TD Bankcustomer service, etc.

L

I opened an account with TD Bank because I moved to Providence and the bank I was using in New York doesn't have any branches here. I closed out my old account and deposited the certified bank check into my TD Bank account. Several days later it had not cleared. I called the 800 number and was told that it takes 3-5 days for funds to be released if your account is under 30 days old. After over a week my check still hadn't cleared - I called again. I was told by another rep that it takes 7 business days NOT the original 3-5 that I was told before.
The rep who quoted 7 days kept trying to tell me that the 1st guy hadn't been wrong. I tried to explain that they couldn't both have given me accurate information. He wa incapable of understanding this concept.
So I decided to close my account. I went to my TD Bank branch and I've now been waiting over an hour to close my account. I had to involve the bank manager and after I informed him that I was filing as many complaints as I could in the time between when I walked in and when I received my funds he agreed to help.