Victoria's Secretunethical behaviour

J Jan 09, 2019

A few personal complaints about my visit to Victoria Secret Stores. Not once did I feel like a valid customer, I was always looked over, or looked at, and almost needed to demand for assistance. I feel like a bother every time I enter the establishment. Upon further investigation and social media attention, I get to see the real horror behind Victoria Secret establishment... The secret; that they aren't very LGBTQ+ friendly, specially transphobic. They have discussed this issue recently stating that they would not hire a transgender model. This opened my eyes a lot to who I was really dealing with. If you haven't already, look up Nikita Dragun. A very beautiful lady who fought for her trans rights against Victoria Secret in the most stunning way. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community I do not feel valid as a human when I enter Victoria Secret Stores. Perhaps some staff training should be required. Not every female that will be buying bras and underwear, fall into your category on what a perfect female looks like. Many people buy bras in all stages of life. Be more accessible to those in the trans community and help them. Help them feel beautiful. Help them feel feminine. Help them feel comfortable in their own bodies. At the base of our fight, underclothing stores need to do more to be more inclusive to every body, gender, shape, and color. Don't even get me started about how disgraceful this company is with body shaming in general, but this isn't a new issue, and I'm sure you're well aware of all the anorexia you cause young adults. This complaint specifically is about how the company and staff mistreat their LGBTQ+ customers. Do more Victoria Secret. Stand up and be the better company. Do you really want to be known as the ones who are homophobic and transphobic? Do better.

Love Jess,
A dysphoric member of the LGBTQ+ community.