The New York Times

+65 800 852 3670(Singapore) 1 0
+82 15 770 510(South Korea) 1 0
+886 227 753 456(Taiwan) 1 0

Complaints & Reviews

the antisemitism which runs rampant on your pages.

• The Coronavirus Pandemic: Israel Is America's Friend in Deed - Dr. Frank Musmar
The Israeli drug giant Teva has announced that 6 million doses of hydroxychloroquine will be delivered to U.S. hospitals by March 31. Teva indicated that it will do everything possible to accelerate production of hydroxychloroquine and also conduct research to see if, in its vast catalog of 3, 500 drugs, others can be used to fight coronavirus. Another Israeli drug cited as possibly helpful is remdesivir, an experimental antiviral from Gilead Sciences. The writer is a financial and performance management specialist and a non-resident associate at the BESA Center. (Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies-Bar-Ilan University)

But you slander Israel every chance you get and protect Palestinians, who murder as a matter of their culture. You complained about Palestinian curfew when it was needed to stop the Palestinians from killing Israelis.
Retractions on back pages do not make up for the evil you perpetrate.

deceptive marketing practices, terrible customer support

I signed up to get Sunday delivery of the New York Times as a Christmas present for my stepfather in December of 2019. It was on an introductory rate of $1.66 every two weeks for 52 weeks. This "deal" also included multiple complimentary digital subscriptions. I opened a digital subscription and began enjoying receiving NYT news in anticipation of also receiving the Sunday paper at our home. The paper never arrived. When I checked the account, delivery had been suspended (with no explanation), as of the week I activated the subscription. I called customer care and after several tries got through to someone who said they would fix the issue. Lie. Several weeks went by and the paper was never delivered. Finally, I learned that the delivery was suspended because the NYT did not have a local delivery partner. I decided to keep the digital subscription part of the offer. Two months later, I am locked out of my digital news access and being "upsold" on a digital subcription. Instead of $1.66 every two weeks for the rest of the introductory period, the Times wants me to spend $2 every week for digital access only. I chatted with a rep who said that he fixed the problem. And my account worked for a day and then I was locked out again with a subscription upgrade demand. I chatted with several customer care reps and no one was even willing to admit that the company should have honored at least part of it's advertised subscription special. I kept getting upsold as if no one even read the chat transcript. I finally told them to cancel the digital subscription and stop billing my credit card. The New York Times should know that it's bad business not to deliver what you promise. Advertising home delivery to get people signed up for digital access and then upselling them before the end of the introductory period is deceptive and aggravating. I have plenty of free news apps on my phone: CNN, Fox, AP... why should I pay for a service that is expensive and doesn't deliver.

sunday jan 12, 2020 paper delivery

I received my Sunday paper, but it was missing my Travel, Arts & Leisure and Book Review sections. Cathy in North Carolina took my complaint and promised me they would be delivered by 2 p.m. I left the house and 1. When I returned last night, nothing was delivered. This morning I called and talked to an exceptionally unhelpful Elvin in your central Florida office. He could offer me only a credit. I do not want a credit. I want the sections shipped to me.

late paper delivery again

our paper, despite multiple complaints, continues to be delivered late at least once a week. Our address is: 2110 E. Hamlin st. Seattle WA 98112. Please tell the delivery person AGAIN that it is to be delivered by 5:30am on week days, 7:30am on weekends. We are off to work after 6:30am, so a late paper is of no use to us. Its now 6:45am, Friday, Jan 10, 2020, and again, no paper is here.

We love the Times. Just wish we could read it every day.

