5000 Avenue of the Cities, Moline, IL, 61265, US
Thu:6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri:6:00 am - 10:00 pm
Sat:6:00 am - 10:00 pm

Reviews and Complaints

SearsNo follow through on replacement, unable to contact/protection agreement

Aug 24, 2020 a repair tech came out to my mom's home to service a kenmore freezer. We were told it could not be repaired and a new one would be ordered. We also submitted a food loss claim for $259. The next day we received an email that the food loss claim was approved. We still have not received a check.

We have had no further contact from sears regarding the new freezer. We have called 6 times in sept and oct as well as 4 times in dec trying to check the status of this freezer. Every time there has been a minimum 2 hour wait and we never actually spoke with anyone. The last 3 times I called the wait time was 330 minutes (5.5 hours). Even though the message constantly repeats that they are in contact with suppliers and will be in contact with us, no one has contacted us.

I have tried to contact someone via online chat and various phone options. Everyone I have spoken with basically says you need the protection dept. But they are the ones that won't answer their phone! I feel we are being cheated and sears is trying to get out of paying for this new freezer.

I was told during one chat that 'the tech has approved it uneconomical to repair' but they couldn't tell me if it was ordered. I had another who had me schedule a follow up repair to start the process over but can't guarantee we won't be charged since it is more than 90 days from the initial repair. There has not been an initial repair/replacement to start the 90 day clock. They did not follow through on their end and have not given us any status reports. Dec 29, 2020

Comment Guidelines

1 Response
      Maryanne Martucci Jan 08, 2021

The same with me!!! I do not understand any of this. "They appreciate my patience??" I also have had NO CONTACT from them and in 6 days will be without my TV for 3 MONTHS!!! They are always ESCALATING my repair - nothing happens! I have asked to speak with a supervisor and NO ONE is there to speak with me. Nor does anyone call me back as I have asked... What happens now???