Sunwingschedule change

Consumer alert - sunwing
Never book a vacation with sunwing.in their terms and conditions it states that they can change your flight at their convenience. As a result a eight day vacation that was paid for was changed to a seven day vacations since they changed our midnight flight to an early afternoon flight. Our direct flight to ottawa of 4 hours was changed to a 7 hour flight that made a stop in quebec.
Sunwing then took a plane of 180 people to quebec to let of 20 people and took the remaining 160 people to ottawa, how is that for customer service.
Do not book with sunwing as you will not received compensation for changes that they make and you will not receive the vacation that was paid for.

• N
      Apr 06, 2010

Paid sunwing for a 7 day all inclusive trip to varadero cuba. However, recieved a notice under our hotel door stating our departure time has been changed to 12 hours earlier. We lost an entire day of our trip, not including the time and money spent trying to contact sunwing and our travel agent to get some sort of explanation. Now i'm working on trying to contact sunwing, without any luck, to recieve some sort of compensation for this loss. Am I fighting a losing battle?
    On a side note... i walked down the beach to another resort where some folks from our arrival flight were staying...they got no notice of any change and were probably soaking up the sun while we were flying home! This seems so unfair to me...what should i do?

• A
      Jun 04, 2012
    Sunwing - total lack of respresentation at resort
    Brisas Corrvarubias
    Cuba

I spent 4 days at this resort which I booked threw Sunwing and when I arrived at resort was sadly disappointed and it went from bad to worse. I needed to speak with my Sunwing rep desperately to no avail, he wasn't even reachable by phone and hotel would not reach him for me. My flight was delay by 5hrs and this info was available friday jun 1 and I was not told till sat at 330pm that I was stuck at resort till 1130pm sat june 2 waiting for delayed flight at 330am Sun jun 3. Finally sat night I met my rep for first time as he showed with the bus and then lied about the delay and his lack of communication with me and resort. Wasn't till I got to airport and spoke with others from different resorts but on same flight that they were told about this delay on Fri june 1 and my rep couldn't be bother with me!!! My vacation was a nightmare and actually talk to flight center rep about getting moved but because I couldn't get in touch with the Sunwing rep and had to stay and have the worst time of my life!!! I will never travel with Sunwing again if this is the type of people they want representing them!!! I want restitution for this disaster!!! And the worst is at the end of it all Canjet brought us home!!!

• A
      Jan 23, 2013

Hi I am writing this due to the fact our honeymoon was a nightmare. First of all we had to wait over 3 hours when we arrived to our resort. Then on Saturday the second day we were there our toilet would not flush we told our cleaning lady and she tried to call out but the phone wouldn't work in our room so she can get someone to fix it so she had to go find someone. Sunday we ended up with travel diarrhea and the toilet still wasn’t working so we went to the front desk they said they would send someone. Our toilet was like this until Tuesday and every day we complained and put notes that toilet still was not fixed and we had the ### still. Tuesday they had someone come in take the toilet out and clean the thing in our shower witch was gross. Tuesday night when waking up I flushed the toilet and the ### was now going down but was coming through the shower drain, so we had to try to clean it out. Wednesday morning ### came up all in the shower and ### was all over we had enough and our room and now it smelt like ### and we were not well so we went straight to the front desk because we still had no phone. We ended up calling you and told us to get out right away. Once we hung up they said they would move us but we have to wait until my husband got pissed right off and said if we don’t have a room now we are going home, they of course had our room ready. We had no clock or coffee pot in our room to even know what time it was. Also for a 4 star we were not too happy we ended up at the 3 star all day due to the fact our resort had nothing happening because the 3 star had all the things going. We were at the 3 star bar on night and decided to leave to go to the other bars on our resort and they were closed so we had to go all the way back to the other resort just to do anything witch was bull ###. This was our honeymoon and our first time out of the country and I got to say we were very very disappointed and we are never going back and will not fly sunwing any longer as this was the worst trip ever I was so happy to be home when I should be sad leaving. We have pictures that we took when the ### was coming through our shower. Our honeymoon was ruined due to these issues. Its been almost a week still haven't heard a thing from sunwing

• S
      Feb 06, 2013

yup, sunwing only wants your money and will never "service" the "costumer"