[Resolved] The Mercury News — sunday paper
For two weeks in a row the tv guide has not been in the sunday paper. Last weekend I went to several locations and checked over 50 papers, no tv guide.
Monday I called customer service. After I explained how I spent extra gas and time and paying for two papers, there was no offer to make it right for a regular customer.
As a retired person that still reads the paper, and depends on the sports section in the tv guide, this is a drag to deal with.
Customer Service has done everything in their power to resolve the complaint. All attempts to contact the customer have failed. Therefore, the complaint has been annulled and must not be considered where image of the company in question and its services are concerned.
The Mercury News Customer Care's Response · Apr 19, 2019
Thank you for your interest in TV Week.
We found that the overwhelming majority of people buying the Sunday newspaper at our newsstands were not reading the TV Week, so printing thousands of extra copies was very wasteful. Therefore, we decided to remove the TV Week from single copy sales.
However, you can still purchase the TV Week along with a 7-day home delivery subscription and we can offer you a special low rate. We have a great introductory rate of $11 per month for 7-day home delivery plus $12 per year for the TV Book. This is a substantial discount over our standard rate of $14 per week for 7-day home delivery. It’s also cheaper than our standard rate of $4 per week for Sunday home delivery.
If you want to take advantage of this offer, please call [protected] and we can setup your subscription.
Thank you for being a loyal reader.
More The Mercury News Complaints & Reviews
- San Jose Mercury News - annoying phone calls and repeat billings 
- San Jose Mercury News - high pressure sales tactics/automatic renewal 
- San Jose Mercury Newspaper - delivery problems 
- San Jose Mercury Newspaper - news delivery scam 
- San Jose Mercury News - incessant hang up calls
- Sanjose Mercury News - abusive, unethical and misleading sales practices 
- San Jose Mercury News - never delivered, but keeps charging, even after cancellation 1 yr later
- The Mercury News - no paper
- San Jose Mercury News - delivering a sj mercury 1 day per week when 7 days per week was agreed to
- San Jose Mercury News - subscription to news paper which never was delivered!