Having problems with Terminix?

Terminix reviews first appeared on Complaints Board on Jun 8, 2007. The latest review Billing and credit issue was posted on Nov 3, 2021. The latest complaint Service Inefective was resolved on May 19, 2014. Terminix has an average consumer rating of 2 stars from 72 reviews. Terminix has resolved 19 complaints.

Terminix Customer Service Contacts

+1 877 837 6464 (Customer Service)
860 Ridge Lake Blvd
Thu24h
Fri24h
Sat24h
Sun24h

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with Terminix Customer Service. Initial Terminix complaints should be directed to their team directly. You can find contact details for Terminix above.

Use this comments board to leave complaints and reviews about Terminix. Discuss the issues you have had with Terminix and work with their customer service team to find a resolution.

Terminix Complaints & Reviews, Page 3

TerminixCancelled service, but charged me anyway

I cancelled their services because I was going out of town, and no one would be able to let them in to do the work. Well...they came anyway, and charged me $200. I called and discontinued services forever. Then they called earlier today (2 months later) to verify an appointment. They would have done it all again if I hadn't caught them at their scam. lousy, heartless people. I am on dialysis and I can hardly afford my medicine. $200 wiped me out that month. I was using half doses by the middle of the month. Thanks Terminix, I hope you needed that money more than me.

Terminix — Misleading/False Advertising

I called Terminix to inquire about their services. They offered me the Ultimate Protection Plan. The plan...

Terminix — Unprofessional Violation of Contract Terms

I cannot fathom how this company can violate its own contracts, keep vague and incomplete records, conduct...

Terminix — Service and reliability

We had termites last year April 2012 and signed a service contract that cost thousands of $$. They came out...

Terminix — suposedly rid my home of bedbugs

Workers came out on 01/07/2013 to rid my home of bedbugs. on 01/13/2013, I called and informed them that we...

TerminixWork was not completed

On 7/29/11 Terminix came to my house at 224 Black Pond Road, Hubbardton, Vt and installed several one way doors around the chimney flashing of my home to remove bats. This was guaranteed for 18 months. The bats returned and two new one way doors were installed on 5/24/12. Despite repeated calls to Terminix, no one has come back to remove the doors and seal the flashing to the roof as was done the first time. I called the Terminix Office at 34 Locke Road, Unit 1, Concord, NH., [protected] numerous time. No one has responded.

Terminix — Bait and Switch with price and company

Terminix Buys EcoFirst raises prices. No notification. Just bills us. Mormon Scammer David Royce Has sold out...

TerminixPoor Service/Customer Service

Growing up, Terminix had always been a part of my life. Our Terminix man, Dave, visited us regualarly and was almost like a part of the family. We were always pleased with our service. So when it came time for me to choose a termite and pest control product, I didn't think twice and went with Terminix. I can't sufficiently enough express how absolutely disappointed I am with my decision, and with how poorly this organization now treats its customers.
      When I moved into my fiance's home, she had termite bait traps, but no pest control plan. We received a renewal notice for the bait traps, but I decided to have Terminix come out to give us a quote on a more all-inclusive service, specifically to add pest control (Florida is rife with palmettos and ants/fire ants). When my "inspector" Randy Bianchi arrived, he was very friendly and walked my premises with me. He advised that the bait stations we currently had (and had been solicited to simply renew) were no longer effective at keeping termites away, and furthermore he advised that they were more likely to attract termites to the home at this point than to repel them.
      I was concerned that we hadn't been advised of this until we indicated that we were willing to spend more money and increase our service with Terminix, but I didn't press the issue. He detailed what the product entailed: "baiting" the exterior of the house, interior of the house in select areas, and baiting the attic regularly; and of course removing the existing Terminix bait-traps which were at best useless and at worst a detriment. I signed up for the plan and agreed to regular deductions to be made from my account.
      When the serviceman first came to my house (without a call-ahead so that I could ensure someone would be home to let him in), he laid bait outside and left, leaving the old bait traps. A week later, he returned and treated the interior. He neglected to treat the attic area. When I advised that I had be told this was part of what was sold to me by Mr. Bianchi, he simply stated that it wouldn't be necessary. He again left without removing the old bait traps.
      All this is moderately understandable compared to the rest. I phoned Mr. Bianchi 5 times before he returned my call, to advise him of the mistake that was made in leaving the traps behind. He returned my call stating he'd lost my number, and apologized for the delay. He asked if I wanted to remove the traps myself (really?) and I responded that I would prefer Terminix pick up them up, as was discussed. He said he would come out in the next week to do so, and would call ahead to let me know when, so we could discuss a hole that was dug at the base of my house as well. That was almost a month ago, and that was the last I've ever heard from him, or from ANYONE from Terminix for that matter.
      I called Mr. Bianchi more than 12 times, leaving many messages, receiving no response. I have place 3 calls to 1800-TERMINIX. I have politely yet clearly expressed my frustration with my service. Each time the call center rep sympathized and assured me that someone would contact me. One rep I spoke with went so far as to say that she has had similar experience with this Inspector (not returning calls). I replied that the problem was no longer just with the inspector, but now with Terminix as nobody in this company was taking ownership of this issue.
      Terminix has nobody taking ownership of their poor customer service, and there is no single point of accountability for any issues that arise. A simple, almost trivial, little issue has created furious customer because of the company's utter lack of commitment to customer service. No inspector, no serviceman, no salesman, no customer service associate, no manager, no quality control person has returned my more than 20 calls now. I can not understand in this age where each dollar is spent so deliberately, how a customer spending $700 annually with your organization can be so utterly ignored and dismissed.