Jan Hurley, Greg Tuke

ny times subscription rate increase

I subscribed at a fixed rate of $12.50 through July 2020. On 12/1 I was charged $12.63 without notification or explanation. On 12/2, I spent 53 minutes on the phone with Theresa who was unable to explain the 13 cent increase and said she would send a ticket to correct the issue which could take up to 72 hours. I have yet to hear back from anyone. This service is unacceptable.

printing lies

when are you people going to bend over, push as hard as you can to fart and blow your heads outta your butts? The constant virtue signalling and lies your editors have been pushing for 4 years has made us STOP offering your propaganda stste news paper from ALL OUR STORES, your inability to hold your editors accountable for the lies they print is almost as disgusting as how your paper bends over backwards to accomadate their lies and complete the crap YOU PRINT DAILY, we will never allow your propaganda paper into our stores again and we will be lobbying and continue to lobby our COUNTRY to ban your propaganda publication permanently! You are your editorial board are doing this to yourselves and the sooner the New York Times is bankrupt and forced out of the news buisness the sooner this planet will be a much MUCH better place to live and watch/read news!

lousy service from "customer care" via [protected]@nytimes.com

I'll not be renewing my subscription to the NYT. What follows is the email exchange that took place. Please note that I never indicate that I want to cancel my subscription. I only plan to not renew it - a big difference - as I intended to use it until it ran out on December 22, 2019.

Non-renewal of subscription
Inbox
x

Tue, Oct 22, 3:47 PM
to help

Hello,

I have a subscription to the NYT that is scheduled to renew on December 22, 2019. I don't plan to renew as it's too expensive for me to continue. My name is Dwayne Stevenson and my subscription number is [protected].

As there is nothing in my NYT account settings that enables me to click "do not renew", I'd like my account to NOT renew as of December 22.

I intend to use my subscription until it runs out December 22.

Please let me know what else must be done to ensure that the subscription does not renew.

Many thanks,
Subscription #: [protected]

The New York Times Customer Care via zendesk.com
Tue, Oct 22, 2:46 PM

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (490894) has been received and is being reviewed by our support staff.

To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Oct 22, 2:46 PM EDT

This email is a service from The New York Times Customer Care.
[93865K-M87O]

Dwayne Stevenson
Thu, Oct 24, 9:31 AM (12 days ago)

On Oct 22, 2019, at 2:46 PM, The New York Times Customer Care wrote:

Juan C (The New York Times Customer Care) via zendesk.com
Thu, Oct 24, 9:41 AM (12 days ago)

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
Your request (490894) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

Juan C (The New York Times Customer Care)

Oct 24, 9:41 AM EDT

Hello, Dwayne

Thank you for contacting The New York Times! I am sorry to hear that you would like to cancel your New York Times subscription today. I was able to locate your account under the email [protected]@gmail.com and I would like to thank you for your support as a subscriber. It is through the support of subscribers like you, that allows us to continue to pursue the truth, as the truth is more important now than ever. I was able to see that you are currently on our regular rate of $220.00 every year for the All Access Subscription and I would be very happy to help you stay at a rate of just $3.13/week for 52 weeks and $6.25/week thereafter, no commitments!

By canceling this subscription, you'll be missing out on unlimited access to all our articles starting from 1851 until now among other benefits and free access to NYTimes Cooking and NYTimes Crosswords plus one bonus All Access subscription to give to anyone you'd like. That person will be able to enjoy the plan as well. Are you sure you would like to give up these features? If you would like to apply for this new promotional rate, do not hesitate to reach us back! If we do not hear from you within the next 7 days, we will go ahead and cancel your subscription.

As a reminder, you can always view/edit your account information online at myaccount.nytimes.com. If there is anything else we can do to help you, please chat with us at https://myaccount.nytimes.com/seg/cancel, text us at [protected] or call us at 1-800-NYTIMES [protected]) from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. Monday-Friday and 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday & Sunday (ET). Thank you for being the best part of The New York Times and have a fantastic day.

Best regards,

NYT Account Specialist

Oct 24, 9:31 AM EDT

Max Alphonse (The New York Times Customer Care) via zendesk.com
Mon, Nov 4, 4:27 PM (1 day ago)

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

Max Alphonse (The New York Times Customer Care)

Nov 4, 4:27 PM EST

Hello Dwayne.

I am sorry to hear about this inconvenience, the reason your subscription was cancelled was due to you sending us an email indicating you did not wish to continue your subscription's auto renewal, it should not have been cancelled though, and no worries, we will provide you with a promotional rate to your All Access subscription, it will be at $10.00 / 4 weeks for the next 52 weeks.

