Complaints & Reviews

items delivered - damaged

We refer to a collection of two bed side table from Spain weighing 9 KG each for the above reference no. The both items were properly packed and UPS staff was satisfied with the packaging at collection point. They were also informed the nature of an item and require proper handling.

Upon reciepts the delivery we found both items were badly damaged i.e some of the wood came off partially and in pieces. We informed UPS and they organised a collection for inpection.

We have been told by customer team that the cliam is declined on the basis of that the packaging was not up to standard. We do not agree to this as follows:

1) The items was properly packed and UPS staff were staisfied with the packaging.
2) If packaging was so bad how come one table is broken in pieces compare to other is chipped.
3) Both items were handeled badly by your staff. The items thrown around.

4) We are sure you have a policy for handling items and standars in place. We are shocked and fail to understand the inspection team uable to realise the condition of both items.
5) The items was collected for the inspection from UK address and on what basis the items is returned to spain without our instruction and has to be delivered back to us or to yourselves so you can see the condition of the tables.

6) We would like to ask a question who did a inspection regards to the condition of the tables. Has he looked at the tables in pieces?

Both items were expensive and plus costed us frieght charges. We are very dis appointed with the service we had and the way cliam is handeled .We do not agree to your decisions
and would appreciate if you look in to this matter.

Yours faithfully

Asif Piracha

• Re
    Regain Jun 18, 2015

I ordered a 36 inch fan from a local store. It was delivered to my house apparently yesterday (late in the evening). I was not aware that the item had been delivered. There was no knock, no ringing of the doorbell. Nothing. So I had no idea the item was on my front porch. When I looked out this morning to get my mail there it was on my porch.
    It had rained last night so the box was completely soaked. It was not even wrapped in brown paper or even in a better box. It was placed on my porch and got wet. I am hoping when the box dries the fan will work. What is wrong with your delivery people? I do order a lot online and most of the time my items are fine. If a package is delivered to a home the delivery person should let the owner know that he has dropped off a package. I can't look out the window 24/7 to check to see if I got a package. Please be more careful in the future. Thank you for your help in this matter.

Resolved item not delivered

On november 20th, I should have received a package sent to me from the states. Apparently on the first...

non delivery of goods

THE INCIDENT

Hi there I ordered books from barnes and noble and paid for 1-4 days delivery. I had my friend erica marais of megatraining place the order so that it could be delivered to her business in case i wasnt at home when they came.These people dont phone you or email and tell you there is a problem with the package. when i spoke to annatjie she said no xtra cost. the books have been there since the 22nd nov. yesterday they phoned to say we must pay xtra so we pay it in and today is friday still no books.on the tracking site they say they tried to deliver but no money was available they never delivered any books to us. I need the books what now????

worst delievery service

Due to major problems with UPS on my last shipment, I will NEVER use them again and this is why. I needed to send an Xbox 360 to my friend, so instead of going to FedEx like I should have, the UPS store was much closer. The person working the counter was not nice at all. I filled my information out and told her I wanted ground. She made me sign five different things holding me up for 15 minutes that I could have signed while I was marking down the information. She constantly kept bugging me about where I got the Xbox 360, how much, if it was a friend etc...Like it was her business to know. I also ask that someone be there to sign for it since it was going to an apartment build. She said sure but since my friend would be out during much of the day for no one to sign, I asked if it could be delivered after 3 PM. She told me that wasn't possible and that my friend would have to make the arrangements if he missed the package pick and would have to wait the next day to see if he was there before. FedEx’s service was MUCH more flexible, unlike UPS that really could care less on how much time they waste with you.

Angela Bonilla Dec 25, 2007

I was home all morning to wait for a package and it never arrived so I had to leave. I left at 1:30pm. When I came home tonight I had a delivery attempt sticker on my apartment door that said they were here at 11:30 am. Apparantly my neighbor saw it at the front gate and put it on my door. I was home at that time! No one called or knocked.

About two weeks ago I was walking towards the front gate and saw the ups guy filling out an attempt sticker. He looked right at me, put the sticker up and quickly walked away. I think this is some scam they have going. They dont try very hard to deliver to make money when the sender re-ships. I have never had a good experience with this company.

I called to complain but the representative directed me to the website so I can complain. I never use this company to ship but unfortunately many retailers do so I'm screwed on delivery.

Johnny Mar 09, 2008

The UPS stores are independently owned. They are NOT part of UPS at all. You can go on UPS's web site and print out a label and schedule a pick up without going through a UPS store at all.

always find reasons to delay delivery

UPS CANADA is good in making and faking tracking details. It always claim fault on customer side when delivery is delayed. Often "customer is not found" or " incorrect address" , or " customer not avaialble".

