United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] Logo

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]

Having problems with United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]?

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 10, 2008. The latest review They charge fines to make more money off of you was posted on Jun 1, 2021. The latest complaint tara dexter was resolved on Dec 01, 2014. United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] has an average consumer rating of 3 stars from 56 reviews. United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] has resolved 31 complaints.

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] Customer Service Contacts

+1 855 465 2224 (Resident Relations)
+1 949 650 9861 (Newport Beach)
+1 703 750 6415 (Washington DC)
1745 Shea Center Dr. № 200

Newport Beach
880 Irvine Avenue, Second Floor, Newport Beach, CA 92663

Washington DC
5579 Harrington Falls Lane, Suite 1054, Alexandria, VA 22312

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] Customer Service. Initial United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]. Discuss the issues you have had with United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] Complaints & Reviews

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]They charge fines to make more money off of you

I lived at Peridot Palms in St. Pete, Florida. I paid $1760 per month, not for the square box with paper-thin walls to live in but for the amenities. The gate never worked, the gym equipment had issues, oddly enough every long weekend the hot tub was "Out of Propane". I wrote bad reviews on the social media boards, called out how horrible the management is, and moved out. The management at Peridot sent disparaging emails to my new landlord about me, not realizing I was cc'd on the email string. My rent is paid on time if not early each month.

I moved to The Preserve at Gateway and for a solid year absolutely LOVED living here. Guess what happened? The horrible management moved in here. Now all of a sudden I have a Trash Fine, $50 for not using a container that they claim I was assigned. I have several emails attempting to force me to pay the fine. Someone said this is retaliation and that I should save all emails, voice messages, etc.

This was such a great property this is so sad. By the way, the management while repairing the pool decided to mix cement in the parking lot over the resident's vehicles causing damage. They never warned us or gave us an opportunity to move our cars. I just got the estimate to have the wrap on my car removed! The estimate is bigger than a bread box. I was going to let the incident go but they want to push and threaten me over a $50 trash fine...

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]Billing

This is the worst experience I've ever had with a company. I applied for an apartment in Andover Place in cross creek in Tampa. First they tell me I'm denied because I don't make 5 times the rent and they make you pay the admin fee of $200 with the application fee of $75 to deny you as soon as you press submit your application. I was told it would take only 2 Weeks to refund my money. It's now been over a month and I still have not received my money back. This is about the principle of the situation. This is stealing. When I called corporate the only thing they can say is sorry. We didn't Mail your check out until 3 Weeks after you were denied. We lost your money. That is [censored]. Even your corporate receptionist told me on the phone that the company is getting lawsuits for stealing people's money And not refunding on time or at all. I've been on the phone every week because the office is in Colorado and I live in Florida. I would not ever suggest living in an apartment complex ran by UDR. They steal your money and does not care about your financial situation. They are thieves.

Oct 05, 2020

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] — Red stone ranch apartments

I have lived at the CP Red Stone Ranch apartments now since the end of February and it has been a horrible...

Jan 16, 2020

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] — the entire show!

I am about done with Peridot Palms, St. Pete, Fl. First I was scammed out of 6 weeks FREE your website...

Nov 19, 2019

UDR Foxbourough — mold growing in apartment now moss

We started Living in the Foxborough Apartments about a month ago over a month actually and we've had...

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]no customer service or follow-up

The on-site management at my UDR-owned complex was fine, but anything that went to corporate (anything having to do with rent or move-out fees) is a disaster. Their "customer service" staff are abusive, hostile, and care about nothing but getting every possible dollar out of you. Trying to escalate and talk to someone at corporate about their customer service reps was a waste of time; they never return messages sent through the website or even calls made directly to their voicemail (the on-site management was happy to give out direct phone numbers for corporate).

They will also lie about the status of your apartment at move-out. I'm paying above and beyond my security deposit about things that are not true but that I can't afford to lawyer up about.

