer at my door to arrest me for “threatening” them. Well cop never showed up of course. I have told them to send a rep to my house with credentials, because I don’t believe their really is a debt.

They tell me they do not conduct business this way and to pay my debt or else. Well come today, I got 11 calls from them asking to pay the debt, can way say harassment.

[email protected]

nco financial systemsTrying to collect on paid college tuition

NCO sent a letter to my home claiming that they are collecting a $6, 000+ dollars debt on behalf of the university I attended. I knew my tuition was paid in full so of course I immediately called the school to ensure that their financial records were straight. They assured me that they had NOT reported anything to NCO concerning my tuition. There was an outstanding parking ticket for 10.00 but they also confirmed that they had not reported anything to NCO. The burden of proof lies with me. Meanwhile, my credit is being damaged by this ruthless company.

nco financial systemsFake debts

NCOFinancial represents Sprint CLEC, a company that fraudulently presents itself as Sprint INC. Here is how the scam works: Sprint CLEC, posing as Sprint INC, sends out fake phone bills to consumers with phone numbers. Sprint CLEC even uses the Sprint Logo on the invoices. When victims refuse to pay, Sprint CLEC turns the fake bill over to NCO Financial, a company who gladly accepts this illegal business and the harassment begins until the victim gives in. This scam is well documented on the internet and has been going on for years now. The Sprint CLEC bill will have this address: PO Box 600670 Jacksonville FL [protected].

NCOFinancial knows that Sprint CLEC is fake. The Sprint INC fraud department knows this is going on too. So does the FTC. Why this organizations allow this fraud to continue is beyond me.

nco financial systemsSettled terms then nothing...

My husband moved back into the United States after an 8 years absence this past year. Come tax time, we received notification that his taxes had been taken to pay back an outstanding debt with a credit card from back in 2001. Somehow, the debt had remained current and the default date was in 2004. Ironically, my husband wasn't in the country after 2002, so the notion that it could be current as of a time period in which he was not even in the U.S. just boggles my mind.

In an effort to resolve the issue that caused his taxes to be taken, my husband called several different agencies until finally he discovered that NCO Financial Systems possessed his "debt" somewhere in the vicinity of $1, 000. He recalled the debt vaguely, but after an 8 year absence, trying to recall the situation, let alone the debt and underlying circumstances was difficult. We checked his credit report and confirmed the amount of $800 from an old credit card.

So he contacted NCO Financial Systems and after several transfers and automated systems, spoke with a human being. The representative he spoke with was not informative! My husband asked the debt amount and was given an amount over $1, 000. Rediculous, how did the amount skyrocket when he had never even been contacted about the debt before his money was taken from taxes. My husband asked for more information and only got the runaround. Unfortunately, my husband decided to try and pay off the debt and reached an agreement with the representative to pay $100 a month until the debt was paid. So, this was March and at $100 a month, come August (now), the debt would be nearing pay-off status (about $200 shy). The representative took our money and then claimed he would contact us on the 4th of each month to seek payment. Come the next month, nothing. My husband tried contacting him, no answer. After multiple messages, my husband and I were at a loss of what to do and decided to let them contact us. They want the money so bad, why wouldn't they want us to pay it off.

We got our answer yesterday. We received a notice in the mail that stated an amount due of $1413! Interest had been accruing all along, which is why the representative had never contacted us. Basically, the debt became current as of March when a payment was made through our taxes and then again via the telephone. Once it became current, NCO refused our calls and wouldn't allow us to pay so that interest could accrue and the debt amount could raise substantially from it's original amount.

I am furious at this news. Especially when my husband and I were trying to be honest and upfront by paying the debt to begin with. He did not deny the debt's existence, nor did he try to avoid the questions! He paid them! Then, to have that thrown back in his face by refusing further communications, proves that this agency has no regard for fair debt collection practices!

After I finish posting this, I am going to contact the Federal Trade Commission regarding their shady business practices. The next phone call after that will be to the original creditor so I can see if they can remove NCO as the middle man if we agree to pay the original debt. I am outraged that collection practices like this go unchecked by government agencies! Shame on NCO and shame on our government for not taking care of the people who put them in office!

nco financial systemsHow to get NCO off your back

NCO Financial started calling me very soon after I went delinquent on my American Express card. Before I go any further, YES I do owe the debt, but due to financial reasons, I was unable to make any payments at the time. So, they called me all day, every day...Called my cell, my wife, anything they could.