Due to us needing to send you a Secured Form, to reactivate your subscription directly with this promotional rate to that same email.

We will need you to contact us via chat or SMS messaging. Please chat with us at https://myaccount.nytimes.com/seg/cancel, text us at [protected]. And inform them of this email I have sent you.

Chat with you soon,

Your NYT Account Specialist.

Nov 4, 9:42 AM EST

Why has the NYT cancelled my subscription after I specifically indicated I intended to use it until its expiration date (December 22)?! I have more than a month left on my subscription! I merely requested information about how to keep my subscription from renewing automatically on that date.

Reinstate my subscription until December 22 or you will have guaranteed that I will never, ever again purchase a NYT subscription!

Sent from my iPad

Juan C (The New York Times Customer Care)

Oct 24, 9:41 AM EDT

Hello, Dwayne

Best regards,

NYT Account Specialist

Oct 24, 9:31 AM EDT

Oct 22, 2:46 PM EDT

Hello,

This email is a service from The New York Times Customer Care.
[93865K-M87O]

Dwayne Stevenson
Mon, Nov 4, 4:33 PM (1 day ago)
to The

I want what I'm OWED! I'm not paying another penny until the NYT completes my curent subscription. If you do not do that, then I will escalate this to the attention of someone who can.

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 4, 2019, at 4:27 PM, Max Alphonse (The New York Times Customer Care) wrote:

8:53 AM (9 hours ago)
to The

So you admit that my subscription should not have been cancelled, that it was the NYT at fault, but instead of reinstating it, you're content to leave it cancelled? But you're also expecting that I should pay for a new one when I still have nearly seven weeks of my subscription owed to me? WTF?! Is there actually anyone at the NYT who knows anything about customer service? Why have I not heard from that person?

hidequel gonzalez (The New York Times Customer Care) via zendesk.com
4:42 PM (1 hour ago)

##- Please type your reply above this line -##

hidequel gonzalez (The New York Times Customer Care)

Nov 5, 4:42 PM EST

Hello Dwayne!

Thank you for contacting us again. my name is Hidequel from the Account Management Team. I was able to locate your account under [protected]@gmail.com.

I have confirmed that your subscription was canceled due to no response within 7 days. I also see that you will receive a refund within 7-10 days for the unused portion of your subscription.

Nov 5, 8:53 AM EST

Nov 4, 4:33 PM EST

6:12 PM (1 minute ago)
to The

Hello Hidequel! I love the faux enthusiasm of your greeting! Like we're old friends! This is so great!

Oh, dear. I'm afraid I can't thank you for providing the minimum of what I'm owed, i.e., the value of the remaining time of my NYT subscription. That is the very least that should be done, is it not?

Oh well, tut tut. But I will thank you - as well as your team - for ensuring that I will never again subscribe to the NYT. Well done! Really, you people worked overtime it seems to snatch a crappy experience from the jaws of good customer service. And how was that done? By simply refusing to respond to my concerns! What was important, at least to "customer care, " was trying to shove an unwanted NYT renewal down my figurative throat!

Thank you, too, for uncovering the deep-seated and real reason for this entire spectacle de merde (almost like an investigative journalist!), i.e., that being that I didn't respond within seven days to an unsolicited, completely irrelevant offer from the NYT! That entire solicitation indicated that my original email was never read. And if read, not understood. Literacy is a minimal requirement at the NYT, is it not? And never mind that nowhere in my original email to [protected]@nytimes.com is the word cancel or cancellation of my subscription mentioned! Nor is there any indication that I wanted to renew - at any price! No! The NYT indicated cancellation of my subscription if I didn't respond in seven days! Wow! All because I wanted information about non-renewal of my subscription! How wonderfully convenient to blame me. Why not just tell me that I should never have sent an email to [protected]@nytimes.com seeking information? Because, you know, it's not like anyone reads them or anything!

With all due respect, H (Wow! It's almost like we're really friends!), take a hike!