Also they're breaking the law in my county for their pet fee policies, which I've reported to the county.

UDR is the worst, don't rent from them.

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]illegal withholding of security deposit

I formally requested walk-throughs before moving out. None granted. Charged key fee despite putting keys in hands of leasing consultant, CeCe Prokop. Also withheld other fees from security noted as illegal by my attorney.

2 demand letters from my attorney has no results. Certified mail was not acknowledged (no return of receipt) and no response to emails.

I'm seeking Agent of Service name and address to have small claims served by San Francisco court.

Phone calls and other requests not answered.

Location: 388 Beale Street, San Francisco, CA 94105.

Help to resolve this matter would be greatly appreciated.

• Updated by Aljay0993 · Oct 20, 2019

Filed small claims court case and won double damages.

• Updated by Aljay0993 · Oct 20, 2019

Filed small claims court case and won double damages for UDR improperly withholding security deposit (San Francisco, CA).

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR]maintenance/leasing/resident relations

Good morning,

This is a message intended for the corporate office. I am a resident at Newport Village (building 4775 #3) and I am filing a complaint/possible law suit and will be bringing someone out to inspect the complex after experiencing the 3rd flood in my apartment but this time due to negligence. The electric room next to my apartment has been neglected and then flooded and caused black mold to develop in both the electric room and my closet. Had I not called emergency maintenance for something that should have been attended to months ago, my entire apartment would be flooded. Despite my efforts, I have now been exposed to black mold (I also have asthma but this extremely dangerous for anyone) and the process to completely redo the electric room and get rid of the mold has not been done. Please give me a call as I am extremely unhappy with this property and complex. Again, I have had 3 floods in my apartment since moving in less than a year ago and yet my rent has been raised. This is unacceptable and I will be taking legal action.

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] — customer service corporate office

The staff I just tried to negotiate with at the billing department at udr on the phone a female who did not...

United Dominion Realty Trust [UDR] — unethical behavior

I asked "many" questions before applying for the unit in rancho cucamonga. Now I was told the holding...

UDR (United Dominion Realty Trust) — udr is trying to get more money after we moved

My husband and I moved in to Bella Terra apartment Huntington Beach California last spring It all seemed so...

Trabuco Canyon

UDR Inc. — unethical behaviour

What a horror show. Do NOT live at any of these apartments, it has been nothing but a nightmare. The...

United Dominion Realty Trust, Inc. — unethical behavior and fraud

I lived in Newport Village (https://www.yelp.com/biz/newport-village-alexandria) for over 2 years. Newport...

UDR, Inc. — apartments

1.0 star rating 6/15/2016 awful owners ripped me off for 2, 300.56 for early termination.. That's no bad...

UDR — dunedin apartments dunedin fla

I'm finally leaving this apartment complex, thank god. The management is mean, rude, unprofessional. The...

UDR — mold all over the unit

San Mateo, CA Hi Courtney, Thank you for meeting with me this afternoon at 12:30 on Saturday February...

UDR Inc. — leasing management in the columbus square

I wanted to complain about behavior of Jacqueline Thomas Assistant Manager. in Columbus Square New York. The...

UDR Inc. — udr is a heartless, soul-less, greedy property management company.

I'm a Southern Cali former tenant. If you rent at any of their properties in Southern California you will...

United Dominion Realtyincompetent management

Be careful and make sure to write your apartment # on your check or M.O. when paying rent or your rent will be applied to someone else's account and you will receive a 3 Day Pay or Quit. Too many new faces, high turnover of staff in their leasing office. Also, make sure you get a receipt for paying rent. Even if it's a copy of your rent check and have them sign and date it. You really do need proof that you paid or you will get screwed. They will not believe you that you paid, they assume EVERYONE is a liar, just like them.

UDR — wrong fully charging us for a microwave that was broken from the day we moved in

They are charging us for a broken microwave 330 $ that was broken when we moved in 2011 .When i got the bill...