Even after talking to them and explaining my issue, they would call me back the same day hoping that I miraculously won the lottery and could pay them. They all spoke horrible English and eventually started talking down to me and trying to put words in my mouth. After months of this, we finally came to terms on a settlement, but they REFUSED to put anything in writing. After talking to 4 supervisors and catching them all in lies about their company's practices (they all contradicted each other), I finally got to feeling that I was being scammed and just felt very uncomfortable. I called American Express with an attempt to settle directly with them, however they said I could not. I then learned that NCO was contracted out to collect the debt and that it WAS NOT SOLD TO THEM. They lady with AMEX asked if I would like to file a complaint with their actions, I did and she removed them from negotiations. Within a weeks time, NCO stopped calling and Nationwide Credit took over. After a 20 minutes phone call, I came to terms with Nationwide and within 3 weeks, the settlement was COMPLETE!!! NCO has not called me since. I am more excited to see NCO go down then I am to settle that account...lol So if you are in the same boat as I was, call your original creditor and see if you can have them removed from the account.

• Si
    simonbouchard Sep 26, 2010

There must be someone out there that has the know how and ability to make a website to log all of these annoying and harassing phone numbers. It seems to me that payback is due to the companies that pay for these strong arm, bullying type of tatics. If you have been hasseled for a bill you do not owe, or a bill that is expired (time wise) and you have been exposed to this type of treatment you owe it to your own self esteam to pay back and help protect others who will be subject to the same type of treatment unless the companies are forced to change thier behaviour to bill collections.

Their weakness is in their toll free phone numbers that are issued for your response.

If enough people use this free number to play music, say hi or just leave the line open then and only then will the message get through loud and clear. Things will change .

nco financial systemsThoughts about Attitude...not an attack...implied or otherwise

A lot of collectors mention frivolous disputes, demanding validation even when the debtor has all but admitted that they own the debt (Which always a matter of interpretation). I had a few thoughts on this…and just wanted to share some advice.

If you think it's frivolous, then stop trying to collect and refer the file to legal for authorization to file suit.

Let the proper personnel investigate the validity of the dispute. It's a waste of time to rely on your instincts, and it's dangerous; "I just know this guy is giving me the run around". If they know enough to dispute, then that should be a good enough indicator that some of the 'tactics' that you might employ to persuade those less sophisticated consumers to pay up aren't going to work. You're likely dealing with a consumer that could get you in trouble if you attempt said 'tactics'. It's not worth the risk, nor the time. If the amount of the debt makes it economically foolish to file suit…let your legal department, or the OC's legal department, as the case may be, cut their losses and you move onto the next file. It's not worth your time. You're not paid to be a lie detector. You're paid to collect, and if the debtor starts putting up legitimate walls as per the FDCPA, even if you think they're stall tactics, you're gut feelings mean precisely nothing. If you're a gambler, then by all means…have a ball - I invite you to throw those dice. As it's been pointed out…there's more and more debtors out there that are on a safari - and they want your head on the wall - don't wander into their camp looking for food.

We have a stupid cat that continuously burns it's whiskers on candles because it can't resist the allure of the flame - must investigate…smell it…bat at it…but it always ends up getting burnt, and then looking at me like it's my fault.

You stupid cat…by now…you know it's fire. The parallel I'm trying to draw here, is that if you see fire…you don't need stick your nose in it to know you could get burnt. The same thing goes for debtors that seem to know a little too much about your job, and the laws that protect them. There's still plenty out there that aren't illuminated, (Their wicks aren't yet lit by this knowledge, if you will), and you'll be safer to concentrate on them…but better do it quickly. It only takes one match to light a thousand candles. Knowledge passes quickly from person to person.

