The New York Timesconsistent non-delivery

S

Isn't it amazing: that the great, venerated, heralded, exalted new york times manages to deliver saturday/sunday editions to its 7-day-a-week subscribers — but not to it's weekenders only?

For weeks, my newspaper on saturday/sunday has not been delivered. I have had to call to get replacement delivery. Half of the time, the replacement is never delivered. But: my immediate neighbors who are 7-dayers get their papers like clockwork.

Each week that I call, I get one of the following recorded excuses:
A) the paper is delayed due to weather (always when it is dry and sunny).
B) the carrier is en route. They never are.
C) the carrier is delayed (duh...!)
D) the carrier is "experiencing car trouble".

But today's took the cake:

'you will not be receiving delivery of your newspaper due to production difficulties. Your complaint is noted "But: these same" production difficulties" did not bar my 7-dayer neighbors from getting their papers!

I wa spromised re-delivery by 12:30.

Of course, as usual, it did not happen.

I called for a credit after spending $2.00 to buy the paper. I was given $1.32 in credit.

When I call, I either get your usual illiterate, cookaracha/bongo type of phone monkeys, or someone articulate but both blatantly dishonest and nasty.

We need to put a stop to this.

• Ro
    Robert Bloom Sep 15, 2018

This HAS TO STOP !------------Every single time I contact you people, there is ALWAYS a recording that says"there is a delay on my route" Have been with you 7 days a week for 40 yrs-----------------NOTHING ever gets done to correct this-----------------------The end is VERY, Very near-------------------NOBODY seems to care & neither will I very shortly---------------------Thank you

• Cr
    Craig Johns May 23, 2017

No paper for the last five delivery days. I've called. I've submitted a complaint online. They simply seem to be unable to fix the problem.

• Ra
    Radster May 12, 2014

Easy to get into impossible to get out, wait ten minutes for operator, they take email address then put you on permanent hold.
    Unprofessional. I would never subscribe or buy their product again.

• Mi
    Mitch Lieberman Jan 06, 2014

If you ever intend on cancellation your subscription be prepared. You cannot do it online, even as a registered user with a fully accessible account that allows you to do absolutely everything else. You must call, be transferred twice, then wait fifteen minutes. A terrible paper right up to the bitter end.