TexanPlus Health Carecoverage and customer service

W

I have cancer and tried to get into M. D. Anderson to find out they do not accept TexanPlus! Web site sucks as it does not have a list network hospitals. Called TexanPlus and got a woman in the Philipines!! I asked for an American and she transferred me to Idaho. She could not tell me anything so I hung up. I live 40 minutes from Houston. It infuriates me that I can not reach someone local who would probably know something to help me out.

The web site leaves a lot to be desired. I feel they should have a list of participating hospitals in their network.

• Sw
    sweetsue101 Aug 23, 2018

This is absolutely the worst insurance I have ever seen in my life! My family member had Pancreatic cancer. There were always obstacles concerning chemo treatments, specific meds, and arranging ambulance transportation. The customer service reps are notorious for placing you on hold for an indefinite amount of time. Upon their return to your call, you're still clueless about your specific concerns. DO NOT USE TEXAN PLUS if you want to LIVE!

• Sh
    SherryPerucca Jun 26, 2018

Texan Plus is notorious for being the worst Medicare replacement available. I’ve been a Case Manager and nurse for many years. They deny additional Acute services across the board and some families don’t know to appeal the decision, not that it will change anything. I got one am reporting them to the Texas Insurance Board. This is the only way they will be disciplined for withholding patients Medicate Beni fits to line their own pockets. Each denial is money in the bank to them. This agreegous behavior must be stopped. Do not use them. Switch to straight Medicare to get your full benefits.

• Sh
    SherryPerucca Jun 26, 2018

This is the worst Medicare replacement available. Switch to straight Medicare if you want access to your benefits.