Thoughts about Attitude...not an attack...implied or otherwise

• Qu
    Quickdjw Jun 01, 2012

Quite simple as long as companies get paid they don't care how it is acquired!

nco financial systemsNegligence / Incompetence / Dishonesty

NCO refuses to FORGIVE Student Loans Due to Disability as per their legal obligation. The Dept. of Veterans Affairs has this veteran rated 100% DISABLED, yet the Dept of Edumacation & NCO uses an oxymoron to excuse their misconduct, stating that they use a "Different Standard" to determine disability. Who is breeding these idiots ? (G200709023887201-5) I wrote to Senator Grassley, who had them send me a form (AGAIN) to fill out. I did and they sent me yet ANOTHER. Where is the oversight on this overfed FED system ? This has been going on for the better part of ten YEARS now. Don't they get it ? I haven't been gainfully employed since leaving the military in 1989. I also wrote to ARNIE DUNCAN...no reply...no accountability ???

[email protected]

nco financial systemsDebt collection fraud representing a fraudulent company

World Talent Agency was closed down for fraudulent advertising and fraudulent business services. NCO Financial Systems kept harassing me saying that I owe money to the owner of the agency (with the bill under the owner's name instead of the company name). World Talent Agency was supposed to pay me back $4, 000.00 and NCO Financial Systems said I owe over $1, 000. I responded to their invoice statement that they are committing fraud and I have already reported to the Better Business Bureau that World Talent Agency is a fraudulent company (as also reported on the news). I have not heard any response from them yet, but they kept sending me invoices and placed a negative report on my credit report.

NCO keept buggin me.
    Although, now they no longer contact me but send the collection effort off to another company on their behalf.
    I have a letter I send to everyone of them and they cease and desist immediately.

nco financial systemsConstant Debt Collection Calls to wrong person

They have been calling with an automated calling system for years asking for a Jorge Blanco. That is not my name, no one with that name has ever lived here, and I have never done any business under that name. I did talk to them last year, told them they were calling the worng person and they agreed not to call again. But I still get the automated calls. And when I try to respond to the call, it takes a while the phone clicks, and hangs up.

• Magnolialabelle Jan 30, 2010

I just moved back from Europe on the 21 December, 2009. I was assigned a phone number by Charter Communications on 24 December, 2009. Apparently, the previous owner of this phone number owes many businesses in Cleveland, Tennessee and goes by various names of Melinda, Belinda, Yolanda, Eva, and Evonne. How do I know this? Because bill collectors are harassing me for her debts yet I do not know this person. As far as I know, I've never clapped eyes on this individual. I explain to debt collectors that I do not know this individual, am not a family member or even distant kin of this individual and request that they remove this phone number from their collection list. They promise me that they will remove my number from their list and then call back within several hours from the same company harassing me. Even the elementary school in the Cleveland, Tennessee even repeatedly phones me because this woman fails to pick up her child on time! If this lady has lost her job, then my sympathy goes out to her but I should not be harassed for her debts!!! Want to know why I quit a very good job in Europe to move back to the USA? It is because my mother is dying of terminal cancer (she is in phase 4 and has <1% chance to live according to live). I don't need to be harassed for another persons debts. Consumer protection laws are far better and this would never happen in the Europe. A solicitor would lick their lips for a case like this. They would own this company if this harassment went on in Europe. Why does Europe have far better consumer protection laws for its citizens than America?

nco financial systemsDebt Collection Fraud

About a year ago, I missed a call from a company called NCO Financial Systems, saying they're trying to collect an outstanding debt of $610. I was very confused, I had never been sent a bill for that amount from anyone, and to my knowledge had everything paid off. Ten minutes later they called again. I picked up, and it was an automated message from a computer telling me to pay my debt. I'm sorry but I will not pay a debt I know nothing of or who it's originally intended for. So I hung up and went about my day. Fast forward a few months they called again, and again, and again. Everyday 2-10 times a day, always automated. I finally found a their "business" number and called them. Automated again, with an option to leave a message. Left a message never got a call back. Finally I found an option and got their business hours. Well by the time I can talk to them they're "closed" yet they call me with these automated messages upwards to 10pm at night. Now it's been a year later, with no idea still what this debt is for, I still get the calls, and get no human to talk to. So I decided to leave one more voicemail for them. This time I got very firm in the message. This message was also left at 5:30pm. Which is after their business hours. Five minutes later, I finally got a call from a live human. I asked what my debt is for, they say it's medical. I ask who it's from, they say it's medical. Then he changed subjects, and got talking about my message I left. He said it was very threatening, and to expect a police officer at my door to arrest me for "threatening" them. Well cop never showed up of course. I have told them to send a rep to my house with credentials, because I don't believe their really is a debt. They tell me they do not conduct business this way and to pay my debt or else. Well come today, I got 11 calls from them asking to pay the debt, can way say harassment?

