Sunset RanchesSunset Ranches scam

R

this company advertises in the Pennysaver, City Paper, and online websites. For a number of years, they have offered cheap deals on 20 acre "ranches" in El Paso, Texas. The realty is that the land is "scrubland". Brandi Grissom, reporter for El Paso Times wrote an expose story about the Texas Attorney General, a Judge, et. al failed efforts to stop the land deal scams because a man commited suicide, people have lost their life savings, and the landscape in Sierra Blanca and Van Horn is dotted with old trailers, half buillt shacks, etc. from those who were ceated into this scam. When consumers default on the monthly payments, Sunset Ranches forecloses and takes back the properties. I canceled my contract with them within the seven day period after sigg the contract. This because of finding online that it was a scam. They simply sent me a package with a land plat saying I was owner of 60 acres for 40 acres price. (I fell for that!) It is sadi that what they are doing is barely "legal", but legal none the less. This makes no sense if they misrepresent what their "product" is. Hudspeth County or the State of Texas should assume a more aggressive effort to stop this scam. They get to send tax bills to thousand of duped consumers.
HELP THERE SHOULD BE SOME JUSTICE...

LandOwner Apr 17, 2021

Has anyone paid off their property? What the property tax rate in Hudspeth? Has anyone received a bill from the the county?

• Ms
    MSG. RETIRED David Doane Jul 29, 2021

@LandOwner Hello there land owner
    I bought 40 acres in Oct 2020 and paid it off i pay 408 a year on both parcel for taxes

Jorge.L Apr 09, 2021

I purchased a 40 Acre lot. It's just as described. If you're looking for something to quickly move into and live, it's not for you. Most of the land there is raw land. Meaning, no utilities. We plan on installing a septic system and solar power for the time being. It's a home away from home so were not too concerned with utilities. The roads leading to the property for the most part are not too bad. Bumpy? Yes. There are some soft spots but my SUV did fine in 2wd. I didnt actually use 4wd until I was on the property itself because I was cleaning it up and there were a couple of soft areas. My family loves it out there. We hunt jackrabbits. Haven't seen any other wild life other than a few coyotes and one Javalinas on my trail cam. Sierra Blanca is a very small one gas station town. I'm originally from El Paso, so I'm familiar with dessert settings and dry heat. El Paso is not bad, just crowded but plenty to do. Van Horn is also a small town but more active than Sierra Blanca. Maybe visit the areas before making a decision. Like most said, if you're not familiar with this setting, you may need to just do some research or look elsewhere.

• Be
    betty222 Nov 26, 2020

we tried to buy land in that same exact area but from a different seller and i would not reccommend
    buying it sight unseen. and i say that because we actually drove over there to check out what we might be buying. the first attempt we actually made it to the land that we would have to cross to get to the actual
    land that we would be buying but the sand was so deep even if we made it past the deep ditch, we could not even get on the land itself from the road. a regular two wheel drive truck will not work. so we went to another property that was for sale. we didn't even get close on that one. the road we had to go on had such deep sand we got stuck and barely made it back out to the main road. i am not sure if even a four wheel drive would work, the sand has really deep drifts everywhere making it really hard to navigate. and some parts of the roads had deep cravasses. so keep that in mind because i dont think we could ever manage to get a small travel trailer out there much lesss a house or large structure. we did see a few small structures on a few of the properties on the roads that were drivable, but just a few. the wind blows really hard out there and with the sand everywhere you look the roads and land quickly get tons of sand dumped on them very quickly.
    i would not reccommend it trying to live there unless you have a powerful four wheel drive, a winch, and long stakes you can pound into the ground to tie off to, there is no trees to tie off to. you will need a shovel and boards as well. just keep that in mind if you have any health issues and need to get somewhere fast. if you are young and strong and adventurous and have good survival skills i say go for it, its a great deal. dont go unarmed though.

