Swarovskicancellation without intimation because selected future delivery

A

I had ordered a necklace and a couple of other items (together lets say "products")from the Swarovski website online on Nov 23. I was traveling at that time, and thus selected delivery on Dec 2 rather than an immediate delivery. When I purchased the products online, all of them were available in stock. I waited until Dec 11 but did not get any intimation from Swarovski regarding delivery (I had received delivery intimation and got delivery for another order I had made), so I sent them an email on Dec 11 to which the response was we are receiving many emails and will get back to you shortly. So I called up the Call Center on Dec 12 and the person took my order number, put me on hold for a couple of mins and came back to say we didn't send your order because we were out of stock and have to cancel your order! No prior information (10 days after the delivery was supposed to be done) and then just cancel! (What if I hadn't called), and then when I argue saying how you could do this, the Call Center person says we can give you a 50% discount voucher and refund you. I asked her to transfer me to her senior (escalated manager), and the luckily she did. I had a similar conversation with her and she finally did apologize that it was their mistake, but then said its part of terms and conditions that we can cancel an order! Really! just because I chose a future delivery, you can just cancel my order, even though it was in stock when I ordered. How can a company such as Swarovski treat its customers this way? And when I ask her if there is anyway she can arrange for that necklace, in a different country or later delivery, she just says we can't (I don't know if this necklace design will be in production again, because we are a fashion company!) and only says we have to cancel the order! When I ask her when I'd get a refund, she just bluntly says it depends on your financial institution! Is this the kind of customer service to expect from a company like Swarovski? Is this how they fulfill customer orders? Why have a thanksgiving sale if they can't fulfill orders when it is actually in stock when you order?