• Ti
    Tired of Bad Customer Service Jun 17, 2010

Everyday I get a phone number come into my fax machine. Today I called it to find out who it was since there are never any faxes. The automated phone message said that they were NCO. So being the internet person, I Googled them. I came across all these complaints on them. (still on hold) I read through about 4 of the complaints. Then I decide just to leave a message, so I push the 2 option (which is leave a message). It went to a live person. I asked them what the calls were for and gave them the number for the fax. She stated that there was nothing coming up. Then she asked me my name, well I know how that goes so I told her she didn't need my name cause it was a business fax number and several people use it. She said please hold for me to check something. I got dial tone.

nco financial systemsAwful Customer Service

I was trying to inform a supervisor that I had scheduled my student loan payments to come out of my accoung bi-weekly by Friday. She was very rude throughout the phone call, she cut me off while I was talking several times, and talked to me in a very nasty tone. At the beginning of the call, she told me that it was being monitored and recorded; however, when I stated to her that I wanted to put in a public records request to receive a copy of the original phone call where I scheduled my phone payments, she was very rude and nasty and told me that I coudn't get a copy because the call was not being recorded. When I asked for her corporate office number, she refused to give it to me and told me that she was going to cancel my payments. I had also asked her to transfer me to her supervisor, whom she claims is a Mr. DeJesus; however, I never received a phone call as she persisted to be rude. I felt very disrespected during the entire conversation and informed Mrs. Allen that she was being rude and she did nothing to correct her behavior or to assist me.

NCO keeps buggin me.

pmf1 May 21, 2010

You are not a customer to NCO, you are their prey.
    Why should they spend time and money on customer service?
    The only thing they understand a legal letter.

nco financial systemsVery rude & unprofessional service

The company I worked for closed, and I lost my job & got behind on some credit card bills. So yes, I understand that I'm going to be getting calls from creditors, I know they want their money, but I pay what I can, and when I'm struggling to pay rent & there are no jobs around, I don't know what else I can do. Anyway, these jerks are SO rude over the phone! You cannot reason with them, and if you ask them to stop calling a number (and I'm referring to a number at my parent's house, where I haven't lived in years, as well as my mom's work number!), they refuse.

They are unprofessional, and it is nearly impossible to understand them, because they have such thick accents. They have a ton of different numbers they call from, so it's not like you can choose to just not answer the phone. I don't mind the calls so much, but when they start harassing my relatives AT WORK, they are crossing a line.

• Ce
    Cellular Residue Jan 18, 2010

Some idiot named Freddy called and left vmail message saying " this message is for Grimaldo Diaz, my name is Freddy and I'm calling from attorney’s office of Pollack & Rossum and I'm calling because your case has been forwarded to my office for the next phases, I'm giving you a courtesy..." at which point I picked up the phone and told him he had the wrong number and I hung up. Poor grammar and pronunciation gave him away.
    The idiot proceeded to call back 2 more times and give me a bunch of verbal abuse to which I hung up and switched on my TeleZapper and when he called back the 3rd time it fed him the proper tones and apparently his phone system disconnected the call & he didn't call back again.
    Phone number (305) 728-3048 is actually a Miami FL land-line number of some rip-off collection agency and Freddy was probably a fake name as was the "attorney’s office of Pollack & Rossum". It always amazes me that these idiots have time to harass innocent people instead of using that time to get the correct information and phone number of the person they are supposed to be calling. I'm sure this guy got really angry because I reversed the role and treated him like a piece of crap, LMAO!

