Having problems with The Wet Seal?

The Wet Seal Customer Service Contacts

Thu7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Fri7:00 AM - 5:00 PM
SatClosed
SunClosed

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The Wet Seal Customer Service. Initial The Wet Seal complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The Wet Seal above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The Wet Seal. Discuss the issues you have had with The Wet Seal and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Complaints & Reviews

Wet Seal — Bad Business Practices-Refund Policy

Like others expressing their horror stories about the company, I too had a very bad experience at Wet Seal...

Wet Seal — Money scam

I purchased a coat with CASH at Wet Seal to give to my daughter for Christmas. After getting it home we...

Wet Seal — Return Policy, no exception for damaged mercahnidise

I have to post a complaint about this company, because I promised them that I would. I purchased a coat from...

Wet Seal — The Staff

I went to the wetseal store on a wedsday night. When I walked in there were 3 girls working doing thing...

wetseal — BEWARE OF NEW RETURN/EXCHANGE POLICY

I was a big fan of WetSeal, and would spend up to &175.00 a month in merchandise from them until I made my...

wetsealreturn policy

I bought two bras at this store for my daughter and they did not fit right so a few days later with the tags still on and in the bag I brought the items along with my receipt and attempted to return them and have the items credited to my account. I was told they did not refund bras and that it was written on the bottom of the receipt which it's not. Then the next manager I spoke with said I should have been told when checking out about the return policy which I was not told. There are NO signs in the stating anything about this policy and still they could do nothing and I"m just out this money. I was willing to accept any type of exchange to no avail I was given the 1 -8000 corporate office # which is just a bunch of recordings after a 25 min. wait of loud music only to be told to leave a message. So I called again asked the person working the front desk for a number of anyone working the customer complaint dept. and I was told she was not allowed to give out that type of information so what does that tell a person! This in no way is customer service!!!Trust Me I'll keep trying to resolve this problem ...

• Dr
      drwhovian Sep 09, 2008

I don't know what state you are in, but in New York, state health code bars stores from accepting bra and pantie returns, due to health regulations--this may also apply to swimwear, but I'm not sure about that, as I never sold swimwear--but I had a flea market stall for about four or five years, and one year bought a box at auction, that contained new bras and ladies underwear, and found out that I could not accept returns, once the purchaser tried them on, as it was against the law to re-sell them.

Your state may have a similar health code policy and the shop may only be following the law. Chances are the clerk may not have known WHY they can't accept the items back, but the manager should have told you.

• Ni
      Nina Sep 24, 2008

i buy all my apparel off Shopyop
      go to http://www.shopyop.com
      and OMG there they are for ANY occasion.

• Sc
      Scott Sep 30, 2008

Worse return policy I've ever seen. No refunds or credit back to credit cards. Exchange or store credit only. I bought my daughter a long sleeve shirt. She took off the tag and put the shirt on before going to school when she noticed one sleeve was about 4 inches shorter that the other. She takes the shirt off and changes clothes. We cannot find the tag now but have the receipt. I cannot exchange an obviously defective shirt because of the tag missing. I must call corporate office. 4 days later and I've still haven't talked to anyone that can help me. My last options coming up are filing a complaint with the BBB or filing a dispute on my VISA for defective merchandise.

Their return policy is not stated anywhere except on the receipt after you purchase. Talk about deceptive practices!

• Li
      Lindsay Waters Nov 13, 2008

Are you serious? Honestly, how many stores really take back lingerie items? I work at a Wet Seal store and it is CLEARLY stated on the bottom of the reciept that the company does not exchange, refund, or issue credit memos on panties, swim wear, or lingerie. This was from a new return policy that was put into action the first week in August 2008. The reciepts are automatically printed with this. And you must keep in mind that these employees that work in these stores are only following company policy, because if we violate the policy, we could very well be terminated! And I will not lose my job over an irate customer. We have fitting rooms for a reason.

