Teppermansdelivery fee

P

Here is my story with Tepperman's, and I'm still dealing with it.
I purchased a Bed frame, a 2 piece box spring, a mattress, 2 dressers and a night table on Nov 24th, 2013. The delivery date was Dec 3rd 2013.
Unfortunately, I have a problem with the mattress I purchased. I have had it for less than a month and it is dipping to one side. You can see it clearly! I called Tepperman's to tell them what my problem was. They explained to me they would have to send out a person to look at the mattress and do a report for the manufacture. I had no problem with that seeing as it was clearly a manufacturing problem. The gentleman that came here was very polite and professional. It was very clear to both of us this mattress had a problem. About 2 weeks or more later, I received a phone call letting me know that there was indeed a manufacturing problem with the mattress and that I had a choice to replace it with the same mattress or upgrade to a better quality mattress. I decided that I would purchase a better quality mattress. At that time I was advised that I would have to pay the delivery fee. This I was not happy about. I decided to go to the store and speak to management about my situation. When I went to the customer service desk they had someone come out to talk to me. Again, I was informed they would not cover the delivery fee.
I expressed my beliefs to this person, explaining to her that I too am a business owner in both customer service and retail and I would NEVER put that expense on my customer. Common sense tells me, if I put out the delivery fee myself now for for my customer, I will make more than that in return with repeat sales!!! I was told that the manufacturer would not cover this fee either. I can not believe anyone would agree to such policies. I understand that Tepperman's is not responsible for bad manufacturing, but they are responsible for who they chose to do business with and what they sell in their store. And they sure have the ability to make things right with their customers.
So here is where I am with all this, I have a mattress that is lumpy, I have no choice but to either (a) purchase a different mattress from them (b) replace it with the same mattress (I will just keep having this problem) (c) keep the mattress I have. They will not refund my money for the mattress either, I was advised I only have a in store credit. Either way, they will still charge me for the delivery of a new mattress even though it was a manufacturing problem.
I don't feel I should have to pay for delivery (.) If there was a problem with the product that was caused by me, I could understand paying delivery, but when this is clearly not the fault of anything I've done to this mattress, I should not be responsible to pay. All I wanted was to purchase a better mattress (spend more money) at their store, and have the delivery fee waved. I think that is very reasonable.
After this experience, I will NEVER purchase from them again, and I will tell everyone about my experience. Word of mouth is the best advertising they say...
From our home to yours? I think not...
One very disappointed customer ~