Talbotspoor quality - poor fit - over priced

Don't waste your money. The clothing is of very poor quality. The fits are erratic and, from my experience, never quite right. The cheap material in some clothing causes it to stretch as you wear it to the point that you look like you are wearing rags. I have had clothing shrink such that I can not wear it - and I followed the washing instructions.
It used to be that you could count on Talbots for quality and style, but that simply is no longer the case. The cheap, imported clothing is over priced, the quality is gone and frumpy simply isn't stylish! I have several outfits that I simply cannot wear -- I was told by an unhelpful clerk that she could recommend a tailor!
I don't mind paying for a quality product, but I hate to feel that I have wasted my money. I am now looking for boutique lines of clothing made in America out of American produced cloth and materials.
Talbots lost focus on quality has lead to its demise and the company has only itself to blame.

• Ei
    Eileen Reynolds Jul 18, 2012

I have shopped Talbots for 27 years. Once was that I'd go in and be helped cheerfully by a savvy lady to find classic clothing, size 8, and everything to complete the outfit. I never questioned if it would fit. Everything was a perfect fit. All these years later, these clothes still fit perfectly. Now, however, I can wear a 10, 12, 8 from Talbots and none of it fit! The quality is nonexistent and service, what service??? My old size 8 pants are STILL fitting and looking new. When I began shopping Talbots and for many years after, under every description in every catalog, it proudly stated "Made In The USA"! I calculated I have spent $25, 000 easily in 27 years. This year I have spent 0.