USPS, Union NJnon delivery of mail

G

I moved to Union, NJ 07083 in December 2016. I kept receiving a ton of mail from various individuals that do not live in my apartment. I put 'Return To Sender' on all of the mail and even crossed out the address only to have them put the mail back in my box. This has also caused my legitimate mail to not come through, which I find rather odd since I put in a change of address TWICE! Well, after 2 months someone from the Union office called me 'Ingrid' who asked me to do the job of the Post Office by confirming my address with the leasing office. Why should I do that when some of the real mail came through with the address that's on my lease. She came up with an answer that was so elementary that I decided to humor her. So, of course as I call the number she gave no one is answering. I doubt if this gets anywhere because this is a cycle, a game to place undo responsibility on the public they serve while heading out to lunch for their happy meal. I have mail that I need to receive and I'm at wits end trying to get them to DO THEIR JOB.