The New York Times Logo

The New York Times

Having problems with The New York Times?

The New York Times Customer Service Contacts

800 4448 7827 (European Countries)
1803 852 8955 (Indonesia)
1800 181 007 (Malaysia)
1800 1110 0556 (Philippines)
1800 2388 2388 (Thailand)
+1 800 698 4637 (USA & Canada)
+44 800 895 965 (United Kingdom)
+43 800 298 120 (Austria)
+420 80 022 703 (Luxembourg)
+31 800 022 5158 (Netherlands)
+852 29 221 171 (Hong Kong)
+65 800 852 3670 (Singapore)
+82 15 770 510 (South Korea)
620 Eighth Avenue, 9th floor
New York, New York

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with The New York Times Customer Service. Initial The New York Times complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for The New York Times above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about The New York Times. Discuss the issues you have had with The New York Times and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

The New York Times Complaints & Reviews

The New York TimesDelivery and Customer Service

Started subscribing to the Fri-Sun paper on 11/7/20, but never received it. Have called and emailed multiple times and have been told it's being escalated and would receive a call back. I've never received a call. Finally called to cancel on 1/13/21 and requested refund for the $76.80 charged over the 3 months. Still haven't received credit and called today to be told I was approved for a refund of $20+ dollars and that this was the discretion of the billing department. Asked to speak with another supervisor and was denied. Asked to have an email explaining all charges and credits and was denied. Told they would escalate but I may not receive a call back if that supervisor doesn't think it's necessary. I paid $76.80 for a paper I never received, have spent hours trying to fix it and was have experienced genuinely the worst customer service of my life. I have never even considered filing reports to the BBB or a forum like this until this experience. This is absolutely fraudulent and unacceptable.

The New York TimesHome delivery

Delivery to apartments at 610 W.110th St, NY, NY 10025 was suspended during Covid containment period and NYT papers were delivered to the lobby. This rule has been lifted and the NY Times delivery person was asked by the doorman to deliver the papers to the individual apartments. The deliveryperson refused to comply and left the papers in the lobby. I pay for the delivery to my door and I expect to find the paper outside of my door at the time it's supposed to be delivered and I shouldn't have to go down to the lobby to get my paper.

Either deliver the paper to my door or cancel my home delivery subscription effective immediately. Thank you.

Lea Liu
    610 W. 110th St, Apt 4E. NY NY 10025.

The New York TimesYour proofing is terrible!

Please rehire your proofreaders! Just one bonehead example from your latest "breaking" headline:
      "States and localities are tapping the breaks..."

Good grief.

Neil Shepard

The New York TimesThe antisemitism which runs rampant on your pages.

• The Coronavirus Pandemic: Israel Is America's Friend in Deed - Dr. Frank Musmar
        The Israeli drug giant Teva has announced that 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine will be delivered to U.S. hospitals by March 31. Teva indicated that it will do everything possible to accelerate production of hydroxychloroquine and also conduct research to see if, in its vast catalog of 3, 500 drugs, others can be used to fight coronavirus. Another Israeli drug cited as possibly helpful is remdesivir, an experimental antiviral from Gilead Sciences. The writer is a financial and performance management specialist and a non-resident associate at the BESA Center. (Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies-Bar-Ilan University)

But you slander Israel every chance you get and protect Palestinians, who murder as a matter of their culture. You complained about Palestinian curfew when it was needed to stop the Palestinians from killing Israelis.
        Retractions on back pages do not make up for the evil you perpetrate.

Feb 10, 2020

The New York Times — Deceptive marketing practices, terrible customer support

I signed up to get Sunday delivery of the New York Times as a Christmas present for my stepfather in December...

The New York Times CompanySunday jan 12, 2020 paper delivery

I received my Sunday paper, but it was missing my Travel, Arts & Leisure and Book Review sections. Cathy in North Carolina took my complaint and promised me they would be delivered by 2 p.m. I left the house and 1. When I returned last night, nothing was delivered. This morning I called and talked to an exceptionally unhelpful Elvin in your central Florida office. He could offer me only a credit. I do not want a credit. I want the sections shipped to me.

The New York Times Companylate paper delivery again

our paper, despite multiple complaints, continues to be delivered late at least once a week. Our address is: 2110 E. Hamlin st. Seattle WA 98112. Please tell the delivery person AGAIN that it is to be delivered by 5:30am on week days, 7:30am on weekends. We are off to work after 6:30am, so a late paper is of no use to us. Its now 6:45am, Friday, Jan 10, 2020, and again, no paper is here.

We love the Times. Just wish we could read it every day.

Jan Hurley, Greg Tuke

The New York Times Companyny times subscription rate increase

I subscribed at a fixed rate of $12.50 through July 2020. On 12/1 I was charged $12.63 without notification or explanation. On 12/2, I spent 53 minutes on the phone with Theresa who was unable to explain the 13 cent increase and said she would send a ticket to correct the issue which could take up to 72 hours. I have yet to hear back from anyone. This service is unacceptable.

The New York Times Companyprinting lies

when are you people going to bend over, push as hard as you can to fart and blow your heads outta your butts? The constant virtue signalling and lies your editors have been pushing for 4 years has made us STOP offering your propaganda stste news paper from ALL OUR STORES, your inability to hold your editors accountable for the lies they print is almost as disgusting as how your paper bends over backwards to accomadate their lies and complete the crap YOU PRINT DAILY, we will never allow your propaganda paper into our stores again and we will be lobbying and continue to lobby our COUNTRY to ban your propaganda publication permanently! You are your editorial board are doing this to yourselves and the sooner the New York Times is bankrupt and forced out of the news buisness the sooner this planet will be a much MUCH better place to live and watch/read news!