• Sc
    ScJax2019 Jul 20, 2019

I have no complaints about my tract of land, but then again I lived in the desert before and knew what I was getting into when I started purchasing the piece of property. Only complaint I have, and it isn't really a great big issue, just an annoyance, is that it is very hard to get an accurate GPS location on your property corners because the numbers on the plat map do not seem to correspond to anything.

• Te
    texassand May 24, 2019

its not a scam. its dessert. if you don't know what a dessert is, or never have been to one- i could see how you may be ...dissapointed? . its too much to explain, i suggest discovery channel? encyclopedias? or go stay in one a while.
    its a reasonable low price, for desolate area. and certainly not the most desolate out there. they advertise game for hunting. while this is true, desert animals range is massive, so its not like its going to be packed full...i think if you want off grid peace, go for it. but research what a desert is. how to live in one. and the cost of water, and solar if you want that fancy stuff.

TNA11111 Dec 10, 2017

Well here we are again taking a trip out to see our 100 acres in 2 weeks and start fencing it off in 9 days. The last time we were out there was January 2016 so we don't know what or if changes have been made to the roads. I will post another update either during our stay there or afterwards. Just state again this is not a "Scam" for the one's who either have heard or read.

• Ro
    Robert Vernon May 28, 2018

@TNA11111 I would like to make contact with you as I am a newbie and will arrive this July 2018 for my walkthrough and confirm boundary markers and begin to build my homestead. Please contact me at [email protected]
    and chat. Thanks Dr. Robert Vernon

• El
    Elbert Beam Jul 19, 2017

I live in odessa tx and I love it here. I thought about buying the 20 acres just to get a container put on a concrete pad to store my stuff in when I go to the Philippines. I am really curious about the land too. I have read all of the comments. Now I'm thinking about more than ever thx for those that have bought the land and they have good reviews

• De
    Debby King Mar 24, 2017

Appreciate you being here where everyone has a chance to say what's on their mind and others can tell the truth without being censored. Thanks 👍🏻

• Ny
    Nylevet Jul 16, 2016

Is the owner the only person that can hunt on the property?

• To
    tongb May 11, 2016

I bought my 20 acres in 2004..I been making my payment of 99 dollars a month since then..I seen my land 3 times. .and the nice soft brown earth is great. .I trust sunset ranches. .and when I finally pay off my land..I expect them to send me a deed that is legal..I am proud to own a piece of Texas. .sunset ranches better not be crooks!

• Da
    dawidio Mar 31, 2016

I bought 20 acres for 6k cash and have never regretted my decision. Sunset Ranches have been nothing but transparent and honest in the transaction, as well as how much yearly taxes would be. I have not run into any surprises and my land has tripled in value since I got it. It's already broken into sections with street names and I'm waiting for a development to hit so I can sell and/or give it to my son to retire on. I'm 40 years old so I've got plenty of time to wait while only paying around $150 a year for the land - AND I camp on it whenever I want to and enjoy the West Texas night sky. Win all around as far as I'm concerned.

• Mr
    MrHollywod Mar 28, 2016

Wow this is crazy my sis jus purchase a lot and i talk to a guy name matt he sounds fair but ion kno i will jus wait to see if things go right for her

Rick neely Mar 14, 2016

I bought 20 acres and I love it! I was a chemical weapons specialist for the army ( I tested the ground and it's not contaminated) I have only good to say about my piece of paradise!

• El
    Elbert Beam Jul 19, 2017

@Rick neely Thx Rick for that great comment I have thought about buying land also. Now I'm more motivated.

