Vanderbilt Mortgage Company — What is the purpose of insurance on a home that don't pay for any kind of damage
In 2000, my husband and I bought a used home which was financed through a company called Bombardier Capital which 5 years later bought out by Vanderbilt mortg. We purchased this home for 21000 payments $269 plus $30 a month for ins. We had some hard times which led the previous company to put some payments to the back. Once Vanderbilt took over, our payments went up to over $400 a month, saying we owed for back taxes and insurance. Note, our insurance was only $360 a year. They said our payment would be $425 until we caught up and would go back to $269 which never happen. We paid $425 for 2 years and Vanderbilt could not explain what this money went toward. My husband lost his job, they did'nt want to work with us. Harrassing, calling, sending people to our home, taking pictures everytime they came out. Very rude and nasty, threatingforclosure. In 2007, we file a claim for water damage, and roof damage after talking to a rep. they finally sent someone out in 2008. After the adjusters looked at the damage he told they would get back with us. 5 weeks later we recieved the claim which was $6000 that the insurance company say the were not liable for because it was wear and tear over a period of time. So, now my family has been forced out of a home which they forclosed on 02/2009. What is the purpose of insurance on a home that don't pay for any kind of damage. So, this house is on our credit owing the same amount that it was purchased for. We have paid $25800 or more in 8 years on this house.
More Vanderbilt Mortgage Company Complaints & Reviews
- Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance - scam and fraud!
- VANDERBILT MORTGAGE CO / CLAYTON HOMES - UNFAIR CUSTOMER SERVICE / DECEPTIVE SALES ASSOCIATES
- vanderbilt mortgage/clayton homes/ berkshire hathaway - hud violations/violations of the auto stay/forgery/fraud
- Vanderbilt Mortgage - predatory lending
- Vanderbilt Mortgage - Fraud and scam
- vanderbilt mortgage/home first insurance - would not fix roof of trailer
- Vanderbilt Mortgage And Finance [VMF] - customer service, etc
- Vanderbilt Mortgage - collect debt after bankruptcy
- Vanderbilt Mortgage - Harassing phone calls
- Vanderbilt Mortgage - Fraudulent company