TelecheckDenied me getting an ATM card

On January 2nd, 2008 my purse was stolen. The guy had my checkbook and wrote several checks. Telecheck notified me on January 14th, 2008 about two checks that had been written and there was no money to cover these expenses because the account was closed. I explained to them about my purse being stolen and I sent them everything they asked for including police report, affidavits and several other things in February of 2008. Never received anything after that from them. I thought everything had been cleared up until August 5th, 2014 (6 1/2 years later) when I tried to get an ATM card for my savings account and was denied by Telecheck. I called them and found out it was because of the two checks from January, 2008. They are trying to say I never sent them anything proving my purse was stolen which is ridiculous because I still have every piece of paper from 2008 and found all the things I had faxed them. SO on August 8th I faxed everything again. They are saying it is going to take at least another month to get this all cleared up after I give them the correct account number which they have already. They call and leave me messages to call them back and I can never talk to the person I need to because they can not transfer. This place is full of foreign ###s that should not even have access to our personal information in the first place. After reading all the other complaints about this place it definitely needs to be shut down ASAP!!!

• My
    myrv Mar 20, 2015

ANY COMPLAINTS CALL THE FTC COMPLAINT LINE AT [protected].

• Ca
    cajintex Feb 01, 2012

Most times, if a check does not clear, the bank will notify you. They will usually notify you by mail.

On the other hand, nobody should be able to just automatically start dipping into someone's financial accounts. I don't care how you pay for something, they have to have your permission to deduct money from your account. That permission would need to be received even for an EFT.

• De
    Debbie Monk Sep 19, 2011

Telecheck deducted $30.00 from my checking acct. without notifying me first. Said that I had a return check to a grocery store and that the check was resumitted to bank and cleared. I was never notified of the check not clearing the 1st time by either telecheck or the grocery store. This should be against the law.