1 Response
        • Ju
          Juanita Algar Jul 09, 2012

I have been a customer of Terminix for over 40 years (at the two homes that I have owned here in South Fl.) and I am now finding that a satisfied customer is no longer a priority of Terminix. Over the last two years, it has been just awful trying to get an inspection of my home. Although it was that when I called someone would come out. # weeks ago, a nice man came out, found evidence of termites. I was told that someone would call to set up an appt. for treatment. After 3 phone calls to the local office, and of this date no one has called. Am I supposed to wait until the termites take over my w

hole house??? I am still waiting.thanks for letting me sound off.

Juanita Algar Customer #150617

Terminix — Managers suck

Managers will schedule 21 stops per day or more for the techs at this branch. SO, WHAT KIND OF QUALITY WILL...

Terminix — Poor Management

Management in this particular Terminix office is terrible. I had a manager by the name of Julia Valenzuela...

TerminixKilled our parrot

We had terminix out to get rid of our ant problem. A guy showed up and im pretty sure he was a new employee. Since he was out we have been getting mail asking for more business. Even we have ask not to recieve any more mail. This guy used a spray can and whatever he used killed our parrot. So, im asking you to stop sending us mail. Have a heart guys, just stop;.

We had terminix out to get rid of our ant problem!. A guy showed up and im pretty sure he was a new employee|. Since he was out we have been getting mail asking for more business:. Even we have ask not to recieve any more mail|. This guy used a spray can and whatever he used killed our parrot?. So, im asking you to stop sending us mail!. Have a heart guys, just stop.

Terminixants

I set up an appointment on the 16th of April this year for Terminix to spray my home inside and out for ants. They sprayed and a wk later no results so I called back and I was told they would call me back anyway to make a long story short I've been calling and waiting for almost a month now, nobody calls me back until I tell them I want my money back. The last guy I talked to I told him I didnt want them to spray again for a third time I was tired of dealing with Terminix and their horrible customer service! He basically told me that was not an option. So I told him well fine come and spray again if you would just fix the problem I paid 140.00 for I would leave them alone. At one point they had in their records someone had been to my home and they werent. Anyway So here it is another wk and something after the last time they sprayed and I still have just as many or more ants then I did before! I know 140.00 seems like petty change to most people but I am working a full time job and a part time and my fiancee is working a full time job also. That to us is an extremely large amount of money! I just want my money back! I filed a complaint with BBB and I have taken pictures of ants crawling all over my floors all over my kitchen walls etc etc with a camera that shows the date. My question is has anyone actually got their money back without having to get a lawyer and taking them to court!? Any extra suggestions or info or anything would be greatly appriciated!

2 Responses
            • Im
              IMD1 Oct 14, 2011

It is less expensive and much more effective to get your own ant killer. You have to kill the queen, poison carried back to the nest and fed to the queen kills off the colony.

