Super Shuttleservices not provided

In September 2009, I traveled to Houston, Texas. I made all my arrangements through Travelocity. I booked my flights, hotel and transfers through them. The only shuttle service offered was Super Shuttle, so I booked transfers both from the airport to my hotel on September 11 and from my hotel back to the airport on September 13. Everything was prepaid, and I printed out both of my vouchers for Super Shuttle transfers. I arrived at Houston's George Bush Intercontinental Airport on September 11 and after presenting my prepaid transfer voucher was taken to my hotel. Nothing at all was said to me about there being any problem. In fact, there were other passengers in the shuttle van who were going even further away than I was. I was the first passenger dropped off.

When I phoned Super Shuttle on September 12 to see what time they would pick me up the next morning, the girl who answered the phone at first said she had no record of my reservation, even though I provided her with my confirmation number, which was Confirmation #: [protected] & [protected]. She then informed me that she was sorry but that I was "out of their area." After a moment of shock, I informed her that I didn't see how that was possible, as her own company had just transported me to the same hotel just one day earlier. She just kept saying that I wasn't in their area and there was nothing she could do. I was very upset, of course, and asked why, then, they had accepted my money if they didn't plan to honor the implied contract. After sounding rather annoyed, she finally told me, "well, let me see what I can do." She put me on hold and never came back. I waited on hold for 15 minutes, then finally gave up. I had to arrange for and pay for alternate means to get back to the airport.

On September 17, I sent an email to Super Shuttle relating all of the above. I received absolutely no response whatsoever. Needless to say, I am furious and will never use this company again. I strongly urge you to advise anyone inquiring about this service to look elsewhere, and I will tell everyone I know never to use Super Shuttle. Thank you.

Wendy Dunford
305 Breckingridge Drive
Ladson, SC 29456
[protected]
[protected]@gmail.com

• Co
    coolrunner717 Nov 29, 2009

I work as a reservationist for supershuttle, and I want to make a few point. First of all, Travelocity is a rip off when it comes to there partnership with supershuttle. You actually pay more than if you were to just call us first, and Travelocity doesn't even set a reservation for you.
    What happened to you is that you got a mindless reservationist on the phen that day, who has no bussiness working in customer service. I recently had a similar exprience with the IRS customer service, and I keep getting idiot after idiot that would tell me it's all just a big glitch in the computer system. I was presistant though, and I eventually got someone who knew what they were doing. You have to realize that a lot of people in this world are really stupid. Supershuttle and the IRS
    What you should have done is called back and asked to speak with a supervisor who would have called the dispatcher, and they would have manually writen out your pick up if they had too.