TicketNetwork DirectBad Company

I googled Andrea Bolleci to buy his concert tickets. TickNetwork came up on top of google's list. I purchased two tickets whose prices on TickNetwork's website were listed as $160/pc. With $61 for handling and $19 for shipping, I paid total amount of 400 dollars for two tickets.

The tickets arrived and the ticket price on each ticket was only $75 each! I called the company and asked why they had charged my $160 per ticket when they were $75 dollar tickets. I also asked them why they did not put the real value of ticket on their website. They told me that this is the way they conduct business. I told them I was going to report the to the BBB . They told me go ahead... I guess they don't care at all. I then asked to return the tickets and get a refund. They told me that all sales are final and can not be returned.

On their website, Tikcetnetwork announce their ticket selling revenue has reached 1 billion. I wonder how many consumers like me in this country were scammed and lied by this company. If they mark up over 100% on each ticket, then it means at least half billion dollars were scammed from consumers like me.

• Mu
    Music Lover Oct 25, 2009

Have you ever asked a car dealership how much the actual face value of your is? Have you ever asked Walmart's really how much those pair of sneakers you are wearing cost them or The Christmas Tree Shop? Have you asked you local jeweler how much that ring "really" cost to make or have you ever asked a funeral directly just how much that mark up on that funeral truly was? Go ahead and ask, you may be very surprised...and have you ever considered that just once, maybe no one forced you to buy an above face value ticket to begin with. You agreed to the price before placing the "click order" button. If you really want to complain to someone, try complaining to the venue who originally sold out their tickets presales months ahead to guarantee that their seats were sold out. If there's a loss, they will not take it...the seller will. Make it so that only venues and venues alone can sell their tickets. But at the same time make sure that all those 3rd world countries are getting the fair price for their products as well. When you get a deal from some poor, abused child "working" in one of these countries, you hold your head up high with pride. When you find out you paid even 1 penny above the true cost, you ready to blow your top. I mean really, think about it...

• Ti
    Ticket Police Dec 02, 2009

I agree with music lover. You knew the $61 for handling and $19 for shipping charge before you checked out. You obviously knew that the tickets were sold out and thats why you were searching to buy them throght a 3rd party provider. They can charge whatever they like, When an event date is close and they have extra tickets, you can conversely get tickets BELOW face value. I always do. Live and learn but don't complain when you put the pipe to your mouth, lit it and then smoked it and inhaled too!

• TicketNetwork Nov 26, 2010

I am an employee from TicketNetwork responding to the commentary above. We're very sorry to hear that the customer was disappointed with the price she paid for her tickets. Perhaps it would help if I explained how ticket pricing works and why the customer paid what she did.

To start with, we at TicketNetwork are simply a network through which licensed companies resell tickets to events. This means we don't actually own, price, nor ship the tickets you see listed for sale on our website. All that responsibility is in the hands of individual ticket sellers who list tickets through us. Typically, these sellers price tickets based on their perception of the event’s popularity. As a result, the prices of tickets sold through our website are usually either above or below their face value. This fact is mentioned (and bolded) in our Terms and Policies and also advertised above every ticket listing on our website.

Having said that, the basic purpose of the resale market is to keep tickets on the market longer than they'd normally be available. The added markup on the tickets is what prevents tickets from being bought up too quickly and thus what keeps them accessible even a few weeks before the event. So, basically, the seller from whom you purchased is charging a convenience fee for accessing the tickets. It's rather like how Macy's or Stop-in-Shop marks up product prices by making it more convenient for people to access other company's shoes and other company's milk. (Plus it's also true that ticket sellers can incur numerous expenses accessing popular event tickets, such as added delivery fees, service fees, fan club memberships, and even ticket mark-ups, if they purchase from another reseller, rather than from the venue directly.)

Once again, though, we're sorry to hear about the customer's unhappiness, but we at TicketNetwork neither price event tickets, nor do we promise to advertise their face value. It's furthermore true that almost every product any consumer buys nowadays is being resold after having been channeled through numerous sources. Mark-ups are added to the price of every item you and I buy (with the only -- odd -- difference being that tickets still have the original face value advertised).

As for TicketNetwork, our major purpose is to increase the convenience and security of ticket-buying by allowing consumers to find a great selection of popular tickets in one place. It's also true that we have security mechanisms in place to make sure that every ticket sale is legitimate and that our customers get the best service. We furthermore pride ourselves in offering ticket sellers a sleek point-of-sale software that cuts down on business expenses and provides low ticket resale prices.

• Ti
    timkingston Nov 28, 2010

what expenses would that be ? ... having a website that gets more google searches than the actual venue or theater
    what most ticket resellers do - is buy tickets from the venue at regular price -- only have they have a poor customer find their website, instead of the real website -- they list all the show, dates, times they can -- and if someone happens to buy tickets for them - they go and buy them -- and if they can't - they simple cancel the order -- so there is no loss to them... they can be in Texas and sell you tickets in Canada ... they are crooks plain and simple
    years ago it was called bait and switch -- they advertise one thing .. and switch with something else ...

• Te
    Teah01 Dec 22, 2010

I totally agee with the first review that this company is as far from helpful as one can get. We had our flights cancelled, in fact the whole country was closed down due to weather, and we were told to get the vendor to call the theatre and request a refund or exchange. The agents that we dealt with at this company were rude and totally inflexible. I had asked to speak with a manager and they never called us back. They were not willing to do ANYTHING to be of help. We were not asking them to refund but to merely make a call. I will NEVER go though this company again!!!

• Maybe if your girlfriend wasn't a [censored], she wouldn't have gotten the tickets in the first place?