[Resolved] The Mercury Newssunday paper

D Apr 14, 2019

For two weeks in a row the tv guide has not been in the sunday paper. Last weekend I went to several locations and checked over 50 papers, no tv guide.
Monday I called customer service. After I explained how I spent extra gas and time and paying for two papers, there was no offer to make it right for a regular customer.
As a retired person that still reads the paper, and depends on the sports section in the tv guide, this is a drag to deal with.

• Resolution Statement

• The Mercury News Customer Care's Response · Apr 19, 2019

Thank you for your interest in TV Week.

We found that the overwhelming majority of people buying the Sunday newspaper at our newsstands were not reading the TV Week, so printing thousands of extra copies was very wasteful. Therefore, we decided to remove the TV Week from single copy sales.

However, you can still purchase the TV Week along with a 7-day home delivery subscription and we can offer you a special low rate. We have a great introductory rate of $11 per month for 7-day home delivery plus $12 per year for the TV Book. This is a substantial discount over our standard rate of $14 per week for 7-day home delivery. It’s also cheaper than our standard rate of $4 per week for Sunday home delivery.

If you want to take advantage of this offer, please call [protected] and we can setup your subscription.

Thank you for being a loyal reader.