Videotron — discrimination
I believe that Videotron are guilty of discrimination and racism.
They offer basic anolog cable service to the entire city of Montreal however on the West side of Parc Ave. you are offered a much better package of anolog channels in english and french. If you live on the other side of Pac you get the crappiest selection of channels I have ever seen. I called Videotron and they told me that they decided to offer the better selection on the west side because they did not want to expose the english content to the french speaking Montrealers. If I want those channels I need to pay for basic service, buy a digital box and pay for the additional channels.
I spoke to the French people in my area, including my familly who speak french at home and even they are discusted and embarressed by this. I have yet to find one french person who is offended by having english channels. They all said that if they don't like they don't watch it. If the french channels were being replaced by english channels they would be singing a different tune. The truth is on the West side they are offered all the french channels as the east side for the same price, the only difference is there is a better selection.
In this day and age, in a country that is supposed to be known for its fairness, this is a disgrace. They have the means to fix it but refuse and stick by there racist decision.
More Videotron Complaints & Reviews
- Videotron - Prolonged Service Outage 
- Videotron - THEY LIED TO MY FACE!!! 
- Videotron - Price Plans and Lies 
- Bell, Videotron - Cables, right to private life 
- Videotron - total frustration 
- Videotron - Cellphone rip-off
- [email protected] - bitdefender total security 2018
- Videotron - Service interruption & lack of integrity
- Videotron - trespassing without notice 
- Videotron - unethical behavior