The Bay Willowbrook Mallnon delivery of paid for items

R

This email was sent to Mr. Ali Yildiz after I contacted him requesting a refund. he asked for a copy of the original email and I also added updated info at the bottom.

Dear Ali Yildiz:
The following is the original email sent to The Bay Customer Service. I have included further information at the bottom of this letter since the date of my first email.

To whom it may concern:
Thursday, August 08, 2013
ORDER #[protected]

On July 27, 2013 I went into the Bay at Willowbrook Mall. I had received a flyer in the mail advertising a Mattress sale. I was in a bad car accident in january and decided to invest in a good mattress. My other shopping options were The Brick, SleepCountry, etc. I decided on the Bay, because Sleep Country is shy on Customer Service and I had a terrible Delivery experience not too long ago after buying furniture from The Brick.

My Sales Associate Ali Yildiz advised the delivery on the mattress and Boxspring would be 10 days. I offered to pick it up from the warehouse. He stated that was not possible. The delivery date on the bed was August 7, 2013.

I took the day off work on August 7th and gave away my old mattress. I cancelled a Doctor's appointment for 4pm that day because I needed to be here to receive the bed. I live alone and had no one that could spend the day here to wait for the driver.

After waiting all day for the delivery, I called the Bay Customer Service at 6:15pm . I was cut off twice. My third call put me through to Valerie. She said she would call the driver to confirm the bed was coming that evening. She said she would call me back as soon as she heard anything.

At 6:45 pm I called again and asked if Valerie was available. Linda said " I don't know", and then dead silence. So I said "well, maybe you can help". I explained the situation. Linda said after looking at the notes from the prior call, the driver had not returned Valerie's call. Linda said it wasn't uncommon for the driver to be late and that the bed might show up in the evening. I was told to be home for delivery between 12:00 & 6:00 pm. This only further infuriated me as I realized I didn't actually need to miss a day of work.

I took notes as I was talking to her because I couldn't believe the answers I was getting.

I was very angry. I explained to Linda that I had to take the day off work and had disposed of my old bed. Now I would be off work another day, because of this error. I would also be sleeping on the couch. I am still nursing residual effects of a broken shoulder and broken ribs from the car accident. Linda said "Don't go off top down, wait to see what happens". I asked her what top down meant. She told me that customers call all the time wanting to complain to Bonnie Brooks. There was nothing the Bay could do about it. It's not the Bay's concern. This is the fault of the delivery company. When I asked her if she thought it was un-professional for the driver to ignore the phone calls she suggested he might be busy. I said I understand a delay. A delay due to anything. Traffic, truck breakdown, accident, off- schedule. Anything. What I don't understand is the blatant disregard on the driver's part and Linda making excuses and passing off the blame.

I explained to Linda that the Driver/Delivery company is representing the Bay when they are delivering their product. She didn't seem to care and said there was nothing she could do. I asked her who I call in the morning to complain yet again and track this bed. She asked me why. I said so I don't have to go top down on some poor innocent girl just starting her shift in the morning. Linda told me to talk to the first person that answers the phone.

I am now at home waiting for my bed. I've taken another day off work. I had the worst sleep of my life last night on the couch. I am livid about this. I paid $69.99 for delivery that didn't happen. Maybe it would be good practise for your sales assocites to follow through on their sales agreements by contacting the delivery company to confirm delivery. As far as I am concerned I am owed 2 days wages and the delivery fee.
Wed Aug 7, 2013 $144.00
Thurs Aug 8, $144.00
Delivery Fee $69.99

Total $357.99

I believe there is far too much competition out there. The bay doesn't seem at all concerned about this delay. In fact, your Customer Service girls acted as if this is a common occurance. But I guess Linda wasn't sleeping on a couch last night. And she certainly wasn't down 2 full day's wages. I haven't had any savings on this purchase. If anything this has cost me. I am respectfully requesting that you credit my Mastercard $357.99 or mail a cheque for the money I have now lost due to your error.
This is terrible business practise. I have waited 12 days for an item I could have picked up on my own. I was told originally that delivery would be 10 days max. The nerve of charging me a delivery fee and then not following through. The nerve of your Customer Service Department trivializing this issue.
I am done calling customer service. There is a total lack of concern and a wealth of excuses on the other end of the phone.
I wish I would have had the common sense to check the BBB complaints against the Bay. I would have found the 112 complaints in the past 3 years listed and would have taken my business elsewhere. But you know, you just assume... The Bay. Reputable, been around for years. I will be number 113 on the list if I do not hear back from you.
I will also be posting here:http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/the-bay-a53327.html and anywhere else to lodge this complaint.
I expect a reply to this letter. I can be reached by telephone at [protected]
Lila Roe
20367 37B Avenue
Langley, B.C.
V3A 2T2

August 15, 2013

Aug 9 I emailed The Bay Customer Service to inform them that both delivery dates on my bed had come and gone with no actual delivery. I had basically given up when later that afternoon, Tia from Customer Service called me to let me know that the earliest delivery date would be Saturday, August 10th. I said "Is this a joke?" Tia explained that this was out of the Bay's control. She gave me the usuual...I understand your frustration, Maam. Blah, blah, blah. She did not want to discuss the promise of delivery on both Aug 7 and Aug 8th. I had no choice but to be at home between 8am and 1pm on Saturday, Aug 10th. Only one more nights sleep on the couch. I waited around on Saturday until 3pm, giving the driver the benefit. Guess what? No bed. I called Customer service again that day to report this. Camille acted as though this was no big deal. She advised me that The Bay was contacted by the Vendor on Tuesday, Aug 6th to advise that the bed needed to be "made" at the factory and delivery on the bed would be Aug 20th at the earliest. I hung up the phone. So many conflicting stories from so many employees at Customer Service. I can't believe The Bay allows people like this to represent them.

On Tuesday, Aug 13th I went into The Bay Willowbrook Mall location to ask for a refund. Which is when Ali remembered me from my original visit to the store. He asked me what the problem was, sat me down, calmed me down, and got to work on getting me the bed I have bought and paid for. He promised me delivery of my bed on Thursday, Aug 15 between 4pm and 9 pm. In the evening so I did not have to take another day off work. I left the store feeling like someone was actually listening and was concerned with the dilemma I was in. Ali promised me a quick fix and I took him at his word. Unfortunately, Days earlier I had taken Valerie, Linda, Camille, Tia and Misty all at their word as well. Big mistake on my part.

No surprise...but guess what? I've been waiting here since 4pm for delivery of the bed that still has not shown up. It is currently 9:36pm Thursday, August 15th. I have now been sleeping on my couch for 7 straight nights. I am paying interest on my Mastercard on a bed that was purchased on July 27th. Is this some sick joke? I explained that I was nursing a broken shoulder and broken ribs from a recent car accident and buying this bed was an investment in my health. In my earlier email I asked that I be refunded 2 days pay and the delivery charge on my bed. Now, I'm at a complete loss on how the Bay will even begin to make this right with me. I am sitting here in tears. I am unable to "charge" an additional $2000.00 on my credit card to get a bed, since the charges to the Bay have gone through. My back and shoulder are in constant pain now due to my week-long sleeping arrangement.
I now have only one question: What are you, THE BAY going to do about this? If I don't see a box spring and mattress at my door tomorrow by 6pm. I will make it my life's work to tell this story to anyone that will listen. I cannot believe people in a trusted retail outlet could be so cruel. Knowing the circumstances. I live alone and don't have a spare bed. I disposed of my old bed on the morning of Aug 7th; expecting my new bed that day. Is this the worst retail nightmare story ever? Do you think you could find an ounce of compassion and try to help me out with this?
Lila Roe