NCO kept buggin me.
    No phone calls and no letters !

nco financial systemsCall after call

The debt they are trying to collect on is past sol, and they have called 12 times after cease and desist letter was signed for. I finally got all my items lined up and notes set and gave them a call. First they use an alias (Michael Unitees) then you get the Indian lady who likes to yell and tell you how you should be ashamed and that you are a dead beat for not paying your bill. so I'm up to 13 violations of fdca, finally got someone I could understand and she said she would take me out of phone system but I still needed to pay the bill. I told her it was past sol, she flipped out and told me I was going to be in trouble with the law and court and have my possessions seized violation 14. I hung up laughed and sent cert letter telling them to stop harassment or be sued. Maybe I should call them 5 times a day and yell at them to see they like it.

• beatthedebtcollector Apr 05, 2009

I am glad to see someone who knows the law protects them. However, you need to create a legal paper trail in order to sue them. Post your story on my blog http://blog.beatthedebtcollector.com/ in the legal letters section. Also, you need to write a specific letter to them called a debt validation letter. I have one on my web site http://www.beatthedebtcollector.com/index.htm, that you can cut and edit in a word doc then send it RRR. Go to the legal letter section.

• Su
    Susan60 Apr 23, 2009

After being contacted by them for at least four months, I did call back, and call back, and call back. Sometimes I just sang theme songs to popular sit coms from the 70's. Other times I told them a joke or asked them questions about Canada, which they said they were calling from, although the people sounded Indian. Other times I asked them questions to crossword puzzles, give me a five letter word for serendipitous, or just asked their opinion about Canandian bacon. Is it ham or bacon? I'm tired of them calling and calling and calling. Enough is enough. I have no money to pay this debt, which I'm gonna dispute just because I should. If I had the money I would pay them, and their strong arm tactics and incessant calling isn't going to change that. They will give up on us and sell the debt and when they do, I will validate with the next agency, which probably won't have the paperwork. At one time I asked a person who was Indian if he thought what he was doing for a living made for good Karma. My guess, NO.

• beatthedebtcollector Apr 23, 2009

Susan
    Why on earth would you pay them? First you have to find out if they can even prove that you owe them, in a court of law. If they can't prove it, then they bought a worthless debt. If they bought a debt that is uncollectable then its not your problem. That is the risk that they take when they buy junk debt. Did you read my web site and Blog? You have to stop being defeated and take the position of power. You have to understand that they are powerless. contact me through my Blog. http://blog.beatthedebtcollector.com/ You can overcome them with the law. It doesn't even matter that the debt may have been ligitimate at some point in the past. It only matters what they can prove in a court of law. The best part is that you can do it all without paying a dime to them or a lawyer. Use the law the same way that they do, to benefit you.

John Bruns Feb 14, 2013

NCO IS A BS COLLECTION AGENCY and must be stopped. You can not call on Sundays, nor collect on a 5 year debt. I hope someone sue's them they are crooks and a BS outfit. I am relly sick of it. We all need to get together and sue them out of business. They are doing illegal activities. This must be stoped

nco financial systemsFraudulent debt

Received a collection letter yesterday for the amount of $79.35. I called the number on the letter to inquire about this mysterious debt. I was informed that in 1998 there was a debt left owed with Baltimore Gas and Electric. This disturbed me so I called this company. Baltimore Gas and Electric informed me that they have no record of me in their system. This is the first I have heard of this false debt and I believe this is a scam. I have built a home and purchased multiple cars within the last ten years and have never seen this debt on a credit report. What can I do to rectify this situation?

• Cr
    Cranky office manager Aug 19, 2009

This company is even trying to harass one of our employees - they sent a letter to our office asking to verify employment and wanted our full company details. Not a chance - employee information is confidential I don't care what Business Practices & Consumer protection act section you quote. When I called my employee to ask if he knew about this - he said it was from an extremely old medical bill. So it looks like they do indeed pick up old debts and try to collect on them. The letter came from their office in from Surrey, BC Canada and they use 1-866-579-5912 as their phone number.

nco financial systemsCollection

I received a collections bill from a workers comp claim from 4 years ago. It even states on their paperwork that it is workers comp.

• Co
    Connie Dec 04, 2008

I am neutral. I am not an attorney. This is not legal advice.

Hmmmm, did I have a workers comp attorney?

I'm in Wilmington and I (me) would talk to one.

I smell a fish, and it's NOT alive!

