True CreditSCAM and FRAUD upon cancellation!

I have used www.truecredit.com for a long time. I called to cancel my account as did my husband and my daughter. Everything was fine and under the "assumption" that it was canceled. However, they did not charge me for one month and then began billing again.

I was very firm in that I needed to cancel my account. I was given the information about how keeping the account could "better my future" and how not having it "could affect employment or living situations." I told them to cancel. Upon telling me it was canceled, the guy told me that "AS A CURTOSY I WOULD BE GIVEN ONE MONTH WITHOUT CHARGE. This is where the scam starts. At this point they lied! I was never told that I will be given one month free and then they will bill again. Not one time did they tell me that they would do this! In fact, I was told the opposite! I was told there would be no more billings.

The second part is the way they bill. You cannot do a stop payment if you use your debit card to pay your monthly charge because they run the transaction as "POS, " (Point of Sale) the same as if you went to Wal Mart and used your card. I have no doubt they do this with your credit card also. This, to me, sounds as if they have been through this before so they don't run it through as normal companies do when you have a recurring charge. Think about it, for every 10 people this is another $150.00, now multiply that by a100 and then 1000. It adds up as one more months charge for every person who is trying to save money.

Now, I realize that this one little letter will not do very much good. My warning is to MAKE SURE YOU KEEP YOUR CANCELATION NUMBER, MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ONE MONTH FREE, MAKE SURE YOU SAY "I ONLY WANT TO CANCEL!" They did cancel my husband's account completely, but not my daughter's or mine. He ended up yelling at the little guy he spoke with, we did not. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Simply put, this is a scam! I would love to find enough people this has happened to and be able to compile a list with the Attorney General from each state so that he can stop this practice. People are having a hard enough time in this economy without having their money stolen. I know I’m not the only one. When they withhold the information that you will be billed after the free month, this becomes a scam. They got my $14.95; do not let anyone have yours.

You can contact me at [protected]@yahoo.com

• St
    sterfry34 Feb 03, 2012

Truecredit.com has all the markings of a scam. A buried and completely non-functional phone number. No email address. No mailing address. No support. I should have known better, as I advise clients on internet best practices for merchants. Now I can't cancel my account and their phone number just rings and rings.

I was so aggravated I thought about joining one of these class action lawsuit efforts, but buried deep within TransUnion's Service Agreement is a Class-Action Waiver. It reads:

YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT NO CLAIM, DISPUTE OR CONTROVERSY MAY BE CONSOLIDATED WITH A DISPUTE OF ANY OTHER PERSON IN ARBITRATION, OR RESOLVED ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS BY A CLASS ACTION OR OTHER PROCEEDING AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO COMMENCE OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY SUCH COLLECTIVE OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING.

I never want to deal with a credit reporting bureau again. The most fraudulent activity I have ever encountered in my time using eCommerce and the internet is with TransUnion and the credit reporting bureaus themselves. I can only hope that the Attorney General of California or a governing body overseeing Transunion has the authority and willingness to sue Transunion and their "subsidiary" Truecredit.com for the millions of dollars they extort from their "valued customers."

John.Edwards Nov 02, 2011

So I was able to get ahold of no one at 10:37 AM EST, so I got on live chat again under their help section. I have posted our conversation.