• Ha
              hateTMX Oct 14, 2011

Wow, that sounds pretty normal from Terminix. Not returning calls and money for services never even being done.
              But I think they bought a lot of people in the BBB, so they will be in their side too.
              Very typical, reminds me of this so-called manager at the Chatsworth office in CA. She used to say: " I will never give the money back to the customer and won't cancel their signed agreement" IN FRONT ON ALL THE TECHS!!!
              Anyway, I am so glad im not with this ripoff company anymore

TerminixUnprofessional and Lies

We signed up for the protection plan with Terminix because we knew we had carpenter ants. The guy came out and said we had carpenter ants and powder post beetles (When he showed me what they were he pointed out were sow bugs (roly polys) . The second guy said nope those are sow bugs, but you do have powder post beetles as well. The powder post beetles live in the wood and then lay eggs and go somewhere to die. The wood that has the holes needs to be burnt outdoors in order to kill the bugs. They can live 15 years in the same places, so you won't usually see them. They are the size of a pen tip. Terminix can put something on the boards already infested, but it costs $300, and the wood would already be damaged by the bugs.

The first guy said someone needed to come out within a week and that they would call. They never called. Almost 2 weeks later, I call to make an appointment. I call the morning of the appointment to confirm and they say there never was an appointment and reschedule for later that day. I call after the appointment time frame because no one showed up and they say sorry they forgot to tell the technician. I make a 3rd appointment only to have them show up a day early while we are gone. He left a card, so I called him and let him know I made the appointment the next day. The next day (today) he does come.

According to the second guy, the spray and also drilling holes in the walls to put dust poison are covered in our protection, but tenting the house is not and would cost around $3, 000. I called the 800 number and the verified that this is the truth. (Supposedly) The first guy and the second guy the first time I asked him said spraying, dusting and tenting were ALL covered.

We need to get a crawl space door that he told me how we can make or we can use a piece of ply wood and something to keep it down like bricks, stones, etc. The places where the birds pushed the screen needs to be covered with 1/8 inch hardware cloth and stapled in place. (They aren't going to do it) We also need a vapor barrier and insulation under the house.

I'm am annoyed with Terminix since the first guy said Terminix does more than they actually do. The first guy said he'd put the screening up for the birds. Second guy said to call in 2 weeks if we are still seeing ants. The second guy gave me a slip with what he did and it has a charge for $275.99. We are paying monthly and there's not supposed to be any extra, so I called the 800 number and supposedly we are not being charged extra, but why does it say we are?

TerminixOn going termite problems

I have been having on going termite problems and a worthless contract with terminix. They take my money but leave the termites.
              The company must be horrible to work for because there is never the same person there 2 years in a row.
              I have thousans=ds of dollars worth of repairs to do and still have termites. Do not sign up for a contract with them it is a waste of money. What a rip off!
              I will be attaching picture of the damage shortly.

Respond

Terminix — dishonesty of employees, rip off

My horror story began in April of 1990 in Salt Lake City, Utah. I was hired to service a pest control route...

TerminixSwitch and Bait Masters

SWITCH AND BAIT CO. Terminix is by far the largest rip off company I have ever used.I had a inspection, it was set up my my real estate agent. After there so called bargain inspection (that was the sales mans response to my complaint )I charged you only $100 for the inspection. So he did. Then he gave a bid for the work to do, I used him for only one of the iteams as it was a Condo and all else was covered by HOA. They added $1000.00 to the $450.00 bid. The work was just what the bid said, nothing was found different then bid. BUT $1000.00 WAS ADDED . That would have been $450.oo a hr. KARMA IS A COMPANY THAT BELLYS UP.