• Lo
      LOYALTY Sep 11, 2011

WETSEAL IN MAPLEWOOD, MN HAVE BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE THEY DONT GREET THERE CUSTOMER AND WHEN YOUR WONDERING AROUND LOOKING AT CLOTHES THEN THEY GONNA SAY MAY I HELP U FIND SOMETHING OR PROMOTE THERE SPECIAL GOING ON STUPID WORKER ESPECIALLY WHEN MANAGEMENT IS ON THE FLOOR TOO THEY DON'T EVEN ATTEMP TO TO GREET THERE CUSTOMER. ALL THEY DO IS WATCH YOUR EVERY MOVE LIKE A PREDATOR WAITING TO BE EATEN. WILL NOT SHOP HERE AGAIN RECKLESS CLOTHES AND OVER PRICED THERE SHIRT I CAN GET MORE SHIRT AT FORVER 21 WITH THE PRICE THEY PUT ON A SHIRT AT WETSEAL.

The Wet SealRude employees

So, I decided to buy three pairs of jeans off of Wet Seal's online store. I was extremely excited to receive the jeans. They arrived, and I opened the package to find that there were only two pairs of jeans. I wasn't charged for it, but I was a bit annoyed that I had been waiting a while to get the jeans. However, I tried on the other two I had ordered. They were a bit tight, and I decided I needed a size larger. I folded them up and put them back in the packaging.

A few days later, I went to a local mall to exchange my jeans. I walked into the store, asked if I could exchange my jeans for store credit (because I found they didn't have the jeans I had ordered) and the girl behind the counter said yes, and told me to look around to decide what I wanted to buy with the store credit.

I found a pair of jeans and two shirts that I wanted, and returned to the counter. The girl who had been previously waiting on me was gone, and another one took her place. I walked up and gave her the jeans I was exchanging. She gave me a few dirty looks, but I'm used to it, being constantly judged, because I'm a teenager. She was ringing up one of the pairs of jeans I was returning and she ripped the tag off. I figured this was just the procedure or something, as I had never bought from the store before.

She then proceeded to ring up the other pair of jeans, and then noticed that the tag was missing on the first pair of jeans. I told her she had ripped the tag off, and there definitely was a tag on the jeans. She then denied the fact that there was a tag, insisting she hadn't scanned the jeans in yet. My friend and I both told her that she had in fact scanned the jeans in.

She looked at the floor and found the tag. I breathed a sigh of relief, figuring she would realize that SHE had been the one who had ripped the tag off. However, she proceeded to tell me, in an incredibly rude tone, that I must have done something to the tag, and therefore I had worn the jeans. I told her that maybe the tag was loose and came off when she had pulled on it, and she just kept denying it and accusing me of wearing the jeans and then returning them. I obviously hadn't worn them because the jeans did NOT fit. She told me the jeans were wrinkled, and I explained that that was because they were folded in the bag. She wouldn't have it, though. She shoved the jeans at me and gave me a very sarcastic 'Sorry' and gave me my other exchange and then called the next customer. Needless to say, I will not be shopping there ever again.

mary75 Sep 19, 2008

wet seal is the worst store, rude people work for them. the quality is terrible too. they are butchers with brutal killing of animals.

mary75 Sep 19, 2008

• Le
        lena Oct 12, 2008

I bought a pair of jeans at the Wetseal in Corpus Christi TX at the La Palmera Mall. I admit I was in a big hurry and didnt bother to try them on because i had never had problems with that store in my life. Well the clerk rang up the jeans and I had left. I went home after a long day to try them on and they did not fit me at all. So i kept the receipt and never tore the tag off. The next day i go to return the jeans because i could not find anything that fit me in the store, so i tried to return them. The clerks were being very RUDE to mee and told me i could not get my money back because the return policy had changed. I read over my reciept and there was nothing stating about a new return policy so i told the clerk to show me where its at. Instead of helping me look over the receipt very rudly she said " UGH! ITS IN THE BACK OF YOUR RECIEPT!!" I turned the reciept over and it was blank and i told her. I told her "since its not on my reciept can i go ahead and return them?" She told me NO! that i have to follow the new RETURN POLICY because its on the new reciepts. My reciept was only a day old and none of the clerks told me that it was going to change within a day i even asked when I purchased the pants "If they do not workout can I return them?..the girls answer was Yes! I would of thought they would of still honored it because i had no clue it was going to change and nothing about the new policy was on my reciept . I will never shop at Wetseal again. Very ridiculous return policy and very rude people!!

Wet Seal — You pay for a discount card and they send you an expired one and then ignore you.

On May 1st I placed an order with WetSeal.com for several tops and items. I was offered a "Seal Deal" card at...