Vacation Rentals By Owner [VRBO]Upfront information misleading

M Feb 27, 2021

Before going with Vrbo, I called and spoke with many different representatives. I asked many questions so that I understood all of the workings that have changed with Expedia. What each representative knew was a little different from each other.

I finally spoke with someone at a more knowledgeable tier. He was helpful and showed me where to go to get some of my questions answered. My problem was there was not central information center laying out the website policies. I am not sure where to find that again.

Each representative was careful to explain the money collected by Vrbo would take 3 to 4 weeks for Vrbo to process it and get it to me. What each failed to say was Vrbo will keep my money until the tenant takes possession of the unit.

I was under the impression that when they collected the first payment I would get my portion in three to four weeks. However, I just found out that isn't true at all. Vrbo has collected thousands of dollars for the my two-booked units leased in 2022, and they are holding on to this money for a calendar year. There is something terribly wrong with Vrbo holding on to money that should be in my bank account. By having their representatives intentionally not make it clear that I will not see a dime until the tenant checks-in is deceitful. I am upset because I was asking questions every which way so that I was sure I understood it all. The simple fact that Vrbo keeps the money until the tenant takes possession was withheld.