Respectfully,
ds

advertising on a paid subscription

I've had a subscription with NYT for several years through Apple App Store. All sections are littered with little annoying boxes, which for the most part I ignore. But I succumbed to one for a pair of Orthopaedic socks. The moment I paid for the item, my bank account was drained of $1349.00 AUD. I had to block my credit card and I've turned the matter over to the company's fraud department.
1. I don't want advertising on my paid subscription. How do I get rid of it without cancelling my subscription?
2. I don't have this problem with the Washington Post.

Pablo Albers
[protected]@me.com

subscription charge

Starting in May of this year I started receiving two subscription charges each month. When I contacted nytimes customer service concerning this, I was told that they could only see one charge and that I would have to contact my bank. When that didn't work I contacted nytimes customer service again and had a repetitive and tedious back and forth over email where their customer service basically stated that it wasn't their fault because they didn't see two charges. They have not offered to check my payment info once. I am currently a full time college student and work full time to make ends meet, and the customer service for this company demonstrates no compassion or care for the treatment of their customers.

no delivery of paper

I pay for home delivery of the New York Times newspaper but it is rarely delivered, especially on the...

nyt password

This is at least the 3rd time I've complained that the Times won't let me use the password I set up. It won't accept it. Instead, I have to use Facebook when I read the paper at work. Why? I'm offended. For $15/month I should not have to use FB to keep reading the paper. Why set up a PW if it can't be used? Someone needs to get back to me. It's the only paper I have trouble with.

tucker wilson, broadcast on white farmers being killed labelled deserved!!

I am utterly disgusted and ashamed of you, Tucker Wilson who is a totally arrogant uneducated human being (if you could call him that). how dare you!! broadcast that White farmers deserve to be killed? who are you? where do you come from?? you have NO idea what you are talking about. You should be ashamed of yourself! people are being killed and losing their loved ones and you Tucker Wilson, thinks that's ok?? you have offended MANY people! and I hope that you get an influx of complaints and is asked to loose your job. SHAME ON YOU TUCKER WILSON!!!
Date: 4 June 2019
Photo attached of this idiot and his pathetic comments

tucker wilson, broadcast on white farmers being killed labelled deserved!!

• Updated by Lee-Anne van Dyk · Jun 04, 2019

do note this WILL be shared on Facebook, Twitter any platform I can find!

the exact problem is that you have clue about the world and will print anything to sell your garbage misinformation

I'm not going to waste my time with semantics, the point is the same point i'm sure most people would agree and that is you will say anything to sell your [censored] to the world and it is a load of [censored].. totally made up rubbish from the imagination of people that are desperate to maintain some sort of control over the general populace, anyone that would pay to read this [censored] is truelly brain dead to the extent that there is no hope for them, there are simply to many examples to site of how wrong the inforamtion you provide is, the list is endless i'm sure, the awards you have won are as fake as the so called dribble you print, you dont have to respond you don't to do anything i'm sure you already know everything i have told you, don't think that becasue someone read one of your acticles some where that it gives you any power over them or even keeps you in the public eye here today gone tomorrow, have fun looking for grammatical errors i'm sure that will be your level of interest you bunch of [censored] millenial [censored]

concern about cartoon in international edition that is clearly anti-semitic.

I am a weekly subscriber to The New York Times. In my opinion, It is not enough to apologize for mistaken judgment on printing it. What must the person responsible for its printing have thought would be accomplished by doing so? Apart from it's clearly not being accurate, what sentiment would have prompted such an anti-Semitic expression? Is this a reflection of the editorial policy or sentiments behind the opinion page of this paper? It reminds me of another time and another country where propaganda did not hesitate to be used to inflame the public.

Sheila Polishook
Teaneck, NJ

6 days in a row paper not delivered

Reyna our "nyt advocate" has communicated with us several times this week — but as of today 3/23/19
The news is that
Today is saturday today is the sixth day (6th) day in a row we have not received our new york times paper.