• Ek
    e k slaughter Feb 14, 2010

56 years old, never a late charge, I am protected by Chaseid, received notice of charge off 99 ncofin/99 for 396 dollars. In my business I receive bad checks, unpaid receivables, unpaid notes etc. I have to abide by rules, to verify collection proceedures! Consumers definentley knows balance owed and why! Last resort, go legal collections, through collection attorney, <even then the Attorney tries everyway possible to remedy the situation> without going legal. Even then, not entered in persons credit file. I am going for gusto with this NCO, 56 years to build my impeckable credit, then surprise, this from 1999, no explanation. Do not have the time for these ludicrous acts, but by reading complaints, this will assist alot of abused people. CLASS ACTION PLEASE EMAIL <ADDRESS ABOVE. Thank you e k slaughter

nco financial systemsStay away from this vultures

I've had the pleasure of having two ridiculous experiences with these monsters. The first time they called about an old insurance company account. We had gotten behind and we agreed to pay NCO monthly payments for six months. They 'out of the kindness of their hearts' lowered the amount owed a bit. So we agreed to pay. I sent out the monthly payments as agreed. The last months payment was 2 days late due to a holiday. A month went by I heard nothing from them so I assumed the account was closed and that our obligation was satisfied. Yeah I assumed wrong. They called me harassing me, saying they are demanding another payment. I said, our agreement we had, has been paid in full. All payments have been fulfilled. She stated in a very snippy voice that we have to make another payment due to the fact that the last payment was two days late. I said you have to be kidding me. She argued with me for a good half hour about this. Stating she can take me to court and various other threats. I found it funny that she didn't contact me for a month. I explained to her, our business is in bankruptcy and that I am already violated out policy by paying her anything, but I wanted to make good on it. So it was a gift that we gave them anything considering our circumstances. I asked her for her full name and phone number which she didn't want to give me so then she sent me over to her 'supervisor'. A guy who sounded like he was fifteen years old. He threatens the same court crap. I explained to him that he got all we are capable of, $2500. I haven't heard from them since, that was a month ago today. I'm waiting for them to contact me another month later with more threats.

The second joyful experience was almost laughable. I had gotten at least three dozen calls from them harassing me about some old telephone account bill we had for $141 dollars from 2004. I explained that if they can send me some documentation of this account I will look into it and pay it if it is indeed owed. That assured me at least a dozen times that they would fax and mail me the document. I never received anything from them for months. Everytime they would call back and harass me, I would ask for the document and they would say its on its way. I never got anything. Today a guy calls me again and demands the payment by phone. I stated AGAIN i am not going to pay you over the phone on an account i don't know about, i need documentation. He states that hes 'not allowed' to send the document now since one was sent 7 months ago. I have never received anything. He stated that I or someone in my office had paid on this account directly to the account holder 7 months ago so i must be aware of the debt. I said well I personally am not aware and I am now the office manager so please send me documentation. He continued to argue with me for about a half hour, still saying hes not allowed to send me anything, that I have to just pay it now or further action will be taken. Further action? over 141 dollars? unbelievable, this is laughable. I asked to speak with a manager and he put me on hold for 5 minutes, no doubt recording me to see if I had anything to say to anyone in my office. I kept silent. He gets back on the phone and says his manager said i had to just pay it. I don't think so!!! I told him to send me something or hes getting nothing period. I said good bye and hungup.

These people are ruthless and take advantage of people. They think that threatening people will get the job done. Well first off its harassment and its illegal. I searched the net and there is thousands of complaints against this a**holes. How can they expect people to hand over their credit card and bank info without knowing what or who they are paying. There demands are ridiculous! I feel bad for those who get taken advantage of because there afraid of these people. To all you accounts out there, please, talk to you consumers directly, don't turn them over to these vultures. Because three of our largest accounts went bankrupt, and still owed us 80000 dollars, we were in a tough spot and spread out our money as far as we could to pay people what we owed but its been tough. It doesn't help to get threats from evil people like this!! We are all just trying to make it! Stay away from these vultures!!!

nco financial systemsUnsolicited phone calls

I am having a lot of trouble with NCO Financial right now. They have been given my account for a Chase card I opened when I had a higher-paying student job, and now that I have lost that job, they keep calling me and harassing me because I can't make a payment. My job right now consists of five hours of work-study a week and I have told them this and told them that I am a full-time student looking for another job. I don't have the time to work somewhere like McDonald's (as the caller suggested I do) because of school. I don't have time to deal with some tacky woman who knows nothing about the (completely dry!) job market in my area lecture me on how I should be trying harder to find work when I'm a full-time student, either.