TNA11111 Jan 30, 2016

Okay for everyone that feels this is a scam or whatever you want to call it, my husband and I can actually say "it's not". We spent from Jan. 16 - 19, 2016 there. We had an appt. on January 18, 2016 @ 9:00 a.m. with a lady by the name of Darlene. My husband wanted to get there early and research the property himself just to see when we met our tour guide if we were going to be taken in a different direction. Since we had already had our plats and our GPS Coordinates we arrived in El Paso on Saturday night. We drove back to Sierra Blanca Sunday and started our process of researching. Well to our surprise we didn't quite find our plats we just knew we were in the area very close by. I took pictures of our drive and how our GPS took us to compare for our tour Monday morning. We couldn't wait for Monday to come around just for comparison reasons. Monday morning arrived and we met with Darlene she showed us a map identical to ours the only difference was is that hers had street names on them already. I asked her how do I go about get one like hers and she stated I would have to call the main office to request one and of course they would charge me, I told her it didn't matter because having street names is better on a map than without one. I asked how far was our property from our meeting place which was the Chevron off of 1111 and she stated it was a 30 - 35 minute drive and so off we go. As we were following her she took us the exact same way our GPS took us the only difference is that since we didn't know what street name to turn off of we missed it just by 3 miles or so. Our property is definitely off the grid and we love love love every bit of it. I did mention to her about this website and how some people are stating about this is a scam and she informed she was aware of it and that it was not. She did state of us that you would have to drill for water or have it shipped in the big containers. Depending on where your property lies there is power and some do not have it. I can actually say that we do have internet service where we are at which includes two plateaus which one is roughly about 5500 altitude. Another plus is that you do not have to pull any permits for anything you want to build (woohoo). All neighbors are far away from each other is another plus. We did see antelope and herds of cattle, jack rabbits. There is mule deer from what she stated not much so what is out there they want to populate it if they can. You can hunt on your property also. We are looking at putting one of our campers on this property as we look to build with that being said you must have a portable disposal so that you can dispose of the waste appropriately (dump station).

TNA11111 Jan 13, 2016

TLEM88 - we have purchased 100 acres in December 2015 and have an appt. Monday, January 18, 2016 @ 9:00 a.m. with our tour guide name Darlene. They gave us her phone number to call and confirm our appt. it was told to us by Annette who called me from their Miami office that once we confirm with our tour guide and we do not cancel prior to 24 hours we will be charge $150.00. We are leaving on Saturday so by Monday morning we shall know if this is legit or not. We have made one payment because we want to make sure that this is legit. My email address is [email protected] if you would like to email me to know the outcome of this trip.

• Tl
    TLEM88 Dec 29, 2015

Questions for owners or those who've seen property:
    1. Their website says if you buy and give them 10 days notice, they will take you on a tour? Is this correct because several people have indicated you are on your own?
    2. If I am looking for a place to go camping with my sons & friends a few times a year, would you recommend?
    We live outside Fort Worth and are thinking of driving down Martin Luther King weekend in two weeks to check things out.

AlfinasPlace Dec 16, 2015

I wrote on here back in April 2015, Well been out to see my land in June and I love it in July I was offered another 40 acres adjacent to my original 100 acres so I brought it. I manage to get addresses for all my property. and each of the kids now have an even split of the land. I am still in the process of designing our homes so we can't start building yet. Things are looking great. Mountain or large in back ground you can not ask for anything better. It may not look like much but it's all mines.

• Bu
    Buster Puddles Nov 28, 2015

I read the first 2 comments and the first half of the third comment.
    Seemingly, Armando is either a knucklehead, an employee or a very successful drug lord currently building his estate on property purchased from sunset ranches.
    Stephanie sounds to me like she is an employee of sunset ranches when she uses phrases like, "When I do have a chance to visit Texas and see my land, I expect to find rough, mountainous and/or desert land, in a very rural area." Okay, Stephanie. So which is it, "And" or "or"? Is your land on the mountain or on the plain. Very, Very few properties have both and when referring to one of those properties, you would use the word "and" when writing, " ...mountainous and desert land..." She seems to have taken a phrase right out of their advertising.
    As far as Scotty goes, just stay in California. Texas is in no way anything like California and hopefully will never be anything like California.
    My personal experience with Sunset Ranches first was over the phone with a rude guy with a Bostonian accent who seemed bothered by the questions I was asking. Knowing the area having grown up in El Paso, I knew there was a lot of steppe in that area and hard to see the winding dirt road 100 ft ahead of you- in essence, very easy to get lost. He wasn't very helpful when I asked him how I was to find my 20 acre plat and if he or someone from his office could drive me to it. He informed me nobody would be available to help and all of the land out there was clearly marked with road signs and numbered, metal, ranch fence posts. Guess what...there are no signs and absolutely no numbered anything out there.
    To close my comment, I, personally, would love to own land in that area, but when/if I ever do,
    (1) I will have to hire a surveyor to show me exactly where my land is and the extent of it,
    (2) I will have to get used to transporting my water to any dwelling I will have there (the cost of drilling for water is VERY expensive),
    (3)I will have to be prepared to defend my life and property from many illegal alien invaders travelling through these ranchlands and from vandals.