The news is that
Today is the sixth day (6th) day in a row we have not received our new york times paper. I feel like posting this 6 times but
(this was her last note to us on 3/21/19)
The new york times customer care (the new york times customer care)
Mar 21, 3:35 pm edt

Carol,
I will find out what is going on for you and we will get this taken care of for you. I appreciate you working with me on this and your patience (I get they are running out at this point)
Your nytimes advocate,
Reyna m.

notice I received about my not reading on line notices so service was dropped

I count on the 8 a.m. bulletins that greet me every morning. I may not often open them for reading- but I'm...

home delivery 7 day — downtown brooklyn

If you could/would listen to your own complaint phone number you would be alternately laughing or...

nyt online app: some articles lack a "share" link

Recently I've run into several instances of good articles that have no Share option. For example see Robert Frank's excellent "How Rising Inequality Widens the Justice Gap" on Sunday Sep 2, 2018. I'm able to work around this in several ways but they all take extra time. I believe all articles were shareable previously, which provided an important ability to share good ideas, responsible reporting, and excellent writing and thoughts. Can you please let me know what's happening on this and whether the "all shareable" principle can be restored. Thank you for your help with this.

digital subscription fraud

I've called to cancel NYC Times twice and they will not cancel my subscription... they are ripping me off on...

palmer's raw shea body lotion

I reside in New Delhi, India.This product is manufactured by E T Browne Drug Co Inc, Englewood Cliff...

The New York Times Company

home delivery

I cancelled my subscription to the sunday home delivery ny times and am still receiving it. Rosemari...

cannot get delivery of cancelled subscription stopped

I have been trying since December 8, 2017 to have the delivery of the New York Times to my residence stopped. They are champions of the blah, blah, blah platitudes, both on the phone and in their email communications, but no one apparently has the wherewithal to make the phone call to the person who actually makes the delivery. Bottom line: don't bother to start the delivery as you will NEVER GET IT STOPPED.

home delivery /new york times paper

We live in Glastonbury CT and are subscribers for more than 40 years.
Delivery issue started about 5 years ago has escalated from occasional missed delivery to consistent problem. Deterioration has infected other services as well, customer service, web site . Digital edition of paper is very cumbersome to read, frustrating just have to give up . Complaints submitted through e mail and website link never get response.
This month on an average incidence of missed delivery is about3 to 4 week. Lt is my understanding Wall Street journal and Guardian are delivered by same delivery person.New York times organization was stellar in all in all it, s aspects . Feel sad this company is acting like all other utility companies such as Verizon, sprint, cable and other technology companies, customers buy harassment instead of service. With dismantling of all regulations there is no reason to hope.
My client number .[protected]

• Su
    Susan Yardley` May 05, 2018

I am quite annoyed that the digital version, which I pay for, now constantly nags me to turn off Ghostery and AdBlock PLus so advertisers can annoy me. I use Ghostery and AdBlock Plus so I do not see ads when I am on a website. When I pay to use the website, I think it is stupid of you to ask that I stop using these applications. If you want ads to be unblocked, then don't charge for an electronic subscription; if you want people to pay for an electronic subscription, do not ask them to allow advertising. ONE OR THE OTHER.

• Fr
    FrankEF Jul 06, 2018

@Susan Yardley` It's quite easy to make Adblock Plus block the nags, too. Click on the red ABP icon, then on Options. Add the following on a new line in My Filter List: nytimes.com##.css-mlcs8h

Of course if NYT changes the coding of its nag, you will have to update the filter. Get a techie to help.

Robert Bloom Sep 01, 2018

PLEASE HELP-----------Seems like only a week or 2 that your Complaint bureau called me & told her exactly what the problem is---------------------I have been a subscriber for 40 years----40 years-----& I get the NYT 7 days per week---------EVERYDAY --------------------When I call the NYT, it's the same old message about "a delay on my route "------------I am at my wits end with the NYT----------------I'm sick & tired of having to go out & BUY MY OWN PAPER--------------Thank you, & the lady who actually called me from the Bronx, N>Y> disposition center-----------------But to no avail--------Bob

Robert Bloom Sep 01, 2018

AGAIN ?

