2424 E 38th St, Dallas, TX, 75261, US
Thu:5:00 am - 12:00 am
Fri:5:00 am - 12:00 am
Sat:5:00 am - 12:00 am

Reviews and Complaints

HertzMistreatment from dollar rent a car employees and discrimination

On February 28, 2021, I reserved and paid for a rental car from Dollar Rent a Car thought Priceline from my home in San Diego, California. Priceline Trip number [protected], Dollar Reservation number J6854770618 for March 1, 2021, I prepaid for everything. My flight on American 1974 was uneven, a little early. I proceeded for gas. After to the terminal to the car rental area and a produced my credentials to the Dollar counter where a young woman asked for an additional Car rental deposit and $70. After running my Card she informed me that there were no cars and I would have to wait with everyone else. That is when I notice approximately 20 other people waiting on cars. When I told the employees of the urgency of my getting a car they showed no interest. I told them that I am a medical dialysis patient that urgently needed to get to Mississippi for a dialysis appointment and to see my dying brother, they showed no concern! I then stressed that I had a reservation that was already paid for. One of them said that I was in Dallas and my third party reservation meant nothing, They further told me that they were issuing cars on a first come basis and if I wait I may get a car. I waited from 1:30 pm until they closed at 11 and was then to get a hotel and maybe get a car in the morning. I had to pay $60 round trip to a Motel 6 and $70 for the motel as well as $25 for dinner. Dollar did not assist me at all, They left stranded in their lobby area without even an apology. The following morning they still did not have a car for me. I informed Priceline who immediately sent me 30 feet away to Avis where I had to pay again for a car. I finally arrived at my family's home the next day three hours after my brother died. (The whole reason for my trip was to see him before he died.) Further I missed my prearranged for dialysis treatment and almost died due to Dollar's neglect and uncaring. Your DFW employees were rude to me as well as discriminatory and almost cost me my life. They need to learn sensitivity training and how to treat customers. Further, I should be compensated for my loss and for almost costing my life. I had to be admitted to Greenwood-Leflore in Greenwood, Mississippi costing over $33, 333.00 for missing my life sustaining dialysis and not being able to say goodbye to my brother.
Michael Armour