United Healthcare Or Secure Horizonshealth insurance

As a provider of vision care, this is the worst customer service I have had to deal with, upon calling multiple times and being transfered to multiple locations, incl. India, where they can hardley speak english, I had to finally tell the patient I can not get through to claims and he is just going to have to pay my company direct. Lost in the healthcare mayham. I feel so sad for these siniors who get taken advantage of.

• Ca
    Calif Thomas Nov 01, 2009

Secure Horizons (AARP), who is impossible to get "to" as in past the phone answering person, must scrub this site -- there had to have been more complaints. They canceled my insurance claiming I moved (which I did not and could not convince them of such.) I spend literaly hours that I logged and finally gave up! Meanwhile, no Medicare part D, had to pay 20% of a first-time ever since having babies hospitalization (is this really why they cancelled me?) and so on and so forth. They are an evil organization who are patently dishonest -- and unreachable. DON'T SIGN UP WITH THEM NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THEY ARE OR WHAT THEY PROMISE!

Marcia Hughes May 30, 2012

My husband has had 3 Strokes, 1 on the Left and 2 on the right. His balance has been greatly affected and falls multiple times per week. We asked for a simple powered scooter to improve his SAFETY and quality of life, not an Escalde or Hoveround, wouldn't you think this would be cost effective???? Last fall cost $11, 000.00 plus 1400.00 for 911. He tore a vessle below left kidney and had to remian in ER until bleeding stablized, 11hours. He has had to have multiple x-rays as a result of the falls. I hate to think of a fractured hip or worse as that would mean surgery and rehab, a lengthy recovery. His Doctor agrees he should have this simple scooter and has done all that he can.
    Secure Horizons could be so much better without their gate keeper Primecare. Primecare specializes in denial of everything, their goal is to save money for Secure Horizons this is why the insurance companies hire gate keepers. If you write an appeal letter to Prime care and your Dr. calls them then they will send someone to your home to evaluate the situation, this person brings no equipment, supplies or knowledge of what he is requried to do. I had to read the Drs order to the Physical Therapist. Prime Care case manager "MG" Will not call you, you must call her so that she can state due to all the testing (really?) that was done we are denying your request. Ha Ha I have wriiten a letter of appeal to Secure Horizons and directly to Medicare, hopefully this can be resolved soon.