• Ke
    Kevin Purfield Oct 29, 2018

Bari Weiss had my Twitter account taken away because I wrote to her a message of love and peace.
    May truth and knowledge prevail! The entire Torah was written for the sake of Shalom.

Kevin Purfield
    @PurfieldKevin
    @bariweiss The Holocaust is a lie. I love Ursula Haverbeck. The real Jerusalem is in Scotland.
    3:20 AM - 28 Oct 2018

Daily delivery

Five days in a row without delivery. No explanation from the nyt. Online and phone contacts are absolutely...

Home delivery cancellation

It is real shame, I have been a subscriber of The Times for many, many years. I am moving out of the USA and wanted to cancel my home delivery subscription. They certainly go out of their way to make it difficult and frustrating. For two days, I have been calling. The first day, I waited on the phone with a very annoying music for 22 minutes and finally gave up, I called again pretending to want a new subscription this time and I got a representative in less than 3 minutes. I told them I wanted to cancel and how upset I was to be put on hold forever and she told me she will ask a rep from the cancellation department to call me. They never did. The second day the same story again. I waited for 18 minutes with the same annoying music. Finally somebody answered and I was very upset so she finally cancelled the service for me. On the other hand, when I called the Wall Street Journal, it took less than 5 minutes to cancel my service and the same with my local Palm Beach Post. Shame on you NY times. I had a good image of you for years but you erased that with your lousy customer service and your tactics to make it so difficult to cancel a subscription. Never again.

New york times digital subscription

I want to cancel my digital subscription to the NY Times for a little while due to budget reasons. There i...

home delivery is terrible

I live in Berkeley, CA. Since the NY Times subcontracted out its home delivery, the paper comes late...

papers not delivered, some come as late as 4:00 pm

We have a daily subscription to the NYTimes. For the past ten plus years our paper M-F has arrived by 6:30 am...

never been delivered

I am a new subscriber to this newspaper and paid for Friday-Sunday delivery. The first day, my paper never arrived and when I called, it was too late for delivery. The second day I had to call and did not receive a paper until noon that day. Yesterday and today, the same, no paper. I did call early enough today and was promised a paper by 2:30 PM- really, a morning paper in the afternoon?? It never arrived. Twice the NY TImes messaged my local delivery person and their supervisor. Still no paper. When I called my local paper, the Contra Costa TImes, they stated that they were unable to help. Take about passing the buck.

• Da
    David Lehwalder Aug 01, 2014

payment made for 365 issues New York Times for which we received a notification that this is a fraud company and will receive nothing for our funds.

Early billing

Be aware when subscribing to the New York Times digital service:
I subscribed for the digital service for my IPAD and it was suppose to be $1 for 30 days, 20 days later they bill me $21 when I called to cancelled because I work and don't have time the read all the news before every update, the digital service is not like the paper replica which I wanted to switch to but I was told that I will not get a refund even though I was still in the $1 for 30 days, these companies want to make money at any cost and deceiving people is the best way they could.

consistent non-delivery

Isn't it amazing: that the great, venerated, heralded, exalted new york times manages to deliver saturday/sunday editions to its 7-day-a-week subscribers — but not to it's weekenders only?

For weeks, my newspaper on saturday/sunday has not been delivered. I have had to call to get replacement delivery. Half of the time, the replacement is never delivered. But: my immediate neighbors who are 7-dayers get their papers like clockwork.

Each week that I call, I get one of the following recorded excuses:
A) the paper is delayed due to weather (always when it is dry and sunny).
B) the carrier is en route. They never are.
C) the carrier is delayed (duh...!)
D) the carrier is "experiencing car trouble".

But today's took the cake:

'you will not be receiving delivery of your newspaper due to production difficulties. Your complaint is noted "But: these same" production difficulties" did not bar my 7-dayer neighbors from getting their papers!

I wa spromised re-delivery by 12:30.

Of course, as usual, it did not happen.

I called for a credit after spending $2.00 to buy the paper. I was given $1.32 in credit.