May's Diner down the road is the only food within 30 miles of this area. A trailer converted into a small diner, May's at the time of my visit had a very nice staff of young people and is parked on what appears to be an old rest area off the highway that turns into Montana Ave as you travel towards El Paso. FM1111 is a VERY desolate road. While looking for May's diner, we drove on FM1111 for almost thirty minutes before another vehicle came by. Mobile phone reception is another issue you will have address in that area. driving Eastward from El Paso, once you pass Hueco Tanks on Montana Ave, you are likely to lose the use of your phone... for anything. No GPS, no phone, no internet= no contact with anyone. Not a good predicament if you have any kind of trouble.
    Do your research on the area before you buy. Be bold and call nearby towns to get info on crime, culture, availability of water, maps- anything you can think of that you might need.

• Jh
    Jhoney Yi Jul 11, 2015

My lot was locate about 1 miles at FM 62 & 120 North on Sunset Ranches Gate .
    I do not understand that why this kind scam concerning from lot owners
    If really this land sale was scam, how can sunset ranches owner continuing selling this land with parcel until today?

• Pu
    pumba86 Jun 02, 2015

I am thinking of purchasing land from Sunset Ranch. Still on the fence about it. I love their prices that they have set. Can anyone with info contact me and let me know how their process went and if it is worth it. Im not looking for a get rich scheme. I just want to own a piece of our beautiful America! Anyone with honest info please contact me at [email protected] thanks!

AlfinasPlace Apr 04, 2015

I just brought 100 acres and people I know in my community also brought lane in Sierra Blanca. I don't understand all the fuss, Land prices are going up everyday, therefore you have a great investment and that by itself should make you happy. Any way I'll be down at the end of the month to see the place, plus my sister lives in El Paso anyway be good to see her.

• Ra
    raineykhandie57 Mar 05, 2018

@AlfinasPlace have you moved there yet. My name is Rainey. I am seriously thinking of buying some land and moving there. lets be friends. [email protected]

alex j Harmon Dec 28, 2014

I just purchased site at blue quail ranch 2 and i was just trying to find out more about the area. I have read some of the comments and want to hear someone that live there. You can contact me [email protected]

• Ro
    Robinadair1951 Nov 29, 2014

We purchased one 20 acre site at Blue Quail 2, then another 20 at Cornudas . Have not been down there yet but are planning to in 2015. The o ne at Cornudas was listed as ready to build, electric available. Closer to El Paso, listed at 50 minutes from Walmart. I'd love to hear from other neighbors who are living at either location to learn what is going on. We have home in Northern PA on 18 acres but would love to relocate down to our Texas land especially for winter. Possibly year round. Looking forward to hearing from ya'll [email protected] All my dealings with Sunset have been positive. We encountered some financial issues due to unemployment of adult sons with families who moved in with us and were dependent upon us for support and Anthony, Jr worked with us and was very patient. He knew we did not want to lose our land but we could not let our sons and their children go with no where to live. Thank God we are past that. I would recommend Sunset Ranches to everyone looking for a warm climate for the winter. I am fairly sure the minerals rights become yours once you have paid off your loan. Happy Trails to everyone.

