Viking River Cruises / paid extra £800 for veranda only to find most days unable to use. (see photos)
C.Kerry. Booking No. 5139096 Cruise started 5 May. 2019.
After reading your brochure and watching your videos decided on holidaying with Viking to celebrate our 55 wedding anniversary..
Decided on upgrading to balcony cabin for our celebration on the strength of your portrayal in your brochure and videos. This was a very expensive mistake ( £800 !! )
Nuremberg was ok then all downhill after that . Each port after we were moored adjacent to other Viking ships with no daylight and looking into next ships cabin and they at ours!!! This meant keeping curtains drawn all the time. So much for enjoying either river views or shore views!!
Even taking drinks on upper decks views were obstructed by adjacent sister ships., !
Note .—-other ships such as Scenic, Emerald etc were moored without other ships adjacent.
I feel very strongly that I was misled by both brochure and video!! I might as well have booked the lowest priced cabin and saved my £800!!!
With this in mind I feel a refund from you of £800 would be appropriate
Viking River Cruises Customer Care's Response, May 16, 2019
We’re sorry to learn of your disappointment, C. Kerry, and appreciate the opportunity to respond. To discuss your experience further, we’ve arranged for a member of our team to reach out to you directly. We look forward to connecting with you, and thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. Have a lovely day.
More Viking River Cruises Complaints & Reviews
- Viking River Cruises - scam 
- Viking River Cruises - the cruise that never was 
- Viking River Cruises - breach of contract 
- Viking River Cruises - additional cost to correct their travel arrangement mess 
- Viking River Cruises - customer satisfaction 
- Viking River Cruises - substandard in every way 
- [Resolved] Viking Cruises - customer service and refund policy
- Viking Ocean Cruises - panama canal
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruise - long ship cruise becomes long bus ride 
- [Resolved] Viking River Cruises - terrible communication policy