When I call, I either get your usual illiterate, cookaracha/bongo type of phone monkeys, or someone articulate but both blatantly dishonest and nasty.

We need to put a stop to this.

• Mi
    Mitch Lieberman Jan 06, 2014

If you ever intend on cancellation your subscription be prepared. You cannot do it online, even as a registered user with a fully accessible account that allows you to do absolutely everything else. You must call, be transferred twice, then wait fifteen minutes. A terrible paper right up to the bitter end.

• Ra
    Radster May 12, 2014

Easy to get into impossible to get out, wait ten minutes for operator, they take email address then put you on permanent hold.
    Unprofessional. I would never subscribe or buy their product again.

• Cr
    Craig Johns May 23, 2017

No paper for the last five delivery days. I've called. I've submitted a complaint online. They simply seem to be unable to fix the problem.

Robert Bloom Sep 15, 2018

This HAS TO STOP !------------Every single time I contact you people, there is ALWAYS a recording that says"there is a delay on my route" Have been with you 7 days a week for 40 yrs-----------------NOTHING ever gets done to correct this-----------------------The end is VERY, Very near-------------------NOBODY seems to care & neither will I very shortly---------------------Thank you

consistently missed papers

I'm a long time subscriber, never had any problems, but for the past while the delivery service has been...

Ripped Off

I called to have my subscription ended on the date that was the end of my billed period. They chose to put a new date on it, so that I was billed automatically to my credit card. They billed me for the full 2 months (even though the date they picked for stopping it would have involved three papers only). I called back and they said it would be refunded to my credit card within 30 days. Guess what? 30 days has long ago come and gone and no refund. I called and emailed and they said it was in processing. I finally filed a com;laint with the Better Business Bureau the other day. Isn't it interesting that they could find my credit card number to charge it - always in advance of the service - but can't seem to be able to refund it?

I used to think this was a reputable organization, but this experience has taught me that they are in the business to take your money, even for a service you neither want nor that they provided. Whatever you do, don't subscribe to the NYT if you think you might EVER want to stop!!!

• Li
    Lisa Nov 16, 2008

received last weeks paper 10/09/08 today11/16/08

• El
    Eli Jack Held Apr 26, 2009

Sirs

I have been a subscriber to your home delivery service for many, many years. I started when we lived in a private home in Wantagh, Long Island and continued when we moved to an apartment on Roosevelt Island in New York. The paper was always delivered to our front door, true "home delivery". My wife and I recently moved to an Assisted Living Facility in New York City called The Village at 46th and Ten and continued the home delivery subscription at the same price. Unfortunately, the serivice is not the same. The paper is delivered to the front desk, not to our door. This means that one of us has to get fully dressed and go down to get the paper. This is not exactly "home delivery". Where we lived on Roosevelt Island, there were a lot more apartments and, I am sure, a lot more subscribers. Here, there are not that many subscribers and I am wondering why we cannot get the paper delivered to our door. I am seriously cnsidering cancelling the subscription.
    Eli Jack Held
    Apt 422

• El
    Eli Jack Held Apr 26, 2009

See comments above

• Rt
    Rtrthr Dec 28, 2016

So, I guess they just don't care about home delivery, which is hard to believe in these hard times for print media. I got a promo rate for weekend delivery for 12 weeks-$13.20, started in Oct. They delivered only 1 paper to date 12/28th, even after many calls to them. So today I finally talked to a supervisor who said that the promotion I had was over so she could only deliver at that price for the rest of the time on it FIVE weeks not 12!
    And she gave me the promo they offer now---50% off for 12 weeks...big difference. Like a fool I took it, but I am so unhappy with the way this was handled I will have to cancel that. Can't deal with a company who cannot honor their commitments. THEY were the ones that broke our contract and refuse to make good on it, but they will not make good on it. Great paper, bad delivery, bad customer service, fraudulent business practices. Will call and cancel that and write to BBB. THR

Did not issue refund

I subscribed to their online crosswords in 2007 for $39.95 for a year. They automatically renewed and charged...