John.Edwards Nov 02, 2011

Thank you for choosing Truecredit.com. A representative will be with you shortly.
    You are now chatting with Mandy.
    Mandy: Hello! Welcome to TrueCredit. My name is Mandy. How can I help you today?
    You: I talked to Corrie and he told me to try to call back at 10:37 EST to get ahold of someone to cancel my account, and I still cannot get ahold of anyone...[protected]..is the number that I am calling
    Mandy: I'm sorry to know this.
    You: I am calling right now and no one is picking up the phone.
    Mandy: We are experiencing some technical issue with the telephone line of our Customer Service and the issue still persists due to which you are unable to speak to our Customer Service Representatives to get your service cancelled.
    Mandy: Not to worry. The issue will get fixed within an hour.
    Mandy: Could you please try calling our Customer Service department for me after an hour so that you can get this fixed?
    You: That is what you said an hour ago. Come to find out this so called "technical issue" you keep telling me about has been going on since July of this year.
    You: I want someone to call me...
    You: I am tired of trying to get ahold of you people
    You: I have tried 2 solid weeks to get ahold of someone to cancel my service
    You: and can get ahold of no one.
    You: No...you call me. I am not calling you any more.
    Mandy: I apologize. We are experiencing this issue only from the morning and I'm sure you will be able to reach them after an hour.
    You: My phone number is*****.
    You: *****
    Mandy: I'm suggesting you to make a call because as I'm from the Chat Service, I do not have the access to call you back or to your account information.
    You: I cant give you my phone number...
    You: your chat interface wont allow it
    Mandy: Due to security reasons, a series of numbers will not be displayed in our chat window.
    You: You are suggesting something I have already tried for 2 weeks, and this has been a reported issue since July.
    You: Suggest something else. This suggestion you continue to make is insane..
    Mandy: Could you please try once for me after an hour and get back to us if you are still not able to reach them>
    You: Why continue to try to call a number that no one picks up the phone at.
    You: That is one of the most useless things someone can do.
    Mandy: Also, I would suggest you to try calling this number through some other number.
    You: I will try again at 11:37. If I cannot cancel my service at that time. Someone via live chat will have to cancel it.
    You: That is more than fair..
    You: 11:37 Eastern Standard Time.
    Mandy: May I transfer this chat to my supervisor?
    You: Yes
    Mandy: Please give me a moment so that I can transfer this chat.
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to Mohan.
    You are now chatting with Mohan.
    Mohan: Hello! Welcome to TrueCredit. My name is Mohan. How can I help you today?
    Mohan: Hi. This is Mohan, supervisor.
    Mohan: Please give me a moment so that I can have a look at your conversation.
    You: I simply want to cancel service with you, and this is impossible via the method you have provided because the phone number you gave to call you at to cancel service with..has no one answering the phone..at that number.
    You: I am being told this is a technical issue you have.
    You: This issue has been ongoing since July of this year come to find out.
    You: That is 4 months.
    Mohan: I apologize for the difficulty caused to you due to this issue.
    You: People even report that even when they cancel service with you...that they are still billed for service when the month is up.
    Mohan: As we are from the Chat Service, we have been provided access only to navigate through our website and to help you with the information about the services offered through our website.
    You: What is amazing is that you all know this issue persists, and yet continue to suggest it as an alternative to cancel your account.
    Mohan: To get your service cancelled, our Customer Service department is the only place which you will need to call to get your service cancelled.
    You: There is no way to cancel service that way, as no one is picking up the phone to cancel service.
    You: You will have to provide another means because that one is not working...has not been working since at least that we know of July of this year..
    Mohan: I understand your situation.
    Mohan: Please give me a moment./
    Mohan: Thanks for your patience.
    Mohan: Based on your issue, I will help you with online link through which you can send your request to call back so that they may call you back to address your issue.
    Mohan: Will that be okay for you?
    You: We can try it...
    You: We will see what it will do..
    Mohan: Please click on the below link through which you can get the page.
    Mohan: Please click here
    You: http://www.transunion.com/corporate/personal/consumerSupport/faqs/submitQuestion.page
    Mohan: Yes. You are correct.
    You: Here is the message I left:
    You: I would like to cancel my account and have been unable to reach anyone at the number you have provided to cancel service with. I have been in touch via live chat with a supervisor and they told me to try to contact you via this method to cancel service.
    Mohan: Great. You will get response on this within 2 days.
    You: You all only give people 5 or 7 days to cancel. If no one can reach you before that time is up, do you go on and bill them anyway?
    You: It appears that you do..
    You: I had to shut off my credit card to prevent from being billed..
    Mohan: I understand your concern completely. Not to worry. Your card will not be billed and even if it is billed, it will be refunded to your account since your cancel request will be under process.
    You: Ok, thank you Mohan
    You: Well..we will see if they will contact me within 2 days..
    Mohan: I appreciate your patience.
    You: Until then, is this the only way to get ahold of you..or do you have a direct number of any kind?
    Mohan: No. This is the only contact number of our Customer Service department.
    Mohan: Also, you may try calling this number so that you can get the service cancelled immediately if you get connected to our representatives.
    You: Ok, so this is the only number we can reach you at...[protected].
    You: Although no one picks up the phone at this number.
    Mohan: I'm sorry. Please try calling this number after an hour so that you will be able to speak to our representatives.
    You: ok thank you..
    Mohan: You are most welcome.