• Ge
    George Szejner Nov 05, 2014

Just purchased a 20 acres tract near Sierra Blanca. Hello to everyone. Do you know if building materials, like wood logs to build a small house, are available in the area and are delivered, say, by Home Depot, to the property?
    Another questions of the many I have are:
    I have a Ford Van 150, not a truck. Is it useful there or has to be a truck?
    Thank you for any reply [protected] or [email protected]

Jorge.L Apr 09, 2021

@George Szejner I did some shopping around. You need to either haul it from farther away or expect to pay a higher price for material. A 6' T post would cost me around $6 at HD, it costs me $9 in Van Horn. $3 difference is not bad until you realize how many you need for 20 acres. I priced a used tire because mine blew up coming down the ranch road, the only tire shop in Sierra Blanca wanted $150. I get used tires where I live for about $30.. I drove home on my spare and got a new tire instead. There are hardly any trees so you can't even cut your own wood. The few mesquite trees are in town.

• Bm
    bmccants Oct 08, 2014

I am considering Sunset Ranch but my mortgage connection said the purchase agreement is bogus and not at all formatted the way a purchase agreement and truth-in-lending disclosure should be formatted. Also, with previous sludge dumps and possible Cartel issues to the south, is it worth it if you actually want to live on and work the land?

• Co
    Cowboy1951 Sep 06, 2014

I disagree with a lot of the negative comments here. I originally purchased 200 acres. A short time later I purchased another 60 acres and I have just purchased another 40 acres. I have lived on the property for some time now and I really enjoy everything about my ranch. If I could get more land that adjoins mine, I would buy that too. At the time that I started buying my ranch, there was absolutely no misrepresentation at all. Everyone that I have ever dealt with has been very helpful. Please feel free to stop by the 505 Ranch anytime.

jazziedegem Aug 29, 2014

I have bought 80 acres of land from Sunset Ranch. I plane to buy more from them. This is not a scam whom ever is saying such bull needs to get a life. I very happy with Sunset Ranches.The first 40 acres I bought I was not happy with and was given to option to pick another or get my money back.

• En
    EnrSae Aug 14, 2014

I was wondering if anyone lives out in the Cornudas area? How's the property? Any luck drilling a well? If so, how much feet before you reached water? I'm really thinking about purchasing some land out there. Any info is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

• Jd
    JD TWODOGS Aug 02, 2014

Let us know AJV. From what little I can tell from reading a dozen comments, this is scrub-land and probably should only be bought as an investment and, if one wishes, land to park a SNOWBIRD r.v. or trailer. Seems some say it is or was a toxic waste dump area and another said was going to be used for a Space Center / Launch Area. Either way, sounds like obtaining land there might be very profitable sometime in the future, should the economy hold on. Thanks.

• Aj
    A.J.V. Jul 25, 2014

Hello,

I just purchased 120 acres in the Sierra Mountains at a very good price. Yes it is a risk there is nothing there but pure country and mountain. If that's the scene you like I think this is the place for you. I am only 2 hours away so i will be there to see it for my self and get to talk to the locals. I don't think there is anything wrong with investing in land it only goes up in value with time. Unit 149 tracts 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 25 is the area I have purchased. If you know the area some info would be great before driving out three tomorrow. All I know that it is within mountain range in the foot hills with awesome mountain views.