Today I had a package to be delivered in Mississauga near square one in prominent building, I was waiting for whole day since it said "out for delivery" , at around 6 pm. I see tracking system that they coudn't locate my address.

what UPS canada is upto, Are their drivers making fake claim, or UPS has manpower problem, or they intentionally do to cut down their job.

Interestingly they never miss our address for pick ups. Isn't it amusing.

UPS Canada has screwed me many times, ofcourse it is prompt in billing and other affairs which are more profitable for them.

They are just ripoff.

• Oc
    Octavio Jun 06, 2009

UPS guy came to my condo building 3 times in 3 days in Mississauga and never even bothered to call my condo unit to inform me that he has a package for me. What he did was he went to the concierge and ask if there's a check made for UPS everytime he came, and when the concierge said no, he leaves. How can somebody waste company resources by coming back 3 times to deliver something and when he is at the place of delivery he does no effort in contacting the client to deliver the package. I was waiting for my package and I had my check ready with the corresponding amount to pay UPS but I was not informed, not even once that he was downstairs. He was told by concierge to wait and he will make a call to my condo unit to inform me of a UPS delivery. UPS guy said no because he does not have the time. I sincerely hope this complaint would be addressed by UPS management here in Canada. Big companies are all experiencing bad times and employees like this guy who has still not delivered my package are causing big expences for UPS. If I only knew someone in UPS who is with management, I would really go out of my way to report this person because of the lousy job and poor customer service her does. I honestly feel so sorry for UPS-Canada for having this kind of worker under its payroll.

• 曾国超 Sep 20, 2011

The same happen to me today. The online tracking stated there " incorrect address", but when I called the customer service to check the address is correctly printed in their packing slip. They are lying. I will never use UPS and going tell every one that I know not to use UPS and ask my company to stop using UPS.

ups - unusually pathetic service!

Nine out of ten of deliveries to me are messed up. Either they cannot find my street, or my house, or its snowing, or something else. My packages are usually only delivered after a phone call [protected]), and when the driver does finally come and I ask him what the problem was, he always says "must be that new driver". Yeah, right. So I've decided to specifically request the companies I order from to send my stuff USPS.

Also I think UPS should change their name to Unusually Pathetic Service, because that's what their service is --unusually pathetic.

• Wa
    Walter Jan 11, 2008

Email to UPS
    Still don’t have my package.

Was hung up on by your Manager (at least she claimed to be the service center manager) from my local center.

I did EXACTLY what you UPS asked me to do to guarantee I would get the shipment – let them re-attempt, and they would delivery to my leasing office. So when you tag my door – and write on it “Delivered to Leasing office.” And I go to the leasing office – my shipment is not there – and the people who work there state your driver came – delivered freight there but came back an hour later because it was the wrong freight (it belonged to the apartment complex next to ours) but failed to leave anything for us.

So when I finally get to speak to someone from the local service center – of course they have no idea of my past conversations with that facility. And the best they can do I re-delivery the package the next day? I still cant pick it up? Bottom line is – I am the CUSTOMER, I paid for a service – you (UPS) failed to deliver. You FAILED to make right mistakes that your driver made. UPS failed to even try to be helpful or courteous. Instead, I get someone who cuts me off, interrupts, and hangs up the phone?

I wasn’t being rude but I was wanting a solution. If I tell someone I am going to do something – I do it. If I made a mistake doing it – I would correct my mistake.

So this being the first response I have received of the three emails I have sent – I will hope at least some action will be taken to maybe, just maybe rectify situations like this going forward. At least maybe the next customer will have a better interaction with UPS.

I do apologize that whoever is reading this is having to read this. It is a waste of both my and your time. If UPS (along with all courier services) just pick up and delivery the freight as advertised – emails, calls, etc are not needed.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Pretty sad when the only thing I can do is not use your service, send ugly emails, and call your 1800 number. I asked to file a complaint – but noone seemed to know how or wanted too. All I can do is tell others of my experience – which I plan to share with whoever will listen. Shipping is a “Service” not a product.

Resolved bad delivery, bad customer service

I had a package of bedding delivered from Target through UPS. This morning I notice on our outside deck that we don't use there was a large white bag. I asked my husband if he knew what it was and he said no, and went out to investigate. He picked it up and as it had rained last night, it was drenched with rain water. We called UPS and they basically called us liars, that their delivery person had said he delivered it to the front door. Obviously it was not, as the front door is under a covered roof. The worst part is that the delivery man threw it 2 stories up to get on the deck, no note on the front door or anything to let us know it had been delivered. The bedding is ruined, and it was a clearance item so it is not replaceable. The worst was the customer service of the company, who would not admit they had made a mistake and made no attempt to fix the situation.

