Value maxRecurring Charges

I've had a recurring charge of $29.95 on my account for the past few months. The first time I questioned my bank about this charge, they refunded my money. It happened again the next month. After inquiring again, I heard no response. After doing some research, I found that Value Max is a scam. They put this recurring charge on your card and disguise themselves as an internet goods and products store. It appears on your credit card statement as MVQ*VALUEMAX. When you search them on the internet it takes you to a website with very little information. It states that they are a web based company that applies refunds or charges to your credit card. There is no list of companies they provide this service for, no contact information, such as street address, phone number or email address. Just a form to fill out online. When you click on the link for their official "website" again, it has little information and when you click on the Contact Us link, you are taken to a page with a drop down menu that takes you to various pages on the site. They have two separate websites mvq-valuemax.com and valuemax123.com. ValueMax 123 states that they sell, health & beauty, travel, dining and home & auto. On mvq-valuemax.com they state that they collect charges and sends refunds. Well which is it?! A legitmate company, wouldn't need a separate domain, to state what the name of their company appears as on your credit card. This company is fake. Beware!

Recurring Charges
Recurring Charges

Jauz-1970 Sep 09, 2015

Sounds like most of you got shafted WAY easier than I have! I noticed this recurring monthly charge of $49.95 a few months back so I began to investigate. I was able to determine the exact website ("Intellius" which is a site to do background checks on people whom you may want to know their background, they also are owners of "REVERSE PHONE NUMBER LOOKUP SITES.) I called the number they had listed on my Credit card statement, and was not nice with them at all, because I remember doing the background check for a "one" time, one person check for .99 cents that was offered as long as you cancelled your temporary membership within 3 days. I think everyone who has used a credit card for any type of service on line knows that if you do not cancel, they are going to bill you monthly at the members rate, and in this case it was $49.95. I got the information I needed and canceled the membership literally within 45 minutes of the whole process. So as I was getting livid with some freaking camel jockey about these charges, he plays a complete dumb ### and tells me they have no record of my account existing with the last 4 digits of my credit card or my email. So I called Discover to tell them of this, and they informed me that these thieves have been charging me the $49.95 every month since 2013, TOTALING $1, 198.70!! So I called back and played nice and pretended I needed to check my balance on my account, and guess what? They found all my information within seconds. Discover has worked very hard trying to reach these people for months and they will not respond, so today I was informed I have lost my $1, 198.70 unless I can find the phone conversation from the call cancelling my membership on May 20, 2013.

• Ca
    Carol Ramsey Jan 13, 2012

I agree with all the above. It took me several months to stop a monthly fee. They were billing my credit card. Credit card company would not stop the charges to them said I would have to contact them directly which is another feat in of itself. Don't even no what they provided me with. Steer clear its a scam

• Jb
    jbills Nov 04, 2010

These people have charged my act many times and I never ordered anything from them! I think we all need to get together and take these people to court. I am now having to cancel my debit card and they did agree to give me back the last two payments but I found out today they have been taking money out of my account in small amounts for several months!!!

Who is with me on getting these people what they deserve???

Julie

• Me
    MerryG Jun 08, 2010

I also had charges from this company and my bank gave me their number. I just called them and they said they would refund me, perhaps you can try that. [protected]

• He
    heppers Feb 12, 2010

WE NEED TO TAKE THESE ###ERS TO COURT

• Th
    Thomas Rider Jan 13, 2010

I have been charged an amount of times by Value Max through my debit card for services that I never ordered nor signedup for.Amounts are 24.95 and 19.95 and there may be other amounts, that I'm not aware of at this time. I will correct this as soon as possible.They have put me in the RED at my Bank and I am having to pay my Bank over Draft fee's.This is completly absurb.

• Ho
    How can they do this? Jan 10, 2010

The same thing happened to me May 2009. I was searching for long lost relatives when I went on the web site Intellius. Charged the $1.90 to my credit card. Next month I see a charge from Value max. I called them they credit the fee back, but, they acted dumb when you ask how the charge got there. With the credit card it was where you use it, make min. payments, then the credit limit is raised. Because of valuemax putting me overlimit, I never got another raise in my credit limit. It is what these rip offs thrive on is people not checking their statements, then after time runs out to dispute, they get to keep your money!!!

• Li
    Linda Crombie Dec 29, 2009

My credit card was charged $24.95 on November 27 and again on December 28th. I did not elect this offer. I called number on credit card statement. To cancel charges I had to request a discussion with telephone rep's supervisor. The charges were cancelled and I was told to watch for a credit within 3-5 days. No one was able to tell me how I got the Value Max membership in the first place! Scam.

• Da
    Danafox Dec 11, 2009

Vaule Max, ID protect, both co. has been charging me from 7/2009 to 11/2009 and I just started looking at my statement today because i was in over draft. vaule max charges 24.95, ID protect charges 19.95. I want all my money back how do I do that???? VERY MAD

• In
    Intelius_Customer_Support Nov 05, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call [protected] Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.

• Te
    teacup10 Oct 03, 2009

ValueMax is a fraud.
    [protected] or www.valuemax123.com
    They are based in Connecticut

Please check your bank statements - they usually do an unauthorized charge of $24.95 though it may be more than that at some times and may be $19.95 for other people. I believe they are also connected to the Intellius website as well as savingsace.com

Intellius.com allows you to search records for a small amount of money. It is a good service but I will never use them again because within a week of my doing so, savingsace and valuemax both pinged my account with unauthorized charges.

BTW, if you do get an unauthorized charge from them, the automated system (dial [protected]) will ask for your phone number, membership number, or card number. Put in your phone number and they will tell you there's no record of you. Put in your card number and your record will be found. After hearing the message, hit zero - a membership number will come up. Hit zero again and again till you have the full accurate number.

Go to the site and input the membership number and your zip code. There is a choice to cancel your account.

Folks need to check their credit and debit cards online DAILY. I am going to cancel this debit card number and get a new one (yet another hassle) to stop this craziness.

• Co
    connie dover Sep 23, 2009

i got my credit card in the mail yesterday i had a 19.95 charge from value max i dont no what the heck it was for i didnot inrole in anything that had anything to do with them.it did have a number to call i called they took off the charges right away all of us need to pay close attention to our cards these days there are so many scams out there it is scary

• To
    TOCCARA BYRD Jul 03, 2009

in the last two months there a two withdrawls in the total of 40.00 total and i did not authorized anything who are these people that just take money from people i have important businsess to take care and i been shame to go pay for things in my money is missing i would like my money back or will talk to an attonery to see what can of legal action need to be process some needs to call in example [protected]

• Br
    Brenda Leonard May 23, 2009

Value Max has charged my credit card with a $19.95 charge that I did not authorized. I have not received any services from this company nor did I authorize any purchase to this company. I have notified my credit card account to look into this matter and told them I will not pay for this services. Not sure what you can do but would certainly appreciate any assistance.

Brenda Leonard

• Co
    complaint fraud01 Feb 17, 2009

I have been fraudulently charge $19.95 on my credit card for services never requested and never desired from this company. My name and charge information was sent to them through a web transaction with Intelius.com. I will register a complaint with the Illinois attorney general.