lazyl ranch May 29, 2014

YES YOU NEED A SEPTIC . COST IS AROUND $ 2700 BUCKS. As for water do as everyone here does buy it through Hudspeth County Department of Water . Around $ 130 will get your account started and $ 24.91 a month will get you 2000 gallons. Catch here is you haul your own water. Wells here go very deep and are exspensive to drill / also water is likely not to be pottable . We do have illegal aliens cross regularly and Border Patrol and Sherriffs office is slow to respond . Also are 30 or more minutes out and rarely can find those of us who live out here even if you are off of R.M. 1111 itself. GPS does not work past the paved road and best for phone service here is Verizon . Exspect lots of hard work and wind . If you come out bring a truck ( cars are no good here ) / dog / WATER / FOOD / AND A FIREARM. As these things are needed here . We have a variety of venemous snakes some of which have no anti venom. Also panthers / cougars and other large breed cats / havalena / coyotes and a few wolves . Not to mention wild dogs people have dumped . Plenty of Antelope and jack rabbits and doves and quail. ALSO YOU WILL HAVE TO BARBWIRE FENCE YOUR PROPERTY TO KEEP THE FREE RANGE CATTLE FROM DESTOYING YOUR GARDEN AND PROPERTY . BECAUSE THE RANCHER DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR HARD WORK OR PROPERTY . HE WILL DRIVE RIGHT PAST NO TRESSPASSING SIGNS IF NO FENCE OR GATE IS BLOCKING HIM. AND THE POWERS THAT BE AT CORPORATE SAY IT IS OK FOR HIM TO DO IT UNTIL YOU HAVE A FENCE UP. HE LEASES THE GRAZING RIGHTS EVEN WHEN WE ARE PAYING FOR THE LAND . JUST ANOTHER WAY THE RICH ARE GETTING RICHER OFF OF US.

lazyl ranch May 29, 2014

YES YOU MUST PUT IN A SEPTIC SYSTEM THEY RUN AROUND $2700 HERE. As for a well drill at your own risk . Water is very deap and it may or may not be pottable. We have a friend that has a 900 foot well and still has to purchase drinking water . He can wash clothes / bath / laundry and such but cannot drink it. Most do as we do and get water from Hudspeth county it is $ 24.91 a month for 2000 gallons . Addition water is around $ 8.00 per 1000 gallons . Also there is a deposit of Around $ 130.00 to get an account. We haul our own water in a 350 gallon IBC tank and trailer . We ourselves have a 1600 plus square foot cabin we are finishing out . But if hard work and an aversion to defending your family and property is an issue think hard. I say this because law enforcement is 30 or more inutes away and most times cannot get to us because they can not find us ( GPS DOES NOT WORK HERE ). Cell service is spotty and Verizon is best . Border Patrol is lack luster in responding to reports of illegals in the area when we report it . BASICALLY WE ARE OUR OWN LAW AND SECURITY HERE. IF YOU COME AND HELP YOURSELF OTHERS WILL DO THE SAME FOR YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE . The barter system is very much alive and well with thse of us on the ranches. Hope this helps. Resident appointed Ranch Patrol Officer.

Jorge.L Apr 09, 2021

@lazyl ranch Do they deliver the water?

• Th
    The Cady's May 29, 2014

Hi, My husband, four children, two dogs, and I are thinking of buying land now! We are naturalist, pure nature freaks lol and we Love the peace of nature and living Natural like back in the day... Bare minimum, Solar power, well water... Keep it Free! "Less is definitely More" Yes, we know the fact that this is undeveloped land and there is no crowded stores, malls, etc crowding the area but that is Exactly how life should be! Were destroying Natural beauty for all the housing, malls, stores etc being built. Which is a crying shame in my point of view.
    One of our main concerns is we heard that we HAVE to drill a well and septic system. Does anyone know if this is true? We spoke to Jerry and Jeff and they have answered all of my other questions. When we purchase land we would like to build small type cabins and have lots of animals and grow our own food.We would like to speak with someone who has bought land and is Currently living on the land they purchased.We do not believe in paying so much money for a house when you can pay just two hundred dollars and have twenty acres of land and build your own cabin and have it exactly how you want it. If all this pans out to be true, we are VERY Excited to be purchasing land and moving there right away for this would be a "Dream Come True".
    Sincerley The Cady's

Jorge.L Apr 09, 2021

@The Cady's You dont HAVE to drill for water but you do HAVE to install a septic system. I dont recommend drilling for water. It's not guaranteed and you'd still have to pay for service. There are cattle free roaming where my property is so the rancher has to get plenty of water somewhere but he may have just gotten lucky.

