TCF Banknsf fees and holding deposits

TCF Bank selects items to suspend in order to add NSF fees. TCF Bank adds NSF fees to RETURNED checks that have overdraft protection. TCF bank then accepts the same check when it is submitted for payment by the vendor the second time. TCF Bank then adds another NSF fee to the same check. The vendor requests a late fee payment, TCF Bank will pay the late fee and add NSF fees. For a $74 check, TCF Bank have charged me on more than one occasion up to $148 in NSF fees.

• Cm
    C Matt Dec 04, 2014

TCF Bank Over drafted my account over and over sense opening account
    first time contacted BBB and got no where filed consumer complaint after this and again got no where

But TCF gave a lot of my money back then again this month December social security check gets deposited pay rent and other bills and after should Have been $400.00 left find out there is nothing there

• Ca
    Cathy St Oct 20, 2014

I was charged $700 in overdraft fees for being overdrawn one day in the amount of $36. Talk about a scam

• Su
    Suzclark Jul 23, 2012

5000 minimum to avoid monthly fees! Seriously. $1.95 " check imaging fee " to cash my own check, on my own account at my local branch. Switched to Chase. They are the BEST.

• Nu
    Nutrendce Oct 22, 2011

Well TCF, a new class action lawsuit I am sure will be coming your way thanks to your new daily overdraft fees of $28 a day!! I have been a customer for over 15yrs and I will be closing my account and going with my local credit union. Enjoy the money you have stole from me and you can keep the .02 cents of interest I'm getting on my crappy savings account! When is someone going to bail out the hard working citizens of America instead of these greedy, self-serving BANKS!!!

• Ok
    Okle Sep 02, 2011

TCF bank over charges for overdrafts they charged me 175.00 on fees for being 17 DOLLARS small because there policy is f*** every one that banks there for example i had the CASH to cover all but one trans but instead they worked it so that they could make the most out of every transaction so if you like getting robbed by your bank than bank with tcf bank today.

• Pa
    PATRICIA L. WILSON Aug 15, 2011

SIGN ME UP FOR OVERDRAFT. HAD ME TO BELIEVE THERE'S A ONE TIME FEE FOR THE MONTH AND WILL GET APPROVED FOR TRANSACTIONS UP TO $500.00. WELL IT WAS NOT TRUE. I WAS HIT WITH ALL KINDS OF INSUFF. FUNDS .THEY SEEN ME COMING. THEN I GOT RELIEVED FROM TWO TRANS. I AM REALLY UPSET AND I BELIEVE THAT I WAS MIS INFORMED TO COLLECT SEVERAL FEES.

• Ke
    KELVIN ECHOLS May 26, 2011

NATIONAL PLATINUM HAS CHARGES ON ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY PERMISSION AND CAUSE BANK FEES ADD MYACCOUNT AND ANOTHER COMPANY BY THE NAME OF PLATINUM ONLINE GROUP DID THE SAME THING CAUSE BANK TO BE THE TOTAL OF $70.00 DOLLARS

• Kl
    K.Linda Mar 25, 2011

$54.95 has been taken from my account by TCF Bank. I've never had any business with TCF Bank and certainly didn't authorize this debit. I will be talking to my bank about this transaction.

• Bu
    bueno93 Aug 31, 2010

Somebody is charging on my account. Date of charge-8/5 /2010. They charge - Club Services Oceanside Caus. They charge $49.00. They charge again now. I want it stop.

• Pr
    ProudTCFer Feb 22, 2009

What a ridiculous complaint.

• Ka
    Kate Aug 29, 2008

TCF BANK is a miserable institution. They steal money. The customer is never right. The University of Michigan should withdraw their support, because in advising their students to join TCF, they're helping Tcf extort money from them.

PROTEST TCF ON CAMPUS