SynapseConnectauto renewal of subscriptions

K

I received a card saying they were going to renew 4 magazines for me at the regular price which was a huge amount for each one. The card said to call and cancel by Nov 27, but when I called, it was automated and said I'd have to call again by Nov 27. I do not want this "service"at all and I have never heard of the company or subscribed for any magazine through them.

• Be
    bernard Jan 28, 2009

I get a notice to guarantee a hassle free subscription of 4 magzines with a huge amount and said if I don't want them I can call 800 627 2026. I called that number and the lady answered call siad that she has no idea of what Synapse connect is. I will stop the payment

• Km
    kmarks Aug 18, 2009

I only disagree to the extent that the phone number works! However, you get a recording and I am still finding it difficult to talk to a Real person. Also, so far. I was able to cx two subscriptions; however, NO REFUND! I think this is a RipOff company!

• Ya
    Yacky Jackie Oct 04, 2010

I have gone onto the web site www.mybonuscenter.com printed on my order of Cooking Light 14issues, Martha Stewart Living 15issues and Readers Digest 15 issues. Also called three phone numbers including one listed on my order (1-800-884-3350)to cancel. They don't have these mags on their list. Did not receive all of these mags either. Got 1 or 2 issues of Cooking Light, M. Stewart and -o- of Readers digest. Cannot access these magazines to cancel. Do anyone know how to access these mags or how to cancel them??????????
    Yacky Jackie

• Jy
    jyoung May 07, 2016

I received the same notice in the mail. I was able to cancel all issues without a problem. It was all automated and I received a confirmation number. I called 1.877.340.6783
    We will see if I am charged in the future.

• Cc
    ccwa Apr 09, 2019

Check your credit card statements going back a year ago when the subscription was made. On my statement, the company's website was given where the merchant's name should be. For me, the merchant was TMEsub (www.tmesub.com). TMEsub is owned by synapse connect. On TMEsub's website, there is a phone number and email address given to handle subscription inquiries like cancellations. The phone number given is different from the one that was given on the mailer.

I prefer to use email as it produces a written proof of the business transaction (in this case, the cancellation). Always ask the company to confirm the name of the magazines that you have a subscription for through them, and then have them state in the email that those magazines are being cancelled and will not renew.

Synapse Connect also has a website you can go to to cancel. It is www.magcustomerservice.com. From the looks of the website, it looks like the same website of TME sub. I would go through all the channels to cancel.