TerminixQuestionable Business Ethics

Terminix is all about the bottom line: MONEY. Here are some examples:
                  * As a former service manager, I can tell you that pesticides are rationed according to how well the branch is doing financially (so, for example, many times your pest control technician doesn't have enough pesticides to properly treat your problem because it's not cost effective for the branch to buy the stuff)
                  * It's all about dollars per hour. Every single morning, the branch manager meets with his service managers about how the pest control technicians did the previous day in terms of time spent on service calls vs. dollars earned. If a technician spends too much time at your house, the managers will know it. When I was a manager, we wanted to see a technician spend no more than 15 minutes per service call. This, of course, is not at all sufficient. It takes at least 15 minutes just to inspect the premises for pest problems, let alone treating any infestations
                  * The technicians are improperly trained. There is such a high rate of technician turnover at Terminix that new employees are rushed through the pest control and safety "training". This mainly consists of watching a bunch of videos. Then, the new technicians will be tutored on exactly what is on the pest control certification test required by the state. They will be taught, in essence, how to beat the test but they won't really know anything about pest control when it's over. A popular saying among Terminix service managers is that their pest control technicians take the "spray and pray" approach to pest control. You don't want that. You want someone who knows how to identify pests and their behaviors before determining the best way to get rid of them.
                  * Termite sales people are taught how to mislead you, scare you, and otherwise suggest that you have termites in order to get you to pay large amounts of money to treat the "termite infestation" that you allegedly have. If a Terminix sales person says you have termites, call a second company and tell them that Terminix said that you have termites and you want another opinion. The second company will likely tell you the truth if Terminix is lying- mainly because every pest control company hates Terminix. We used to have sales people that took live termites to people's houses, hidden in a jar, and show then show them to the customer as proof that they had a problem. Totally unethical.
                  * Don't buy the Sentricon termite bait stations. It's a waste of money and it is not at all effective. They do not draw termites to them- the only termites that get in there are the ones that happen to be burrowing right near the bait stations. Other termites could just as easily be drawn to the wood of your house. It's a scam.
                  * Always - ALWAYS - be home when Terminix pays you a service call. They will try to convince you to take the service when you're not home. Don't let them. The technician will come there, do nothing, sign the paperwork and put it in your door.
                  * When you cancel your account, get it in writing. If necessary, drive to the branch location and make the customer service rep give you a copy of the canceled contract. Terminix is notorious for continuing service, saying it was a misunderstanding, and then sending you to collection when you refuse to pay for service that you did not want because you had already been assured that your account was cancelled.
                  * Area managers and Branch managers are encouraged, and shown how to, refuse to compensate you for any damages your house incurs from termites- even though you are supposedly covered under their "guarantee".

In short, Terminix is not only the most unethical company I have ever had the displeasure of working for, but they are well known to their competitors in the pest control industry as being the most underhanded company out there. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY

TerminixRude service

We (my family) currently use Terminix in Texas at our family vacation home, and we are happy with the technician and the service. My husband and I recently scheduled an appointment in California at our home.

When I contacted Terminix initially, I advised them that we were having problems with ants, and another bug common to the area, known as a “wind spider.” The “wind spiders” have been on the ground and on the exterior walls of the house. Since one of the “wind spiders” found its way into our bedroom, we decided to call and have our home treated. Terminix advised me that they employed entomologists, and that their field technicians were very knowledgeable. Terminix stressed “customized solutions.”

When the technician (Jason) arrived he seemed hurried and asked what bugs we were having problems with? We explained the problem with the ants and the bug “wind spider.” He said he could spray for ants and said, “I have been doing this a long time…I haven’t heard of that other one.” I told him ants weren’t the biggest problem, they were equal to the problem with the “wind spider.” I told him Terminix ensured that the technician would know how to treat the bugs. I further informed him that prior to his arrival, I used Google to research the name “wind spider” and hundreds of photographs and information were available. He said, “Terminix will promise you the world...but in reality we get out here and it’s a different story.” He didn’t have any interest in figuring out how to rid our property of this insect.

I then told him Terminix uses some sort of a gel based solution to kill the bugs and scorpions in Texas and asked him if he knew about that solution, since it might be able to be used for this “wind spider.” He said, “I don’t know what they are doing in Dallas!” Our home is not in Dallas and this is just another example of his poor attitude and representation of Terminix.

At that point we weren’t willing to sign a yearlong contract, or even have the technician treat the house at all.

I called Terminix on the toll free number after he left, to complain about the service and the technician. I was informed that his direct supervisors were either Randy or Ron. Terminix said they would leave a message for his supervisors. Since I did not get a call back on Monday, I called Terminix back on Tuesday October 5th. I left another similar message. On Thursday October 7th I called Terminix again since I had not yet received a call. On Friday Ron called me and I spoke to him about the incident.