• Su
    Susan Lantz Jun 10, 2013

I used to use UPS...but this is the last time. I have complained several times about packages being left at the road, which to the driver is the gate. Yes there is a gate there, but it is at the ROAD!!! I can't see it from my door. When I call, if I can get to talk to someone, they don't care. But I sure am going to start pushing any other delivery service!

• Al
    AlGahtani Jul 30, 2014

UPS promised, and I paid for it to be delivered the next day. I tracked the shipment till it was ready for the last leg at 10:00 PM on Friday, but it was delayed till after the weekend. Their last e-mail to me stated: (Any package that arrives after 10:00 a.m. at the destination facility is unable to go out that same day, )!!
    I still keep copies of their e-mail!

A. AlGahtani
    +1(813)735-0061

• Am
    ambailey7 Aug 11, 2018

Worst company ever should just go outta of business or fire the Whole Board cause they don't do anything but make things worse Package was to be del on 8/9/20 couldn't make it they guaranteed it by the 10th. checked my tracking number said it was loaded on the truck at 5:45am on 10th. Checked later showed out for del. Never showed up called C.S. they gave me some crap about only being loaded that evening told them I was guaranteed it by the 10th was told they don't guarantee anything...Guess what happened... I totally lose it on them. said they don't work on weekends told they BS cause I live near the service center and c cars and peeps going in and out all day and night. Then they tryed to sell me some BS about only truck drivers boy did they get a slap in the face told them I drove a truck for 25yrs they didn't know what to say transferred me to someone else...And u know what happened... next time postal service or Fedex cause they both del. on Sundays

double charges

I live in British Columbia Canada and ordered an item from California U.S.A., only some 13oo miles away. I paid shipping charges on the item ordered when it was shipped from the retailer, but when the item arrived i found that i was being charged almost the same amount AGAIN by UPS. Nor was i ever notified that there would be more charges when the item crossed the border.

I find this sort of double billing to border on the criminal. As a consequence i will never use UPS or any other shipper again.

• To
    Tom Perez Jun 08, 2007

Don't Use UPS

They don't have a clue regarding what customer service is. Besides, they lie. Just yesterday I was waiting for two boxes to arrive. One was delivered and the other was not. When I check their website the driver had stated that we where not home. First of all, I have not left my house in a week. Second, if I was not home, how did they deliver the one box. UPS is the worst carried in the world. Don't bother to complaint. I have and nobody cares care at that company. When you order, if possible request Fedex and don't give them your business. No wonder they call themselves brown and we all know what brown stands for. MAY UPS ROT IN HELL!!!

• Lo
    Lost cat Report Oct 16, 2007

UPS is the worst for shipping cross boarder. Their brokerage fees are exorbitant and non-refundable or negotiable even if it was their mistake to add them (Item was a replacement and was marked as such, there should have been no tax coming across the boarder and therefore no brokerage fee) the USPS is what I have found to be the best for shipping from the States charging only $5 for crossing customs as opposed to $25++ charged by UPS who then because I live in a small city that they must deem rural they leave expensive packages on our door step if we're not home. My father who was away on business had an $11 000! insured item just dropped on his doorstep my mother had to get a neighbor to help her bring in the box and the item was so badly damaged that it had to be replaced.

• Li
    linn Oct 28, 2008

wow i think ups is the worst thing ever for shipping yesterday i send 5 items i have around $100 in my paypal so they take the money instantly when i print the label 5 days afeter i was -$65.70 i say why i check shipping details and say
    shipping charges 1 then shipping charges 2 the same money 2 times why
    then i when to the ups and i was marking my boxes fragile please carefully and that guy toll me the ups recepcionist he toll me what are you doing he said if you mark the boxes or not we don't have preveligies for no one we send the boxes and trow the same and i was like wow ups is trash not recomended at all...

ups service stinks!

UPS service stinks - they supposedly tried to deliver a package to my home today, yet they did not even knock on the door but left a notice. I particularly stayed home today to get this package, and now I have to be inconvenienced to make a trip to the UPS office (which I don't even know where it is) to receive my package. And they do not deliver on Saturdays, which is another way of penalizing hard working people who work during the week... At least Fedex delivers on Saturdays.