lazyl ranch May 06, 2014

My wife and I purchased a 20 acre parcel on Sunset Ranches Blue Quail 2 in October 2013. Found the roads not real good to it and had to travel 3.5 miles to the highway . Also found that we could not tie to the eletric lines passing through its center due to private ownership of said lines. Thus we found a better lot on Blue Quail 3 that is more accesible to RM 1111 and did a land swap 20 acres for 20 acres with no problems whatsoever. We are very pleased with our purchase and our parcell. The moutain veiws are beutiful and we watch antelope on our property regularly. Rich and Jerry both have been very professional and helpful in answering any questions we have had and with resolving any concerns brought to them. But if you are afraid of hard work best you stay away . Homesteading is just that. Obtain bare lan
    d and make a home just as the people who came here in the 1700:s and 1800s did. Hauling water is a must wells are deeper than 400 feet however more like 1000 to 1600 feet.

• Nj
    NJ-Atul Apr 05, 2014

This is not a complaint. This is a letter acknowledging and appreciating services rendered by Sunset ranches.
    I bought my Land from the firm and am satisfied with the handling and professional manner in which SR has conducted the business.

richard henry jr Mar 23, 2014

HELLO My name is Richard a friend who was going to get some land at sunset ranches sent me this i was in shock. I called my land agen
    t that sold me my land he said not to worry that they dont inforce this i thought then why did they print it i hope i type this address in right if not email me here it is click on it https;//www.sunsetranches.com/home/pdf/sunset%20DECLARATION%20%200f%20%20RESTRICTIVE%20%20C0VENANTS.com

richard henry jr Feb 16, 2014

Hello, my name is Richard Henry i posted on 26th Jan 2014 and made mistake on email and phone number.I bought 40 Acrs on pay as you go every thing has been ok, no problems yet.They have returned all my calls and have been of help every time i called. I have been on the net every day checking all kinds of stuff out about the land and where get things all kinds of info. I WOULD BE GLADE TO SHARE EVERY THING I FOUND OUT just phone me Richard Henry at [protected] would be best as it would be lots of typing or email me at [email protected] or [email protected] am retired, so have lots time to check stuff out and have done much checking out.Hope to get down there in June 2014 am in unit 421 at blue quail 1 Ranch of 1111out side of Sierra Blanca hope to hear from any one from there or other sunset ranch lots, LATER MY FRIENDS. HOPE TO MEET SOME OF YOU When i move down there real soon hope by next year.

richard henry jr Jan 26, 2014

Hello, I just got 40 Acrs on the pay as you go plain SO FAR SO GOOD I am now over the net getting info have done in past but want all the up dated stuff I can get. Yes they have been nice to me and helpful and should be getting my signed contract back to me in the next day or so.I plain on buying a very nice close to new as I can rv and may be later a home, as I want to do some travel as I am retired and turning 60 feb 2014. I have read every thing on here and do know what this type of land is like have traveld through this area long be for it was for sale and its very nice land yes its desert but that's what makes it what it is breath takeing views. hat im looking for is any one on here have a RV on land in sunset ranches ? if so my email is [email protected] better yet phone me at [protected] I would love to ask you some things about RV living there it would help me a lot very much so. I plan on making a trip to see my land in june 2014 cant wait.I am hoping to move down there in dec 2014 well hope to meet some great folks down there know I will

• Mi
    Mike Berger Nov 11, 2013

No scam, just look at the land before you buy and realize that there are expenses involved in getting septic and water etc. to the property. Do your homework. The land is fairly valued for what it is. I have 20 acres past Cattleman's and have my deed. Some people make bad decisions and then blame others either through stupidity or malice.

• Mi
    Mike Berger Nov 11, 2013

People are hilarious. They buy land sight unseen and then complain when the land is barren and has no utilities. Go look the parcels over and THEN make a decision. The properties are typical West Texas ranchland...no more...no less. Any sensible person knows that there are restrictions and laws governing sewage disposal, water availability etc. THE LAND IS DIRT CHEAP FOR A REASON.The properties are fairly priced for what they are. There is no scam, only stupid people blaming others for their lack of homework. I have 20 acres past Cattleman's and have my title. Jeez...