John.Edwards Nov 02, 2011

So I am trying to call them again here. It is now 10:39 EST and the phone still does nothing but ring off the hook. So I went to chat a live agent again..and here is the extent of our conversation.

You are now chatting with Mandy.
    Mandy: I'm sorry to know this.
    You: I am calling right now and no one is picking up the phone.
    Mandy: Not to worry. The issue will get fixed within an hour.
    You: I want someone to call me...
    You: I am tired of trying to get ahold of you people
    You: I have tried 2 solid weeks to get ahold of someone to cancel my service
    You: and can get ahold of no one.
    You: No...you call me. I am not calling you any more.
    You: My phone number is*****.
    You: *****
    You: I cant give you my phone number...
    You: your chat interface wont allow it
    You: Suggest something else. This suggestion you continue to make is insane..
    You: Why continue to try to call a number that no one picks up the phone at.
    You: That is one of the most useless things someone can do.
    You: That is more than fair..
    You: 11:37 Eastern Standard Time.
    Mandy: May I transfer this chat to my supervisor?
    You: Yes
    Mandy: Please give me a moment so that I can transfer this chat.
    Please wait while I transfer the chat to Mohan.
    You are now chatting with Mohan.
    Mohan: Hi. This is Mohan, supervisor.
    Mohan: Please give me a moment so that I can have a look at your conversation.
    You: I am being told this is a technical issue you have.
    You: This issue has been ongoing since July of this year come to find out.
    You: That is 4 months.
    Mohan: I apologize for the difficulty caused to you due to this issue.
    Mohan: I understand your situation.
    Mohan: Please give me a moment./
    Mohan: Thanks for your patience.
    Mohan: Will that be okay for you?
    You: We can try it...
    You: We will see what it will do..
    Mohan: Please click on the below link through which you can get the page.
    Mohan: Please click here
    Mohan: Yes. You are correct.
    You: Here is the message I left:
    Mohan: Great. You will get response on this within 2 days.
    You: It appears that you do..
    You: I had to shut off my credit card to prevent from being billed..
    You: Ok, thank you Mohan
    You: Well..we will see if they will contact me within 2 days..
    Mohan: I appreciate your patience.
    Mohan: No. This is the only contact number of our Customer Service department.
    You: Ok, so this is the only number we can reach you at...[protected].
    You: Although no one picks up the phone at this number.
    You: ok thank you..
    Mohan: You are most welcome.

John.Edwards Nov 02, 2011

No I found Truecredit through http://bigcash.zipnadazilch.com, and can confirm this in November. This issue still persists. I got ahold of a live agent and this is what they told me. Can someone say.."bull butter"?

You are now chatting with Corrie.
    Corrie: Hello! Welcome to TrueCredit. My name is Corrie. How can I help you today?
    Corrie: Hi, May I know whom am I chatting with?
    You: Richard
    Corrie: Hi Richard. How are you?
    You: great how are you
    You: I need to cancel my service
    You: I have been unable to call you by phone
    Corrie: I'm sorry. To cancel your account, you have to call our customer care. I can get you the contact number.
    You: This is the information I have. Is this correct?
    Corrie: Unfortunately I have no access to cancel your account from my end since I'm from online chat support.
    You: https://www.truecredit.com/contact.jsp
    Corrie: Yes. You have the correct URl to contact our customer care.
    Corrie: If at any point you would like to cancel your membership, all you need to do is call our customer service department at [protected]. Representatives are available Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. till midnight and Friday through Sunday, 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern Time.
    You: That phone number on that page goes absolutely nowhere..I have called that number many times and have been able to reach absolutely no one. It rings off the hook
    You: No agent ever picks up the phone to be able to cancel the service
    Corrie: I apologize for that. It is the correct number only. I'm afraid, it could be a technical issue. Not to worry. Please call our customer care after an hour. I'm sure you will be able to talk with a live representative to cancel your service.
    You: ok I will try in 1 hour from now. That would be 10:37 EST.
    Corrie: Thanks for your patience!

• Gr
    greatwoif Aug 02, 2011

confirm on razmanugget's problem. I'm trying to cancel by calling the stated numbers. Got no answer after constantly calling that number for the pass 4 days.

STAY AWAY from TrueCredit. It's a SCAM!

• Ge
    geminiman7 Aug 02, 2011

Signed up 6 days ago for 7 day trial, only to discover hundreds of complaints online about this service. After reading I promptly tried to cancel today and must say the process was difficult.

First of all, for being affiliated with "TransUnion" I am shocked at practices being enacted on the TrueCredit website:

1) There is no account cancellation link ANYWHERE in the website (when you're logged in.
    2) There is no account cancellation info on the "Frequently Asked Questions" page
    3) The "Contact Us" link is buried under several pages, and finding it took some time. Websites & companies with GOOD PRACTICES will put a "Contact" link/button in a main navigation bar and/or at the bottom of every web page. NOT TrueCredit.com. They purposely hide the Contact link under several pages making people work to try to find a contact phone #.
    4) I called the phone # to cancel, and admit I felt uncomfortable giving a lady that I could barely understand my full social security number. I grew very frustrated as I could not understand what the heck she was saying mostly. But she did say that my account was cancelled "immediately", but it was not. I called back an hour later and spoke to another rep (also foreign, but could understand him a little better). He apologized and said he would "file a complaint" on my behalf (yeah right) and cancelled my account. I asked him why I didn't receive a confirmation email and he said "it would take 24-48 hours to receive notification that the account was cancelled today. 1-2 days? So then my 7 day trial will be up and my card will probably be charged still. Wonderful.

5) Your credit card information STAYS on the website, even after “cancelling” your account. Customer service rep said that there is “no way" to delete my information, but assured me that my account was still "cancelled".

Fortunately I read a tip somewhere that someone updated their credit card info with a cancelled debit card they still had. Fortunately, I had a cancelled credit card on hand and quickly updated my TrueCredit account with the old CC info. So if they DO try to charge me, it won't go through.

What a friggin pain. And they're associated with TransUnion??? TRUE CREDIT IS AWEFUL!!!

• Br
    Brittles Jul 27, 2011

I called on 6-26 to inquire why I was charged $14.95 within 2 weeks. When the representative informed me they only showed one charge on their side ( my bank statement clearly shows 2) and that I would have to get a certified letter from the bank showing that I had indeed got charged twice in order to receive a refund. After going in circles with her, I decided just to cancel my membership. The lady did so without hesitation and I thought it was settled. WELL, tonight I see they have taken $14.95 from my bank account again! When I called, the rep said that he could see I wanted my account cancelled, but the rep did not initiate it. And in order to receive a refund I have to talk with my bank. WTH?! This place needs to be sued, they are SCAMMERS!!

• Ra
    razmanugget Jul 23, 2011

I just signed up for the free report 2 days ago and immediately tried to cancel the service to avoid the $14.95 monthly fee. Well, the numbers I have are bogus. Both [protected] and [protected] are never answered. I've called over 30 times and after 2 minutes, each call is disconnected. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB and have sent multiple emails. What a waste of my time.

If you have another number to reach them, please post it here. In the meantime, I swear Transunion / Truecredit is a complete SCAM. Don't trust them for anything.

rami

• Du
    DustinEbey Jun 21, 2011

Anybody commenting on this please leave a way to get in touch if you are interested in doing a class action for any reason.
    I wanted to check my credit score yesterday so I did the trial looked at my TransUnion score then I called to cancel before they could start billing. What I noticed this morning is that I had spam in the E-mail that I used for to sign up for it. Not unusual unless you account that I had zero spam before then and all contents were credit related. I'm pissed but as far as the topic's issue. Everybody start putting your names together. I have an email that I use as a filter for spam. If every body puts their name E-mail and # with the subjet as "TransCredit Scam Contact" (exactly as this, don't misspell) I'll apply a subject filter so that when when it gets to about 100 or so. I'll forward it off to an some attourneys who would be interested in seeing some justice done and get y'all (maybe me too, idk yet) some of your money back.
    My E-mail is [email protected]
    As I said it will be a filter so if you don't have the subject exactly as "TransCredit Scam Contact" Your name won't be in the group.
    I honestly hope that there aren't enough people that this kind of thing happens too but if it is, I don't think we should just stand by and let them force us to play by the rules they make.
    Thanks,
    Dustin

• Sc
    schoun87 Apr 29, 2011

I recently got abused. How do you get out of this situation? Any suggestion? Help. I am barely making ends meet...

• St
    Steve In York Apr 17, 2011

I found a way by accident to cancel. Change the credit card it's being billed to. My original card was lost and the card company had to issue me a new card with a new number. The old card was de-activated and no longer could be charged. When the creditor tried using the account, they were rejected. They now send me occasional emails to get me back. O well. I get a free credit report from Life-lock and they let me know if anything unusual pops up and it costs less.

• Co
    Corri Mar 11, 2011

I just realized that I, too, am a victim of this. It breaks my heart because I've had an account with them since 2006! Then they changed it, making it so you have to pay the $14.95 per month now to see your info? They keep trying to charge me, and now they won't let me see the information I paid for on there. I am sooooo disappointed! I used to really love that I could order one or two or three reports. :( So sad about this!

• Je
    JesseJoe Feb 07, 2011

I got an email yesterday saying my payment didn't go through. Well this was a surprise given I canceled about 7 months ago. So I called them and asked them when I had canceled. First she said July 12th 2010. Then she quickly corrected herself and said "oh no I mean 2/6/11 (yesterday). So I asked, what happened on July 12th 2010 then? She said on that day I had tried to cancel. I asked why it hadn't happened then as I remember canceling the same day I signed up. She said that after they explained their services I decided not to. this is untrue. I proceeded to cancel. Either way I was not canceled and was billed for many months after. Hopefully this time they have canceled but we will see.

• Be
    Bellavickie Jan 12, 2011

We are having an issue with them right now!! We just called to cancel, and it took forty five minutes to cancel the subscription, and get this, the lady answered, said her name was Lindsay (she wasnt a lindsay believe me), and she frustrated me so much that my husband took the phone and told him her name was Wendy!!! My big complaint about them is that they DO NOT always update your credit score, yet when you complain to them they tell you that the credit score is correct AND IT'S NOT!!! Our mortgage guy ran our credit and there was a 53 point difference (higher through mortgage company!!). I called, complained, and they tried telling me my mortgage guy was wrong!!! UNBELIEVABLE.. so just to make it worst, I then purchased my credit report directly from transunion (who told me they are not even affiliated with true credit), and again my score was 53 points higher than what true credit has been telling me for the last three months!! UNREAL!!!

• Ro
    Ron Geiswite Dec 19, 2010

We are having the same problem. We have requested "MANY" times to "CANCEL" the truecredit monthly reports However; they continue to bill our account each month. Every month we call in and tell them we canceled. Our charge card companies tries to stop this theft each time we call in however; someone needs to stop this company who is able to make millions illegally as they take advantage of people's charge cards.

• Do
    dougl92 Dec 17, 2010

I did a 14 day trial credit report. I made sure to cancel, because had this problem with them before

• Am
    Amnon Avidor Feb 06, 2010

I am also a victim of this scam. They hung up on me countless times. Calling and pressing 2 or saying 2 didn't get me anywhere... they have NO EMAIL (can you believe that?!) for comments or complaints or questions... this is truly a scam. How can this be allowed to continue? Isn't there someone/something that can put an end to these scammers?

And no, my agent(s) didn't speak English very well, in fact.. it sounded like they were a bunch of inmates working the phones at the State Penitentiary. No supervisors, no management.. and scammed me with the "30 days" too.

Maybe Oprah could help? Hey, she got Obama elected. :)

AA

• Gr
    GrannyO Oct 17, 2009

You can't cancel. Try it. I canceled in May '09 and have all of my confirmation numbers, names of the people I spoke to and a general conversation about what we spoke about. I canceled again, got another confirmation number. My credit card is still being tapped by these apparent crooks and the only alternative is to file a complaint with the attorney general as well as the BBB and anyone else that you can think of. Does anyone know where our calls go to? I haven't found anyone that speaks or understands English very well. DO NOT OFFER YOUR SSN TO THEM, make sure to use your account number only and PLEASE, always get a name and a confirmation number, make a note of everything on your computer. We all may have to participate in a class action lawsuit and you will need proof that you canceled on a certain day in order to try and recoup the stolen money from your account. FTR, this "service" isn't worth spit. The info is old, seldom updated and you can get a free report once a year from Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian. Also if you try to dispute something on your credit report, snail-mail is the best way to go.

• Mi
    MissHarvington Oct 14, 2009

Absolute FRAUD. I'm completely disgusted after just getting off the phone with True Credit. After five unauthorized charges, I was told I could only be refunded two months (as a courtesy?) No specific manager or supervisor to speak to because at True Credit's west coast call center "everyone is a supervisor". How convenient for me, the consumer, right? WRONG. I was only given an address to mail a complaint

100 Cross Street
    Suite 202 San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
    attn: Management

Management? Really? Now I'm chock full of confidence.

I was able to cancel my account...so I was told. One of the monthly refunds should come by mail within 1-2 billing cycles (1-2 months?) and the second would be refunded back to my bank card, which has since been canceled. So I asked my soulless, blood-thirsty operator 'Jeannette' how they would go about handling refunds on accounts that have been closed. "Go call your bank and figure it out w/ them", says Jeannette. And this is where I take a long, deep breath and thank the good lord that I am here, on the East coast and my buddy, Jeannette, is far far away.

Oh, did I mention I was hung-up on?
    This all started so innocently. I'm trying to manage my credit and get my student loans in order. I signed up for a free trial. I was unaware I would be charged after 30 days. Is this my fault? Did I misread the fine print? Is True Credit's offer EXTREMELY MISLEADING?

It's important for me to take further action. Yes, I'm probably out $45.00, but it's still important to get the word out and prevent this from happening to anyone else. I am off to contact the Better Business Bureau and perhaps my Attorney General. This thing has legs...and it's running!

• Ob
    obnesence Sep 28, 2009

Yes, it is a SCAM. i haven't been able to cancel. I call their 1 800 number and they prompt me to press or say 2 to cancel service. Well, I say and say 2 but nothing happens. except it disconnects me I call back 3 more times, all with the same result. This comapny is nothing more than a fraudster.