Nov 05, 2019

The New York Times Company — lousy service from "customer care" via [protected]@nytimes.com

I'll not be renewing my subscription to the NYT. What follows is the email exchange that took place. Please...

The New York Times Companyadvertising on a paid subscription

I've had a subscription with NYT for several years through Apple App Store. All sections are littered with little annoying boxes, which for the most part I ignore. But I succumbed to one for a pair of Orthopaedic socks. The moment I paid for the item, my bank account was drained of $1349.00 AUD. I had to block my credit card and I've turned the matter over to the company's fraud department.
                  1. I don't want advertising on my paid subscription. How do I get rid of it without cancelling my subscription?
                  2. I don't have this problem with the Washington Post.

Pablo Albers
                  [protected]@me.com

The New York Times Companysubscription charge

Starting in May of this year I started receiving two subscription charges each month. When I contacted nytimes customer service concerning this, I was told that they could only see one charge and that I would have to contact my bank. When that didn't work I contacted nytimes customer service again and had a repetitive and tedious back and forth over email where their customer service basically stated that it wasn't their fault because they didn't see two charges. They have not offered to check my payment info once. I am currently a full time college student and work full time to make ends meet, and the customer service for this company demonstrates no compassion or care for the treatment of their customers.

Aug 01, 2019

The New York Times Company — no delivery of paper

I pay for home delivery of the New York Times newspaper but it is rarely delivered, especially on the...

The New York Times Companynyt password

This is at least the 3rd time I've complained that the Times won't let me use the password I set up. It won't accept it. Instead, I have to use Facebook when I read the paper at work. Why? I'm offended. For $15/month I should not have to use FB to keep reading the paper. Why set up a PW if it can't be used? Someone needs to get back to me. It's the only paper I have trouble with.

The New York Times Companytucker wilson, broadcast on white farmers being killed labelled deserved!!

I am utterly disgusted and ashamed of you, Tucker Wilson who is a totally arrogant uneducated human being (if you could call him that). how dare you!! broadcast that White farmers deserve to be killed? who are you? where do you come from?? you have NO idea what you are talking about. You should be ashamed of yourself! people are being killed and losing their loved ones and you Tucker Wilson, thinks that's ok?? you have offended MANY people! and I hope that you get an influx of complaints and is asked to loose your job. SHAME ON YOU TUCKER WILSON!!!
                        Date: 4 June 2019
                        Photo attached of this idiot and his pathetic comments

tucker wilson, broadcast on white farmers being killed labelled deserved!!

• Updated by Lee-Anne van Dyk · Jun 04, 2019

do note this WILL be shared on Facebook, Twitter any platform I can find!

The New York Times Companythe exact problem is that you have clue about the world and will print anything to sell your garbage misinformation

I'm not going to waste my time with semantics, the point is the same point i'm sure most people would agree and that is you will say anything to sell your [censored] to the world and it is a load of [censored].. totally made up rubbish from the imagination of people that are desperate to maintain some sort of control over the general populace, anyone that would pay to read this [censored] is truelly brain dead to the extent that there is no hope for them, there are simply to many examples to site of how wrong the inforamtion you provide is, the list is endless i'm sure, the awards you have won are as fake as the so called dribble you print, you dont have to respond you don't to do anything i'm sure you already know everything i have told you, don't think that becasue someone read one of your acticles some where that it gives you any power over them or even keeps you in the public eye here today gone tomorrow, have fun looking for grammatical errors i'm sure that will be your level of interest you bunch of [censored] millenial [censored]

The New York Times Companyconcern about cartoon in international edition that is clearly anti-semitic.

I am a weekly subscriber to The New York Times. In my opinion, It is not enough to apologize for mistaken judgment on printing it. What must the person responsible for its printing have thought would be accomplished by doing so? Apart from it's clearly not being accurate, what sentiment would have prompted such an anti-Semitic expression? Is this a reflection of the editorial policy or sentiments behind the opinion page of this paper? It reminds me of another time and another country where propaganda did not hesitate to be used to inflame the public.

Sheila Polishook
                            Teaneck, NJ

New York Times6 days in a row paper not delivered

Reyna our "nyt advocate" has communicated with us several times this week — but as of today 3/23/19
                              The news is that
                              Today is saturday today is the sixth day (6th) day in a row we have not received our new york times paper.

The news is that
                              Today is the sixth day (6th) day in a row we have not received our new york times paper. I feel like posting this 6 times but
                              (this was her last note to us on 3/21/19)
                              The new york times customer care (the new york times customer care)
                              Mar 21, 3:35 pm edt

Carol,
                              I will find out what is going on for you and we will get this taken care of for you. I appreciate you working with me on this and your patience (I get they are running out at this point)
                              Your nytimes advocate,
                              Reyna m.

The New York Times Company — notice I received about my not reading on line notices so service was dropped

I count on the 8 a.m. bulletins that greet me every morning. I may not often open them for reading- but I'm...

The New York Times Companyhome delivery 7 day — downtown brooklyn

If you could/would listen to your own complaint phone number you would be alternately laughing or crying
                                ...maybe both at the same time. When President Trump refers to the failing New York Times this is very
                                likely owing to the incompetent design of your entire customer complaint response.

Calling your 800 number is USELESS...a wasted and infuriating exercise .

Here we are Saturday morning September 22 at 11:30 a.m. and still no paper. Usually we have delivery by
                                10:00 a.m., which is in itself inexcusable. The delivery carrier blames you...and has a litany of reasons.

Non-delivery, delivery of half a paper, late delivery. I have just returned to the NYT after a cancellation.
                                Another may soon follow.