Thefoamfactory.comI will never purchase here again and will tell anyone that asks to do the same

N

I ordered all of the foam from The Foam Factory to make my new mattress on January 8, 2011. The order came in with in a couple of weeks. I weighed all of the foam to check the density. The 4.5lb and 5.5lb memory foam were way off. They weighed almost half of what they should have. I contacted customer service and spoke with Karen. They sent a call tag to pick up the order on 1/20/11. I shipped it back. They sent me the new 5.5lb foam. It took them 2-3 weeks to get it to me. They were waiting on a new order of 4.5lb foam hoping it was the correct density. Finally on 3/17/11 I spoke with Karen again and ask her to just send me what they had because it was going to me at least another 3 weeks before the new foam was in. I called back on 3/24/11 to get the tracking number because I had not received my package. Karen told me the order had not shipped, she didn't know why but it was going out tomorrow. I asked her if they would pay for overnight shipping since it had not shipped as promised. She promptly said "No, we don't do that". She said they would not pay for expedited shipping even though I had been more than patient and they had screwed up multiple times. She said she would have her manager call me back. The manager never called. I called the following day and guess what, they had shipped my foam regular ground with no phone call from anyone. It appears they avoided calling me and just shipped the package with no regard for the situation. I asked for the manager again and he would not come to the phone. I can't believe as a company that they do not check their product to make sure it meets the specifications they are advertising. Isn't that false advertising? Isn't that illegal? Customer service is a joke. Their prices are good as long as you are getting what you paid for. Buyer's beware!!! I will never purchase here again and will tell anyone that asks to do the same. What happened to customer service and caring about the people who keep you in business?

Not a retailer Feb 08, 2012

Sorry but if you are going to SPAM complaints all over the net, please have a valid issue to discuss. 4.5 lb density has to do with the manufacturing process and the amount of raw material (4.5 lbs per square foot) that is used to create the foam mattress. It does not reflect the weight of the mattress itself.