Swiss Air — Overcharge for first baggage on economy light ticket
On August 4, 2019, I went on Swiss.com website to prepay for 'first baggage' for flight LX55 (e-ticket # [protected]), leaving that afternoon. The website would not allow me to choose the $60. (usd) option. (My co-traveler, had initiated the transaction on her PC and was unable to finish the transaction because her PC froze.) Therefore, I went on the website to finish the transaction. ( It appears that the website was still 'seeing' the transaction of my co-traveler) It only allowed the $85. (usd) option, which was the fee for a second bag. I presumed that they (Swiss Air) would refund the extra monies charged. At the airport the !!!Swiss Air personnel assured me that Customer Service would refund the $50 (usd) overcharge. ($25. each way)!!!
I sent two emails to CS in Switzerland. Each did NOT address my issue of overcharge.
This is the response I received in the second email:
"Naturally I understand your dissatisfaction in view of your experience. I must inform that we cannot cover airport imposed costs. These are not directly linked with the contract of carriage between a passenger and SWISS. Hence, I regret that our stance remains unchanged.
I am sorry that this resolution might not meet your expectation and hope that you understand our position in this matter."
Customer Feedback Services / R1S
Swiss International Air Lines Ltd.
Customer Feedback Services
More Swiss Air Complaints & Reviews
- Swiss Air - no full refund given 
- Swiss International Airlines - they didn't honour their word 
- Swiss Air - racism 
- Swiss Air - dreadful service, missing luggage 
- Swiss Air - theft from checked in baggage 
- Swiss Air - horrible service
- Swiss International Airlines - swiss airlines and customer services
- Swiss / Swissair - fraud / overcharging
- Swiss Air - denied travel 
- Swiss International Airlines - the service of swissair in zurich airport