Unfortunately you have an employee that is poor representation of Terminix.

Ironically later in the day on the Saturday that your technician was at our house, I met an exterminator at a local gas station. He was in his work truck with the name of his company on the side. I asked him if he had a business card and asked him if he knew what a “wind spider” was. He said that indeed he did.

3 Responses
                      • 12
                        12345po Dec 12, 2011

Horrible cumstomer service. Used them for 5 years and their guys were great until lately but the customer service was horrible. Don't expect call backs or proper service. They sent a man to my house over and over after I asked for him to stay away. He was rude and did not complete his work ever. Don't trust them.

• Ne
                        never again Mar 13, 2011

Unfortunately this bad attitude with "jason" is more the norm for Terminix. I know, I was employed there for 2 horrible years. The salesmen don't communicate with the technicians, ad 98% of the time when I got to a customers home the resident would say "Well the salesman said you were going to do ..." (fill in the blank). We never had the proper equipment such as ladders, drills, etc to do the new start properly. There was also little to no training of techs. Their school of training was to have the new guy "ride" with a tech, ANY tech for a week, then tah dah!!! The new guy would be "signed off" and then assigned his or her own route. Dont be so hard on the tech. Its because of those corporate snobs at "Service the Master" that are greedy and don't want to spend any money to do the training, supply the proper equipment, or to do the job right in the first place. After seeing this kind of ### happen for 2 long years and seeing the customers get cheated, I finally walked out. I went to work for another exterminating company that did everything to make their employees happy. That in turn would make the employees want to provide good service and take care of the customers. Avoid Terminix, ServiceMaster, Merry Maids, Tru-Green Chemlawn, and American Home Shield at all costs. Service"the"Master owns all of them. The service from all of these companies I listed here are as bad if not worse for customer service for Terminix. I tried to use Chemlawn on more than one occasion, and thie service was worse than poor...I was stood up numerous times, and one time when I was stood up, I called them, and it turned out that the tech who had a confirmed appt at my home for 5:30 pm not only stood me up, but he had shoved my invoice under his truck seat, and told the manager he was done for the day. Pretty sad, when the manger has to tell the customerthat the tech lied and shoved your service invoice UNDER the seat. They found it there when they inspected his vehicle.

• Co
                        Consumers Take Care Nov 10, 2010

yes, I just got off the phone with Terminix, the local Palestine, TX office to complain about a constant harrassment for an invoice of $146.14 for service never provided. The girl in billing was rude and sarcastic; obviously she is used to getting away with her attitude. I asked for her supervisor, she put me on hold and got back 4 minutes later saying she wasn't available. When I asked for the name of the boss, she snapped his name out to me. Of course she said she was not obligated to provide her full name for me to make a complaint.
                        I cancelled their service over 6 months ago becasue they never show up, they do a horrible job and when I didn't want to renew a termite contract, they had an 800 number call me 2 times a day non-stop telling me I need to renew. Even after getting someone on the phone from the call center and asking them to please discontinue calling me, the calls just kept coming. I would not recommend Terminix to a dog that had fleas, let alone someone with a property of 5 major structures such as mine. Hooray for the bugs and spiders! If you have Terminix from Palestine, Texas; they are some happy bugs knowing that they will always win.

Terminix — Rip off

Teminix costs me 13, 600 for treatment that was not needed. The State inspector said "overkill" for the...

TerminixPoor service, don't use them

I really wish I had checked out this webiste before signing a contract with Terminix. The previous comments were exactly what I have experienced. They really do not care about the customers and I am so sorry to have wasted my money for...missed/no show appointments, poor customer service on the phone, and generally the worst service ever!

The technicians do not show up when scheduled and since I still have seen all kinds of bugs, I do not believe they have ever applied any chemicals to my home to treat for pests.Going now to look for a new pest company!

1 Response
                        • Ha
                          hateTMX Oct 14, 2011

Did you know that Terminix doesn't like paying overtime?????
                          I used to work more than 60 hours per week as a tech and will never be compensated reasonably for overtime.
                          They want to control the time every tech is in the stop and will literally write you off if you spend more time with a customer.
                          Funny thing is that they will overbook your day and expect you to work only 8 hours.
                          I am so glad I dont work for these sharks any more!!!