I offered to send in $20, but was mocked for that. They will not be receiving a cent from me as long as they willingly refuse what little I CAN pay them and belittle my financial status. That is harassment. They called and harassed my parents for about a month before realizing that I don't live there. I had changed my phone number to stay current with Chase, but my parents' number was still on file anyway with these crooks.

The caller, Holly MacDonald, has been more than rude with me as well. I informed her that she was breaking the law by being gruff and rude to my parents and by NCO harassing them for over a month without my consent. She still keeps pushing the issue, saying that it's her right to call whoever she wants, including my employer. I can't afford a lawyer, else I'd sue her and her company for the MULTIPLE violations of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act they have committed solely against me.

I also informed her that my parents are retired and don't have the money to pay off a debt of MINE that their name isn't attached to. She has apparently gotten a copy of my credit report and all kinds of other information about me without my consent as well. She keeps referring to a credit card that my parents paid off a long time ago because that card was attached to my parents name. It has been closed for over a year, yet she keeps referring to it. The fact that she has dug up so much information on me and threatened me by saying, "you would be extremely uncomfortable to know what all I have on you" is a massive invasion of privacy and certainly not in the contract I signed with Chase Bank when I opened up the credit card.

When I kept trying to tell her today (10/1) the truth of what's going on and how it was against the law for her to contact my parents without my consent, she started pressing buttons on the phone like a child who didn't want to listen to what I had to say. She also hung up in my ear after the umpteenth time I told her that I would be reporting her antics to the BBB because they are abusive, childish, and against the law.

Do not give them any information beyond the vaguest details! I wouldn't trust this company with my own ***, much less my money. The second I can pay my bill, I will be in contact with Chase--NOT NCO Financial.

Thus far, I have contacted the PA Attorney General, the FTC, the BBB, and several other "angry consumer" sites such as this about NCO. I recommend that everyone else does the same. They've been in hot water with the PA Attorney General before, and obviously, it didn't work.

• Ti
    Timarie Nov 16, 2008

Tell her you are going to come to her office and ### her in the ###!

Anonymouse Feb 14, 2009

Timarie, that would be stooping to NCO's level. "###" and "###" are words they love to say to people, their emplyoers and their family members when they're trying to collect a debt. And sometimes, they can't even figure out the right person to target with their filthy mouths.

The better thing to tell her would be that you're not sending money. You're sending soap. For the NCO chick to wash out her filthy mouth.

NCO kept buggin me.
    No phone calls and no letters !

nco financial systemsRude and insulting staff

After being contacted by NCO Financial Systems about a PayPal bill that I am disputing with Northwest Airlines, I will NOT ever give any money to them. I have NEVER before had anyone be so rude, insulting and just generally unprofessional to me. I am really disappointed in Paypal for using this company. And it's not just one person -- I asked to speak to the supervisor, and he was the same. I asked to speak to his boss, and he was also awful. Unbelievable.

I was told the bill was for "something" I bought on eBay. I said no, I used Paypal to pay for airline tickets, and then my flights were cancelled. She said, well if you're just going to lie there's no point in talking to you.

Unbelievable.

• Dr
    drwhovian Sep 09, 2008

You need to contact your state's attorney general's office. Bill collectors and telemarketers have legal guidelines they must follow. In most states, they are NOT allow to harass you like this. I work in collections and sales, as well, and I am NEVER allowed to be abusive to a customer, because 1. I'd be fired, and 2. my state forbids us from being loud or abusive to people we're calling (unfortunately for us, the law is not reciprocal). If we get someone who IS being abusive, threatening, deliberately hurting us (our ears), or simply wants someone to yell at, and is not interested in resolving an issue, we are instructed to simply hang up with them--preferably letting them know why (if that's even possible) before we do so.

