vanderbilt mortgage/home first insurancewould not fix roof of trailer

I bought a trailer through Vanderbilt mortgage and had to buy my homeowners insurance through their company which was home first insurance. Could not and I repeat could not buy insurance except through them. All Great Right? Ha ha then I woke up. I had noticed a water stain down my daughters wall in her room, thought small leak in the shingles. Then a storm came through and a tree limb fell and hit the edge of the roof and broke about two foot of the trailer off. I called and the adjuster came out about a week later, looked at the edge where it broke off and the water damage down the wall. Said it was a flaw in the way the trailer was made and there was nothing he could do. Well I understand, the streaks down the wall but what about the tree limb that broke the edge of the roof off. Nope he said can't fix that either. Water damage already there that's why it broke. Ok. so who supoose to fix it, he said guess it will come out of your pocket. Well I scraped up $4000 to put down on the trailer. We live in povertyand I don't have the money to fix it, that is why I paid for insurance and live in a trailer instead of a big nice house. Fought with them for 3 months. Voluntarily gave them trailer back and now they want to sue me for $2300 and some change. If they had fixed the water leaks and the roof, guess what? I would just about have the trailer paid for and still living in it, instead I am now having to come up with $400 a month for rent, not own. There was no way I was letting my daughter and new born son live in a trailer with mold and the roof trying to cave in because part of it broke off. I think it is just a big ripoff through vanderbilt. Just all the money they can get and them not worry about how us poor folk live. Do not ever buy anything through vanderbilt.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices