Texas TollwayToll Tag

M

January 1, Texas Tollways will no longer be accepting cash at its tolls. You will only be able to use their toll tag or be billed. They'll spend the money to remove the coin collectors and make an vast amount of money from charging fees and fines to those that do not want to have a tag.

• Wa
    Wayne Howser Mar 01, 2013

I have a toll tag for my can-am and it does not work properly why do I have to pay for another one.

Mark64 May 21, 2013

I used the toll road to go to Austin and then come back to San Antonio.
    Being the first time using the toll road I was expecting an invoice in my home but I did not get it. Since I drive a company car my company got the bill in March 13th. There was an internal miscommunication and then we got a Notice of Violation for $39.96.
    The bill showed a due date of 5/22/13.
    On 5/21 I called to pay my bill by credit card (Tried to do it on line but the system did not allow me). When I called to pay the $39.96 they told me that the amount was not $39.96 but 87 and some dollars! I do not understand since the Notice of Violation [protected] was showing $39.96 and it showed it must be received by 5/22/13 to avoid additional fees.
    This motivates me not to use the toll road never again.
    I will also bring this complain to the Texas Department of Transportation.
    Marco Juarez

• Ro
    Robbinbirdr Jun 27, 2013

same thing happened to me I was unaware of the booths being torn down and didn't know it was made eztag after many years of paying at booth. Construction traffic was bad and I got on because they cut the road out and did not see any signs so when I went in to pay they told me fees would be waived if I purchased an eztag. I tried to even thou I dont want one just to get out of those outrageous fees they just started charging.. I have went and paid a few tolls that my son got in my car, but never had this problem a few dollars turned into almost a hundred and to me that is NOT RIGHT...I have never received a invoice before... then I come home and the next day one is in the mailbox. they are crooks ripping people off and I will NEVER EVER go on there again...

• Do
    DonnaKay Sep 26, 2013

I received a Notice of Violation without ever getting a bill or 2nd notice which the notice says would have occurred. I called for 4 days and got a busy signal or once I got through the system would cut me off repeatedly and I would have to call back in only to be cut off again. I tried e-mail and never got a response. I paid the $20 additional fees because I didn't want it to go any further, but what a SCAM! Apparently after getting this and doing some checking this happens a lot! Well I guess live and learn to never use Tollways around Austin. I wondered why it was so empty. Guess everyone else has figured out this is a scam. How do we get back to being able to pay without having to go through a company that says we haven't paid. Maybe Texas DOT needs to look at their contracts with these people instead of just allowing the citizens to be hijacked by these racketeers!

• Pe
    Penelope Jones Sep 27, 2013

I never use toll roads, and I received a bill saying that I owed $17.34. I was no where in the area. I don't even live in the city. I was not official looking at all, It looks like someone made a copy of a violation. It so happens that my son had received a toll charge and we compared the bills. They look totally different. Looks like a scam to me!

• Do
    Donna .L. Mar 28, 2014

Well after reading all the other complaints on here I can see I'm joining the unheard voices on this topic. As a result I too have taken the pledge(my entire household as well) to NEVER EVER use the Texas Toll road system in Austin!! I called to pay my bill and it kept saying "sorry not valid"?? It's their ticket and their numbers on the ticket and their answering service... Why does this NOT work?? SCAM that's why. I too finally gave up and paid the ticket.. But when I paid online the amount had almost doubled from $32 to $64?? In a matter of one day??? NEVER AGAIN TEXAS!! I'm extremely frustrated and this is not why the people of Austin voted for these toll roads to get RIPED OFF!! It's wrong and needs to be stopped. BRING Back the cash only lane!! Until they do this no one in the house will use the toll road EVER AGAIN!! Total SCAM. Buy a toll pass you might say... What for to use once a month?? SCAM SCAM shame on you Texas Toll Ways!!!

• Mi
    Mindym Jan 22, 2015

I too, will never use the toll ways again. The billing system is beyond terrible. The people and company responsible should be fired for incompetence. I paid a violation yesterday under protest because I am exhausted with fighting these people and this horrible system. I wanted to look at my statement history to see if I could tell which charge they said remained unpaid but (of course) I was unable to log in to my account. Unbelievable. I don’t care how inconvenient it may be to avoid the tolls. I will never use them again because I refuse to deal with these people.

• De
    Dee Onna Jul 07, 2015

I received a toll violation bill but never received an initial bill to pay. What a scam. My toll fee was 3.24 but they added a 15.00 violation fee and 1.00 processing fee so the bill went up to 19.24. Always pay my toll bill immediately upon getting in mail. Luckily we hardly ever use toll roads, and will be avoiding as much as possible in the future!

• Cw
    Cwag5265 Aug 23, 2016

They are a bunch of crooks. I never received the first bill and just received one for 60.00 all being late fees. They never answer the phone. Total scam artists.

• Da
    Darla Hadley Oct 05, 2017

We travel on the new toll road (paying $0.87 one way) on Highway 71 travelling west into Austin from Bastrop and this is how it looks EVERY SINGLE DAY! See pic. Ridiculous! A toll road is supposed to alleviate traffic jams, but it seems they create more problems. The roads in general in Austin are a joke. But the City Council can vote to install a $300, 000 bathroom for the homeless. This is one of the many reasons we moved to Bastrop, but unfortunately we still have to work in Austin. Done with this city!

Comments