United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] — customer service corporate office
The staff I just tried to negotiate with at the billing department at udr on the phone a female who did not give me her name was extremely rude! I asked to negotiate the price because I felt swindled by the management at the whitmore because I thought I had given the manager kristen proper notice that I was leaving 75 days in advance in an email within the the whitmore rent portal. I did not realize at the time that the notice to vacate letter was in an attachment within a reply that she gave me. I then gave official notice when I went back and found the letter within the email. Only after someone from udr corporate called me to ask if I was renewing. I explained to them at that time that I thought I had already issued notice and they informed me that I had to submit the notice to vacate letter. Which I did which put me at 45 days notice of vacating. I then repeatedly tried to stay in contact with the management who told me if they could get my apartment rented before my lease was up they would try their best so I wouldn't have to pay. At time which I asked to extend the lease because our other place was not ready to move into yet, and surprisingly I didn't need to fill anything to extend the lease. That process could be handled over email, but vacating could not.
So when I called the billing department to set up a payment plan. The lady at the billing department was extremely rude. I simply asked to negotiate the price because I felt like the process to vacate was done poorly. She said there is no negotiation you owe what you owe. I asked to just remove the late fees. She said no. I asked what payment plan could she offer she said $360 a month for 6 months. I said that's too much I can't afford that. She said well you're not giving me a payment plan. I said $100 a month. She very rudely said that is unreasonable sire. I said well I can do $200 she said the best I can do is $220 for 9 months interest free and repeatedly badgered me that it was interest fee and she didn't even have to offer that to me. I said why are you raising your voice and taking this so personally. I'm just trying to negotiate a payment plan I can afford. Then quickly said ok christopher I have to go now. I tried to keep her on the phone but she hurried me off and kept saying I don't have time for this. I will be filing a complaint with bbb and leaving a negative review on every site I can.
More United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] Complaints & Reviews
- UDR - don't rent from any of udr properties
- UDR - udr breaks ca law - class action law suit
- UDR, Inc. - udr uses fake names in its leases to decrease tenant litigation
- UDR (United Dominion Realty) - tenant abuse and illegal activity
- UDR - horrible company to rent for: do not rent with udr anywhere that they own property [email protected]!!!
- UDR Inc. - talisker of addison apartments, addison, tx
- UDR Inc. - rats in my walls for a year now - udr doesn't care
- UDR - misleading and poor apartment management practices
- United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] - maintenance/leasing/resident relations
- UDR - major holders of nyse:udr stock, vanguard group & ing clarion, notified of class action