• Bb
    BBB Guy Jun 28, 2007

Hey, that's right They're stinks. I got two packages, and I asked them you can put these outside so that I can put these inside my trunks. What he did? He looked at me with weird face. Then, he said, this is not heavy, you can deliver yourselves. They don't know anything about the service at all. If it's not heavy, then why does he need to use dolly to deliver? They are sucks !!! I would never every use UPS again!!!

the truth about ups

I have seen a lot of complaints about UPS and I have no doubt in my mind that they are correct. I work for...

I hate ups - the worst shipping company!

I ordered something online and they'd used UPS to send me the package. I paid 2nd Day Air so that I can...

Resolved ups customer service is awful!

I placed an order online and it was shipped by UPS. The UPS tracking said that it was put on MY porch but it was not put on MY porch.

When I called UPS to report this they acted as if it was my problem. They wanted asked me if I had checked with my family, friends and neighbors. I told them if my family or friends were around and knew anything about the package they would have told me and I am not going to go door to door to check with my neighbors. They then said I would have to fill out paper work in order for UPS to proceed with this situation. Who is paying me for my time? So now I am on hold waiting for the company I ordered from to get back to me. I have been waiting for 4 days and haven't heard from them. I guess that Christmas gift went to someone that didn't pay for it.

Bottom line UPS customer service is awful!

• De
    dennis Jul 22, 2008

I believe drivers sometime scan the package as delivered to clear their load so they can go back to the shop at the end of the day if they are running late. the same exact thing has happened to me twice this year. and what is very frustrating is trying to get to a live person at ups. This year I have taken a decision to not use ups or order anything from companies who will not ship by other carriers. usps has been good as well as dhl and fedex. vendors will ship it your way if you insist and tell them you will buy from someone else. We need to take consumer power back.

mantel clock was completely destroyed

My complaint is that the manager of the store tells me that I can not get the $40.00 refunded for shipping of an item that he shipped to me, and also packed there at the store. The item was an antique mantel clock that obviously was fragile as it had glass on the front of it. When it arrived to my home, the box was torn and delivered upside down. The mantel clock was completely destroyed and in my opinion not packed well. The manager sent me an email when I asked him for the shipping cost back also. He refunded only the amount that I paid for the clock, which I purchased from an auction. He gave me an excuse about not refunding the shipping which I find odd. I believe I should be refunded the shipping also. Otherwise, I paid them $40. for destroying an antique clock! They were the ones that packed it and shipped it. This is the email the manager of the store sent me:

Hello Linda Byrnes,

Thanks for the return email. The money that you paid for our services is what insured that UPS was willing to pay for the damaged clock. Our services met the insurance requirements so that UPS knew that our packaging service was not the cause of the damage to the clock but rather how the package was handled in transit. I regret that UPS will not refund the charges for our services. We did our charge correctly again insuring that you would be reinbursed for the damage to the clock. I regret that I am unable then to return the fee for our services as without them you would not have been able to receive anything from UPS.

Keenan Pettit
The UPS Store #53
[protected]

I tried to resolve this by emailing the corporate UPS site, and gave them all the information such as tracking numbers, etc. but they emailed back and said I needed to resolve the problem with the UPS store that shipped the item. So you see, I am at a loss as to whom is suppose to take care of the problem and neither the store, nor the corporate office seem to be any help. I ship items daily as I sell on ebay and they need to know that if I don’t get a refund for the shipping fee, that I will not use UPS again. I ship at least 20 items a week and will never use UPS again unless they resolve this problem. I believe they will lose a lot more than $40.00 if I use FexEx , USPS, or another shipping company. I will also discourage friends, family and customers from using UPS unless they resolve this matter so I believe in the long run they will lose a lot more than just my business.

Linda

• De
    Debra Bergmann Oct 11, 2007

Oh I definitely agree with this one. Just because you pay for insurance, that doesn't mean that UPS will not leave your package without getting the required signature, nor does it mean that they will not deliver it all beaten up, with whatever is inside all broken up as well. What it does mean is that you will spend the next two months, trying to jump through hoops to get them to pay for items you insured. They have continually stalled time and time again, even pointing fingers at some mysterious third party shipper who just happens to have no phone number or any other point of contact. Then to pour salt in the wound, they are just plain rude. How dare we bother them to do their job! Good grief, needless to say, I will carry it there myself before I use UPS again.

Resolved the worst delivery service!

United parcel service is the very worst delivery service out there!. Twice they've lost my items, do they...

missing box

The post office between benton, Louisiana and thermopolis, wyoming. I recently mailed out two boxes to my...