The Salvation Army USAfurniture donation

N Apr 12, 2019 Review updated:

I had called The Salvation Army to donate a practically new couch and made an appointment after submitting a picture. Two guys came out and looked at my couch and decided they didn't want to take it because there was a little cat hair on it (and I mean very little). This couch was only seven years old and in fabulous condition. You people are supposed to be helping underprivileged families and you turn down a couch because of a little cat hair? I actually think these two light-weight guys didn't want to do the work of carrying the couch out of my house. Everybody I talk to has the same story about The Salvation Army, that they're really getting ridiculous. I hardly think an underprivileged family would have turned down this couch because of a little bit of cat hair. When I called to complain, I was told "some people are allergic to cats." This is true, but there are also a lot of people that are not allergic. Every Christmas time, you people have your hand out looking for donations, but when someone tries to do good during the year, you turn your nose up. I ended up hiring a junk removal company that will be donating my very fine couch to Habitat for Humanity. I no longer will donate to The Salvation Army after this absurd experience. Your request for money next Christmas will fall on deaf ears.