The complaint has been investigated and
resolved to the customer's satisfactionResolved Tata South Africa — New Vehicle Faulty
resolved to the customer's satisfaction
During January this year we bought what was supposed to be a NEW 2014 Tata Xenon Double Cab bakkie only to notice the following faults:
1. Surface rust on doors and roll bar.
2. Over spray on the passenger side rear wheel arch liner.
3. Three of the tyres on the vehicle are Federal and one of the tyres is a Apollo (The spare tyre is also a Federal)
4. The front door panels are not fitting correctly.
5. No lighter
6. Passenger seat making a VERY LOUD squeaking noise.
We requested that this vehicle be replaced with a new one - only to be informed that Tata is prepared to fix any defects but that they are not prepared to replace it.
Why should I pay for a NEW car if I am getting a second hand one, that is rusting and requires panel beating etc. after only three weeks???
Tata SA - your response to this issue was unacceptable and I am EXTREMELY disappointed!!!