NCO may be in a state with few consumer protections, or may simply be badly run. These people often work on commission and/or have quotas to fulfill to keep their jobs, and the pressure of the economy may be driving management to take an (unnecessarily) aggressive stance towards debtors.

Definately contact your state's attorney general, That's your best bet. These people were way out of line, and may have even broken a state law--tho I cannot say for certain, of course.

nco financial systemsFraud and cheating

I was so shocked to find a 'BAD DEBT' report from NCO Financial Systems in my credit report. This questionable collection agent reported it to Experian, Equifax and Trans Union. And it had negatively affected my credit score. NCO never contacted me about any debt or collection (and I have not changed address for three years). When I tried to contact them by mail, their address was no longer valid so my letter was returned to sender (me).

Now I don't know how to contact NCO Financial Systems.

• ///// Feb 06, 2009

Same situation. Disputed on credit report and was deleted!!!

nco financial systemsBogus and illegal actions

I have received a statement from NCO Financial Systems, Inc stating that I owe Va. Dept of Taxation for tax year ending in 1990. I did not live or work in Va. during this time. I have never received any information on this at anytime prior to now. How did this come about?

The letter is very threatening and I am concerned they will ruin my credit. I guess that I will have to get a tax attorney. This has got to be bogus and illegal.

We all have to be careful in this day and time.

Thanks for listening, Lisa

• Ju
    Justcallmescrewdebtcollectors. Nov 30, 2008

IN MY OPINION SINCE I'M NOT AN ATTORNEY, SEND THEM A CEASE AND DESIST LETTER AND IF THEY CONTINUE OR PLACE SOMETHING ON YOUR CREDIT REPORT. SUE THEM UNDER THE FAIR DEBT COLLECTION PRACTICES ACT AND COLLECT A MINIMUM OF $1, 000.00 FROM THEIR SORRY %%^$%^$%#!

CAPITAL ONE

Suite 800

P.O. Box 640

Richmond, Virginia 23219

NCO FINANCIAL SYSTEMS

NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
    507 Prudential Road
    Horsham, PA 19044

United States NCO Financial Systems, Inc.
    507 Prudential Road
    Horsham, PA 19044
    800-220-2274
    215-441-3000

Canada NCO Financial Services Inc.
    75 Port Royal East, Suite 240
    Montreal, Quebec H3L 3T1
    514-385-4444

United Kingdom NCO Europe Ltd.
    Old Docks House
    Watery Lane
    Preston, England PR2 1AU
    01772 765000

nco financial systemsMy payment on a school loan!

My complaint on the NCO Finance System is that I had been paying on a loan which was taken out of my employment check to NCO starting in 2001 to 2005. They never credit my account to the National Payment Center US Department of education in Greenville, TX . When I spoked to them about it the have denied receiving anything until they took my income tax money in 2005. I have check stubs to indicate my payment. From that point they turned it over to Asset Management, Inc. which increased the interest. Now Asset Management, Inc. has turned it over to West Asset Management, Inc. in which I am making payments. I feel that I am paying double for a Loan that I payed on. It was a perkins loan. I even wrote the Department of Education which indicated that they only received $20.75 on this loan in 1991. I feel that I am being rip off. I have been trying to get this resolved for 2 years.

• Ni
    nicholas Mar 24, 2008

they said i owe them $483.56 and i didnt have no phone as that number and i was only 16 years old

• Sm
    s.murali May 10, 2008

from,

s.murali.
    9944953230/31
    coimbatore.
    tamilnadu, india

sir,
    iam a customer of airtel on past 3 years.
    my mobile bill amount Rs.4984.00.
    it will be splited to,
    for 31---Rs.3000.00
    and 30---Rs.1984.00
    pay on 5th may for above mentioned nos.i also need to change my no 30 post paid to pre paid.i recived sim card not yet it will not activated.

my another no:31 i pay the amount Rs 3000.00 he will cut off my out going and incomming calls.i have two mobile no but no use, i have lot of problem and sufferring my business communications. but the collection agencies are not responnce my problem.can u do any thing to rectify my problem immediately.is still Not Activated because of which i`am losing my money every single minute...

thanking you,
    murali bharathi.s

nco financial systems — Fraud business practices!

On 1/13/07 i received a notice from nco financial services telling me that verizon had placed my account with...

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices