Tribute MastercardAccount closure

To all Tribute MasterCard holders who were unjustly cut off. There is only one recourse. If you have an outstanding balance, let them eat it. That's what I'm going to do and if all the thousands of good customers who were screwed by this arbitrary decision do the same, then they will lose millions of dollars. First Bank of Delaware is already in serious trouble and this will only hasten their demise. Yes, we will take a hit on our credit ratings, but believe me, there are worse things in life considering the current economic climate which is going to leave many of us bruised anyway. Screw Tribute MasterCard. They screwed us.

• If
    ifmdr Aug 20, 2010

Same here, we paid $600.00 on a $800.00 balance with a credit limit of $1000.00 while in Las Vegas ready to pay for our room it was declined. Not only was this embarrassing the cc company did not have much to offer to ratify this. Unfortunately, we cannot let them eat it, we are still paying on the balance and it is now down to $300.00 because of charges. This is VERY upsetting, my husbands fico scored and past due because we did not pay it immediately because we were upset caused us to be denied for a home loan. We have children and taking care of them with a roof over their head is much more important than not paying a credit card company that was mad. Any suggestions how to remove them from our credit report will be appreciated. Thx

• Pe
    PeedOffInPa Jun 09, 2010

Hey I am having an issue with Trubute MasterCard. I had a good history with them until a few months ago. They had the wrong address so I never received a statement so I didnt mail in a payment and their website was down for maintenance. I told them this when they called. So they were supposed to take 88.00 out of my account to make up for the missed payments that didn't happen because they had the wrong routing number and I got charged because the payment came back and I said how is that my fault. SO then one day the lady said that all i needed to pay was 52.00 so I did and then i keep being charged. I paid the 52 on the phone. I sent out a check but one day it wasn't where I had left it so I canceled the check not knowing if it was stolen or not and they received so got charged for that payment that got sent back. I have been getting all these charges and late fee charges. I keep telling them that I could not afford it that I do not work and that I only get SSI which is a set amount every month and I have a little one to take care of too. They sounded like they don't care. MY balance was 142.00 and I told them I couldn't afford to pay the whole thing. So i paid what i could afford to pay which was 60.00 dollars and got charged a late fee and now my balance is over 154.00 dollars. I sent an email complaining about this you should see what they wrote back. She goes you are late with 92.00 for 90 days which is bogus. So we can't waive the fee. I'm like what the heck you want me to do. I need to find someone to complain to about this. And then I see all these people complaining about the same credit card since the whole thing started when they canceled accounts. It surprised me. SO can you give me advice on what to do please???

• Tr
    tribute is a big scam Oct 24, 2009

I agree! This credit card was a scam. I made my payments on time (AND over the minimum). They are doing the same thing to everyone. They wait until you have made a payment, close your account and when you call they give the same story. It was a management decision. Good luck management on trying to get money out of everyone now!!

• Ke
    Keyarta Thompson Oct 02, 2009

I Think that they is as dirty as can be they first sent me a card that was expired and had me looking like a dummy at the register when it was denied. Then turn around and cut me off had me looking like a dummy again at the register . I had a high balance now I should not pay them anything.

• Rm
    rmt426 Oct 01, 2009

I agree. Last month I tried to make a payment & it wasn't credited, I called and got the run around. I the called my bank that said they made the payment, it wasn't accepted by Tribute! They pulled the money back. 2 days later I got the letter. Well not only did they shut my credit down, they refused payment & I have it in writing from my bank...
    Let's see if they try to collect!

Marjory Sep 16, 2009

Hell Ya that is what I am doing! They can eat it all! I didnt owe much and was in the process of paying it off when i was cut off. I had no letter of warning that they claim to have sent. When I called they told me that they are no longer gauruteeing credit cards and i told them that i could no longer guarantee them a payment!

• Ct
    ctlarry Sep 14, 2009

This is outrageous. I found out the same way some of you did! I just made a payment to them on Friday! My credit limit had been raised to $1, 000.

I have registered a complaint with the Atlanta BBB and the FTC. I urge you all to do the same. Something will give...

• Ct
    ctlarry Sep 14, 2009

I have complained to the Atlanta BBB and the FTC...Do the same. He have all been taken to the bank...literally.

• Is
    IsaacCarney Sep 13, 2009

If I had not gone on line this evening I would have not know my card had been closed. I called them and they want to read from a script and not listen to what the custoimer has to say. SCREW this company. More than likely they got a bail out and are still failing because they don not know how to handle their business correctly. I am waiting on a call from a manager which I have been told that iut will be 3 business days for a reply. Good luck on this happening.

• 01
    01Paul10 Sep 13, 2009

Amen! They could have at least let us card memeber a heads up so that we could have transfered or gotten a personal loan locally to pay off the balance; now my credit report will read zero credit, and have a balance, along with Account closed by Grantor.