TerminixNever ever sign-up for this service

K

Never ever sign-up for this service. This whole thing, as I perceive it, is a big scam. This is how they tricked me and I am sure I am not alone:

Door-to-door sales man comes up to your door. Misinforms you about the contract (vis-à-vis can be canceled anytime if you are not happy). If you go by his words and not careful enough to read the contract and signed it, you have shot yourself in the foot. Then starts their crappy services, for which they would not even inform you prior to coming. After one year and few hundred dollars wasted, we still see ants all over our kitchen. Their free termite inspection is one of the biggest lies I have ever encountered. They scheduled for the inspection three times and never showed up. Well, needless to say, I am no more their customer and they dare not come to my door step in the future. Just one world for you all...Be aware of Terminix.

• Te
    terminix a ripoff Jun 02, 2011

I was recently "let go" from Terminix simply because I didn't sell enough. My customers loved me, never rec'd any complaints, always completed my route 95% or greater, and collected well each month. But because I didn't sell 2-3000$ worth of overpriced and oftentimes totally unnecessary products and/or services every month they had to let me go. While I did in fact sell (usually at least 500 -1000$/month but sometimes well over the 2000$/month "goal"), my numbers apparently weren't good enough. Trust me, you are far better off with a locally owned pest company that doesn't offer all the other products/services and force their service techs to sell. Or better yet, go to doityourselfpestcontrol.com and you can get the exact same products that I used as a tech.
    Do the math: On average, the yearly cost for pest control with Terminix is $300.00 (75$ every 3 months). Go to doit yourselfpestcontrol.com and spend 50-100$ and you will have enough product to last you 2 - 3 years.
    terminix pest control for 3 years =$900.00
    doityourselfpestcontrol.com for 3 years = $50-100.00
    And if you do go with Terminix, pray that your service tech (pmp) actually gives enough of a rat's fanny to provide a good service, because believe me, plenty of them do not. Just a little information and common sense is all anyone needs to take care of their pest problem. There are plenty of avenues one can use to gain necessary info to treat their home correctly, without having to pay dearly.
    Obviously I'm not happy with the way I was let go, but the above points reflect the way I've felt for quite some time. I was with the company over two years, and I developed a lot of good relationships with many of my customers. I can honestly say that I treated my customers the way I would expect to be treated, and tried to treat their homes like each was my own. In the two + years I was there, I did see a lot of questionable ethics. And nearly all of these situations revolved around money. Sell, Sell, Sell!! was the mantra.
    Do yourself a favor, think twice about dealing with the big companies. Like every other large corporation, it's all about the almighty dollar.