Valvoline Instant Oil Changebattery scam

Went to have my 2005 GMC oil changed with my daughter the other day. Upon, the oil change the attendant told me that my battery was weak. I did not pay much attention, as I have never had any issues with the battery. After completing the oil change, the engine failed to start. Dead battery! The attendants said, "I told ya." Then asked if I wished to purchase a new battery. A "red flag" immediately was raised in my mind. I gave a little attitude and told them to just give me a jump with a battery pack. They did and it started. I went on my way. Afterwards, my daughter said she would have purchased the battery if I had not been there to recognize this SCAM! Since the oil change and "weak battery", my truck has not failed to start, nor has it had any issues with the battery. So, please BEWARE!

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices